Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i don't understand why we even have election days tbh. ballots should be open for a week or even a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Necc0 posted:

it still blows my mind that an empire with the world socially, culturally, economically, militarily, etc under its thumb is significantly swayed by states with nothing more than dirt fields and angry shithead dirt farmers.

california isn't an empire though

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Necc0 posted:

i don't understand why we even have election days tbh. ballots should be open for a week or even a month

agreed

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

gerrymandering and vote suppression work great at a local level.

the GOP might have secured that permanent majority.

gerrymandering and vote suppression won't buy you a presidency.

the democrats have 239 out of the needed 270 electoral votes right out the gate. a democratic candidate can carry just one swing state and win an election

a republican candidate has to take every swing state.

:911:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

yeah, this

having permanently divided government is cruisin for a bruisin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
america sure cares a lot about elections

just do what canada does and elect whoever and spend the next decade complaining about them

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

yeah, but who

elizabeth warren

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

syscall girl posted:

elizabeth warren

the one person who makes mitt romney look charismatic

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

the one person who makes mitt romney look charismatic

you know i wasn't serious, right?

moveon.org just will not shut up about her

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah, this

having permanently divided government is cruisin for a bruisin

if a war with russia or china ever breaks out i completely expect the us to lose simply because the republicans will use a war appropriations bill as an excuse to start another budgetary pissing match

to paraphrase armageddon the greatest empire in history is in the hands of a bunch of retards i wouldn't trust with a potato gun

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Forums Terrorist posted:

if a war with russia or china ever breaks out i completely expect the us to lose simply because the republicans will use a war appropriations bill as an excuse to start another budgetary pissing match

nah they love warin' too much they'd be totally behind the "Fighting the Dirty Communist Bastard Bear and Restoring Freedom Through Glorious F-35 Nuclear Freedom Fire [Also We Have War Powers To Search And Seize Without Warrants Now]" bill all the way. in fact they'd probably make a big deal about not using big enough thermonuclear weapons to make sure not a single particle of communism remains.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

nah they love warin' too much they'd be totally behind the "Fighting the Dirty Communist Bastard Bear and Restoring Freedom Through Glorious F-35 Nuclear Freedom Fire [Also We Have War Powers To Search And Seize Without Warrants Now]" bill all the way. in fact they'd probably make a big deal about not using big enough thermonuclear weapons to make sure not a single particle of communism remains.

they would attach a rider banning all public sector unions.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Shifty Pony posted:

they would attach a rider banning all public sector unions.

actually there's a significant faction of budgetary extremists in the gop now who hate defense because DEFICITS

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/republicans-budget-116095.html

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Luigi Thirty posted:

that just means they'll do it better next time

related computers post

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://elections.virginia.gov/WebDocs/VotingEquipReport/WINVote-final.pdf
Virginia detected weird errors on some of their voting machines, instituted a security review and found out that they're bad
* ad-hoc wifi using WEP with the password "abcde"
* appear to be running Windows XP Embedded 2002 with no service packs or updates, supposedly vulnerable to things patched in 2004
* administrator account password is "admin"
* rdp enabled, admin shares enabled
* vote database is MS Access, unencrypted, with an open-password of "shoup" (cracked in 10 seconds)
* tries to protect votes from compromise during voting process, but has no protection to stop modification of vote database

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
That and a product name like "AccuVote" inspires about as much confidence as "DefinitelyArsenicFree Beef"

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

even that I find less concerning than the presidents of voting machine companies promising republicans they'll deliver swing states to them

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Elder Postsman posted:

related computers post

this wouldn't have happened if they'd used the blockchain

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Finally. A website that makes coming up with the next big ~disruption~ a snap.

(my favorites)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

owns

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nagato posted:

i just realized that its entirely possible hillary clinton could get elected then get booted out after one term

lol that would be a great highlight of an empire falling into ruins. she could go down in history as the Sulla of America

what empire

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also the comparison to sulla makes absolutely no historical sense

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

or did you, like, skim the wikiepedia entry for sulla after looking at the entry for "fall of rome"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

california isn't an empire though

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

http://tiffzhang.com/startup/index.html?s=84713913267

:jackbud:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Strokeit is the Facebook of stroking.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

http://tiffzhang.com/startup/index.html?s=733697248157

You like to reproduce. Reproducer does too.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

:golfclap:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

duTrieux. posted:

also the comparison to sulla makes absolutely no historical sense

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

this is the new fuckedcompany.com

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ballme is a brave ball service that makes it easy to turn your balls into cash.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Apr 7, 2003

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2914737/careers/everest-avalanche-kills-privacy-focused-google-engineer-dan-fredinburg.html

:tinhat:

Apr 7, 2003

Fredinburg, who listed his title as Google Adventurer on his LinkedIn profile, died from a major head injury, according to a post by his sister Megan on Instagram in which she said "his soul and spirit will live on in so many of us."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rich white guy flies around world to be led up mountain by brown people and dies from natural disaster. what a shame.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

idiot

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you climb everest you pretty much deserve to die

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
climbing everest is the kind of thing you do once you've given up on life.

Usually you start with golf, then move on to riding roadbikes and wearing spandex, and then eventually you make your way to climbing everest around the time you're an early 40s washed up has-been with a couple divorces and teenaged kids who won't talk to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Wild EEPROM posted:

climbing everest is the kind of thing you do once you've given up on life.

Usually you start with golf, then move on to riding roadbikes and wearing spandex, and then eventually you make your way to climbing everest around the time you're an early 40s washed up has-been with a couple divorces and teenaged kids who won't talk to you

i think you can either do everest or take up the selfless humanitarianism taking selfies with africans track. i think the best bet is to just do everest because if you die you're doing way more good than you ever would in africa

• Locked thread