Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

Are TDK that scared of louisgg and smoothie being bad? Having a 2v2 lane is great because it lets Seraph match vs Avalon.

To be fair, they are really bad. If TDK is possibly going to get into the LCS, it's off the backs of Alex and Seraph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That.. Barrel..

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
classic terrible seraph tp saved by kez

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Disinterested posted:

I believe their mid wanted to leave the org and isn't coming back. Alex doesn't play for another org in contention so I guess it's no issue

Oh, Kyle is gone? Good riddance, he was only good at jayce.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh, Kyle is gone? Good riddance, he was only good at jayce.

I believe so, his tweet was a bit ambiguous though. He was a Jayce gimmick player idk what they expected.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Rek'Sai plays

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

Why exactly is TDK allowed to play with Alex as a ringer then? Lol.

He is a sub for the team

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

That's why I was confused. Alex playing is fine since he's an official sub for them but I heard Kyle left the team and never heard anything about a replacement. Kinda lovely if he's just gonna come back after TDK make it in if he left them himself.

But I'm glad Alex isn't thinking about joining, I've really liked what I've seen of Misfits so far.

e: also I'm honestly surprised Avalon is looking better than Seraph. Never thought too highly of either but at least Seraph made challenger in Korea...

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Someone explain to me the 1st item Essense Reaver Sivir

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Essence Reaver spotted.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

take a quick peek-see at louisxgeegee's sivir build.

hint:

Admoon posted:

e: also I'm honestly surprised Avalon is looking better than Seraph. Never thought too highly of either but at least Seraph made challenger in Korea...

because avalon was farming top while seraph had to double jungle.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Somewhere, Bond and Tonetta are smiling.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

why didn't bond say he was playing promos

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

IXIX posted:

Ok, I'll try: LouisXGeeGee is bad

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

IXIX posted:

challenger player thinking he found out some good build that no one's used. doesn't realize why pro players never build that item.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

IXIX posted:

Killed By Death posted:

[LouisXGeeGee and Smoothie] are really bad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Alex Ich showing the Russian Rocket action.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Everyone (even the casters) thinks Essence Reaver rush is trolling but it's honestly not bad.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Libertine posted:

Everyone (even the casters) thinks Essence Reaver rush is trolling but it's honestly not bad.

It's not terrible, but I'm not convinced rushing it is optimal.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
God these casters are bad, wheres my man Kobe!

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

8 Ball posted:

still sick probably :(

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Jatt is also apparently going through some voice therapy or something, according to an interview he did that went up on Gamestop. Maybe that's conflicting with him casting for now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

8 Ball posted:

too sick to cast, not sick enough to miss out on Regi's birthday party B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2iTRqrtO3Q&t=1214s

Peter, the coach for TL is there too

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Takes care of his mana problems and gives him sustain at least. I guess they're not planning on Louis backing very much.

Question, is Mundo going to be hideously hard to kill in the very late game with his ultimate and the smite/cinderhulk stacking.

Edit: I'm betting Kobe basically has no voice right now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Calax posted:

Takes care of his mana problems and gives him sustain at least. I guess they're not planning on Louis backing very much.

Question, is Mundo going to be hideously hard to kill in the very late game with his ultimate and the smite/cinderhulk stacking.

He's going to be a literal raidboss. It's gonna be disgusting.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Shiphtur explains the Essence Reaver purchase: https://twitter.com/Shiphtur/status/592470804790513664

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Calax posted:

Directly relates to whether or not seraph has tped in to 5 people a million miles from his team

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Essence Reaver baffles me because I've never heard of an ADC having mana issues. The only mana intensive one is blue build Ezreal but the tear takes care of that.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Admoon posted:

Essence Reaver baffles me because I've never heard of an ADC having mana issues. The only mana intensive one is blue build Ezreal but the tear takes care of that.

It's actually pretty good on ez because of the cdr, and even with tear he shits out mana in blue build

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Admoon posted:

It makes sense on Draven because you want to mash Blood Rush literally every time you catch an axe. On others it's a bit...weirder.

EDIT: It'll make way more sense as an offensive option on CDR-hungry ADCs once Cleaver drops, mind. But right now? Nah, not really that amazing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Admoon posted:

If you use your spells heavily you will always be out of mana as an ADC.

If you have an Essence Reaver, you can basically always refresh your mana at any critical time.

10% CDR helps with Sivir ultimate refresh/uptime as well, which is a big reason for bringing her.

One of the things that always baffles me is why ER isn't subbed more frequently for BT on ADCs that have utility ultimates. Good to see it being put into practice.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Seraph lives

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

in theory it's a pretty good item on corki as well although the bt really helps with his low auto range

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

If you have an Essence Reaver, you can basically always refresh your mana at any critical time.

10% CDR helps with Sivir ultimate refresh/uptime as well, which is a big reason for bringing her.

One of the things that always baffles me is why ER isn't subbed more frequently for BT on ADCs that have utility ultimates. Good to see it being put into practice.

Mostly because the shield is just too important. Means you can survive an rear end in a top hat tank or bruising diving you for that critical moment, especially with it having double the lifesteal of ER. It's a case of 'better if you can afford not having defenses, but who can afford it?', really.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

The stats on the item looks good, but it suprises me that he chose to rush it as a first purchase. With marksman-builds being so refined, you would think it would be placed further into the item build.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Libertine posted:

Ok your argument for utility ADCs makes some sense I'll give you that. I'll still need to see it used more often before liking it.

Also that dude that said draven, I've actually heard aphromoo say the same thing about ER on him but since I've never seen it I didn't think much of it.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Alex brought the spirit of Genja with him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

It has worse life steal and that BT shield is pretty useful for siege. I can't see losing that for some mana help.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Do you guys think the new Black Cleaver will be built on any adcs? The 20% cd reduction is pretty great on sivir for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
ER sucks balls because it scales with missing mana. It should have flat mana restore so that you can do some spell use and still have essentially full mana for fights. The way it's currently designed is to make it so you always have enough mana for 1 spell, which isn't a whole lot better than having no mana for a fight.

• Locked thread