Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Million Ghosts posted:

The Hand is such a cool Stand it's a shame how little Okuyasu does.

Well to be fair, that's excused by Okuyasu being an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

David D. Davidson posted:

Well to be fair, that's excused by Okuyasu being an idiot.

It's his whole schtick. If he weren't an idiot, he'd approach Jotaro levels of overpowered, and somehow manage to use The Hand to stop time.

Though it'd be cool if he had a Beach Boy/Pesci moment against someone and use his stand to maximum effect.(Kira? Who else did he fight against as an ally? Might have to do a re-read sometime soon)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He actually came pretty close to killing Akira before recharging him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I never got the sense that The Hand was hugely overpowered or held back by Okuyasu. Like it's a scary as hell power but Araki just never gave him fights to use it. Doesn't he only participate in like four total?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Okuyasu's larger contribution to Part 4 was being the best dumb friend anybody could ask for.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bad Seafood posted:

Okuyasu's larger contribution to Part 4 was being the best dumb friend anybody could ask for.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I never got the sense that The Hand was hugely overpowered or held back by Okuyasu.

I didn't really either, but when he fights Josuke, Josuke specifically says that The Hand would make Okuyasu a real threat if Okuyasu wasn't such an idiot. In context it might have been more a matter of Okuyasu walking into Josuke's tricks than failing to use his Stand's full potential.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 27, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The power to literally erase space is nuts but Okuyasu is too dumb/chill to make use of it. Which is why he's a great character.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

On an unrelated note, I am looking forward to Magenta Magenta's voice if the anime ever gets that far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHUChTS0tNY

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

While not the intent of it, I read Magenta Magenta as the priest from Father Ted with the extremely boring voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN7FftWNCM

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Heads up, the first ost of seasons 2 is up on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2TotmxR-e4dERBbGf6xHAjsmDG1zzAzG

Edit: I think some of these haven't been on the anime yet.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 29, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think one or two are for later in the D'Arby fight.

The album is okay, but I hope you like the Stardust Crusaders leit motif because it's like 70% of the album.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's the bonus ost they give with the first dvd/bluray. The proper soundtrack is coming out next month, I think.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 8 is pretty cool so far! I'm enjoying the mystery, but it's bumming me out that there's no answers for most of this stuff yet. I've only read the first three volumes, trying to squeeze all the length out of it I can before I'm out of JoJo. I'm still not sure of how I feel about Josuke as a protagonist since it's kinda hard to get a read on his personality, but they've done some good jokes with him so I dig him. The Higashikatas are bunch of weirdos.

Despite it being over twenty years later and a totally different universe, it's nice to be back in Morioh. Maybe I just like one consistent setting. I'm also stupidly charmed by them using modern technology for some reason. The Higshikatas have a really modern house, Josuke has a smartphone, takes pictures with it and texts them to Yasuho and uses a GPS to get around. I'm really interested to see where all this is going.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I heard that someone in Part VIII has a Stand that is basically Google?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I heard that someone in Part VIII has a Stand that is basically Google?
I'm not sure about that, but from what I last read, Josuke is very sure this GPS he's using is a Stand. It stopped giving directions to his destination and started giving him directions on how to dodge another Stand that was chasing him.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Yeah, it's Google and also a CSI Cyber-level hacker and also it has the power to alter reality.

JoJolion is nuts and I love it.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I wonder if David will change the song Joseph listens to at the end. Unless they have hoards of money to get a Beatles song.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I might be talking out of my rear end here, but it may actually be easier to get a Beatles song in Japan. One of my friends is a DJ for a station that plays Japanese and Korean music, and it's something about having to get the license through royalty companies as opposed to record labels. I can ask him for more detail on the process.

I asked him.

quote:

It's all the same, really

Oh.

quote:

Japan uses the same general music system we do, there's just fewer of them. Fewer labels, I mean. Beatles is tough as poo poo. Beatles rights aren't owned by a record company. It's owned by the Beatles themselves. However, covering The Beatles isn't hard. BECK Mongolian Chop Squad had a Beatles cover in it. But they have to pay royalties on every time that track is sold. Its probably easier to get the rights to a Beatles song in Japan. But I think even the dub of BECK replaced the cover.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 29, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm just waiting for Paisley Park to get a proper explanation. The whole "two random choices" thing is ambiguous/not useful at first glance, and choosing one doesn't seem to entirely close off the other. Glad it finally showed some punchghost ability, most Stands just using passive abilities started to bother me.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

dogsicle posted:

I'm just waiting for Paisley Park to get a proper explanation. The whole "two random choices" thing is ambiguous/not useful at first glance, and choosing one doesn't seem to entirely close off the other. Glad it finally showed some punchghost ability, most Stands just using passive abilities started to bother me.

