Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

FATALITY

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
\___

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
\___

I have to return some wallet funds.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

\___

Gabe turned Republican.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

i would not pay for a mod but that hasn't stopped me from putting my horse vagina mods on sale on steam. its a dog eat dog world for modders and only the ruthless survive. i will be making serious bank while the competition waste all their money buying eachothers mods......

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Soral posted:

i would not pay for a mod but that hasn't stopped me from putting my horse vagina mods on sale on steam. its a dog eat dog world for modders and only the ruthless survive. i will be making serious bank while the competition waste all their money buying eachothers mods......

Mr. McGuire: I just want to say two words to you. Just two words.

Benjamin: Yes, sir.

Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?

Benjamin: Yes, I am.

Mr. McGuire: Horse Vaginas.

Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Paid Mods Are Epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How easy is it to make a Skyrim mod that will 100% crash the game without fail? It's for a project.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

How easy is it to make a Skyrim mod that will 100% crash the game without fail? It's for a project.

Really easy and you can embed it in something that appears to work well until you want it to gently caress up.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Really easy and you can embed it in something that appears to work well until you want it to gently caress up.

I've got some research to do tonight.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I've got some research to do tonight.

Make sure to "borrow" assets from people's mods that are already up on the Nexus. If you want to see some incredibly petty poo poo that's a good way to instigate it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Make sure to "borrow" assets from people's mods that are already up on the Nexus. If you want to see some incredibly petty poo poo that's a good way to instigate it.

All I want to do is make a pay what you want Uninstall Mod, unless someone already has.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

All I want to do is make a pay what you want Uninstall Mod, unless someone already has.

The Uninstall Mod would be the best mod.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Still actively lolin at this

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Whenever the poo poo hits the fan in the gaming world, you can count on two people to lose their marbles: Francis and Adolf Hitler.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The one barrier that was truly holding PC gaming back is now up again http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The one barrier that was truly holding PC gaming back is now up again http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

motherfucking pwned

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:rip:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
rule #1... dont gently caress with skyrim modders
rule #2... there are no rules

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I guess I can stop installing Skyrim and its mod tools. Shame, I bet I would have made a killing on selling The Uninstall Mod for $0.99

Dec 26, 2012

surc
Aug 17, 2004

To help you understand why we thought this was a good idea, our main goals were to allow mod makers the opportunity to work on their mods full time if they wanted to, and to encourage developers to provide better support to their mod communities. We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

surc posted:

To help you understand why we thought this was a good idea, our main goals were to allow mod makers the opportunity to work on their mods full time if they wanted to, and to encourage developers to provide better support to their mod communities. We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

"We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing."

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

"We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing."

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Well you see, we wanted everything to be great for everybody but I guess THAT WAS JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK. THANKS, GAMERS.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

surc
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

also the first two examples of DOTA and CS are games that were free for like a decade and were heralded as the best at their specific thing for most of that time before they got gobbled up.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Good bloody riddance.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

surc posted:

also the first two examples of DOTA and CS are games that were free for like a decade and were heralded as the best at their specific thing for most of that time before they got gobbled up.

DOTA 2 and CS Are still epic

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry, I didn't mean they were not, just that their examples are things that don't have any legit competition so when they started being charged for there wasn't really anything else to do, and they're good enough that like sure, I'll pay some smackers.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A day long remembered and a great victory to celebrate.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Valve did the right thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

"Now that you've backed a dump truck of feedback onto our inboxes, we'll be chewing through that, but if you have any further thoughts let us know."

lookit that passive aggressive butthurt

• Locked thread