I think the idea is that all Stands who can manifest as a punchghost can punchghost, but their other abilities might be more useful and powerful. Magician's Red could probably throw a punch, but what's the point when you can breathe fire?

JoJolion will probably have more direct confrontations later on, but we're still in the process of everyone feeling out each other's powers.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 29, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Araki said™* once that Hermit Purple could theoretically have a full form.

I'd like to see it, fan art or official if he randomly decided to draw it.

*- No source, naturally.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Araki seems to say a lot of things.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we don't even know who the main antagonist of jojolion is yet, so once that's established i'm sure that things will get a bit more physical. we don't even know who josuke's other half is, yet, and i'm sure that'll be important info.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

He has very intense feelings on climbing trees.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

we don't even know who the main antagonist of jojolion is yet, so once that's established i'm sure that things will get a bit more physical. we don't even know who josuke's other half is, yet, and i'm sure that'll be important info.

Yeah, I mean we haven't even seen a guy with a bone chainsaw stand yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I think the idea is that all Stands who can manifest as a punchghost can punchghost, but their other abilities might be more useful and powerful. Magician's Red could probably throw a punch, but what's the point when you can breathe fire?

JoJolion will probably have more direct confrontations later on, but we're still in the process of everyone feeling out each other's powers.

Yeah I was mostly referring to JJL, where the fights haven't really gotten physical but we've seen humanoid Stands. Like I'm unsure whether to expect King Nothing to ever get physical, but I did for Paisley and NKC and the former just happened. Gappy is the only one to really fight so far, which explains away my complaints anyway.

More than anything I think it comes from finally reading JoJo weekly monthly and not really knowing how long the arc is or even where the story is going. The good stuff about JJL is rooted in that mystery and ambiguity though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I feel like there have been little hints that the other half might be Johnny Joestar, which means it will probably not be Johnny Joestar and will be someone entirely different

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fiend Computer posted:

Yeah, I mean we haven't even seen a guy with a bone chainsaw stand yet.

Finally, someone who will make Gappy feel inadequate.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.

Waffleman_ posted:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Plus there's still the weird vampire bites that haven't come up since the very beginning.

The latest chapter had me going because I thought that we'd finally see Jobin react to his own son working against him and find out what his intentions, but nope that was a bus :downs:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

MachuPikacchu posted:

Yeah, it's Google and also a CSI Cyber-level hacker and also it has the power to alter reality.

JoJolion is nuts and I love it.

Also from last chapter now a punch ghost.

I had this theory/feeling Paisely Park is going to be the main villain, guiding everyone into some sort of end game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Broseph Brostar posted:

Plus there's still the weird vampire bites that haven't come up since the very beginning.
This is disappointing since I was kinda focusing on the bite marks in any speculation I did. Yasuho and Joshuu got one and then later developed Stands, yet Daiya mentions playing around the fault lines as a kid and getting a Stand, but nothing about bite marks.

What the gently caress is up with Wall Eyes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I really want Paper Moon to get an awesome punchghost form too, assuming Tsurugi isn't killed off.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Why is Dio naked?" "Because he wants to show off his beautiful body."

There needs to be a version of this video with Hol Horse and Dio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ba9_jaN7EA

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Because he wants to show off *Jonathan's beautiful body.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Because he wants to show off *Jonathan's beautiful body.
Part 1 Dio, so it's still his bod.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Heads up, the first ost of seasons 2 is up on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2TotmxR-e4dERBbGf6xHAjsmDG1zzAzG

Edit: I think some of these haven't been on the anime yet.

Track 14 is still dopest piece of the whole show so far.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am not ready for people to start dying next friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pomp posted:

I am not ready for people to start dying next friday.

i love blood

• Locked thread