Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rorus Raz posted:

Referring to black people as apes is generally a lovely awful thing to do. It's entirely possible Muir made up "yard apes" because I don't up on the latest in racist lingo, but the gist of what he's saying still applies.

My grandma said yard apes and she was racist as poo poo, if this is an incorrect metric please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Since people like them, I thought I mention that there's a new Sleeper Ave. up, although it's not exactly political

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

kalven posted:

Best: Ruben Bolling, maybe not the most consistant but his best ones are above all the others.

Worst: Chris Muir, I have to admit i always looks forward to his updates the most. Its like a psychedelic trip to the underbelly of the conservative hive mind.
Some of you can't follow basic instructions

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mister Beeg posted:

Since people like them, I thought I mention that there's a new Sleeper Ave. up, although it's not exactly political
His all-white school looks plenty political to me now :saddowns:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My grandma said yard apes and she was racist as poo poo, if this is an incorrect metric please let me know.
I think we can put this one to bed.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

"You can be a terrible drawer, and still convey the story that you wanna convey"
Well now we know what philosophy drives the Chris Muirs and Ted Ralls of the world.
Ahahaha - this vid has a bunch of his cartoons and some are LF as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgoYAlOlR8

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 27, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

"You can be a terrible drawer, and still convey the story that you wanna convey"
Well now we know what philosophy drives the Chris Muirs and Ted Ralls of the world.
Ahahaha - this vid has a bunch of his cartoons and some are LF as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgoYAlOlR8

I'm really enjoying knowing that those crayon doodles are all composed on a nice wooden writing desk.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mister Beeg posted:

It's clearly a commentary on how to not use crosshatching in political cartoons.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

This is it, nothing can be better than this. Political Cartoons 2015: VIOLENT ANAL SEX, A Modest Satire

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So Stuart Lee isn't just doing a gimmick but rather is the left wing Snafu Toons?

But who is our Hope n' Change? Photoshopping google image search to make corny jokes and-

My god...

Bad Reporter

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

This is a level beyond "referring to my political opponents as Santa Claus and Robin Hood". I call it "my enemies are literally Moses and Jesus. And the minority I despise are the chosen people being led into the promised land".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spoeank posted:

She's... too qualified? :confused:

Now watch him spin on a dime and make a cartoon saying she's unqualified for the role and will only get votes because she's a woman.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bruise Jenner. Classy.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

legitimately funny.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

So Tinsley's Hillary is going to be a racist caricature of Kim Jong Un, or maybe his dad. Okay then.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

So Tinsley's Hillary is going to be a racist caricature of Kim Jong Un, or maybe his dad. Okay then.

She's slowly transforming into the rabbit from Prickly City.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Carlos Latuff is the best cartoonist. All the other ones are bad, except maybe Marty Two Bulls.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Indonesia are going ahead with the execution of two convicted Australian drug smugglers, as early as the middle of this week. One of them paints.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Shadeoses posted:

It's clearly a commentary on how to not use crosshatching in political cartoons.

As an artist, I can relate to Ed here. I would be tempted to add details to drawings, which would just end up ruining it. Haaah

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No speedo. Boooooo.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Zetsubou-san posted:

Indonesia are going ahead with the execution of two convicted Australian drug smugglers, as early as the middle of this week. One of them paints.

:drat:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Actually Pope is also good, as well as Rowson and Bell.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
MissEchelon it occurs to me that your art style would lend itself pretty well to politoonage

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

razorrozar posted:

MissEchelon it occurs to me that your art style would lend itself pretty well to politoonage

:iceburn:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mister Beeg posted:

As an artist, I can relate to Ed here. I would be tempted to add details to drawings, which would just end up ruining it. Haaah

I am ruining a drawing with excessive crosshatching as I post

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Best: Cabu, Charb, Honoré, Tignous, Wolinski

Worst: Sorensen, Trudeau

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cat Mattress posted:

way to recommend dead people smh

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Not intentionally, she'd do better caricatures than most artists in this thread

(ok maybe I just wanna see Mr. Prog dispensing political discourse)

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

V. Illych L. posted:

way to recommend dead people smh

Less controversial than doing it in reverse order.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Mister Beeg posted:

Sleeper Ave is amazing. Even the non political ones are funny and/or interesting. I liked the one where he describes the first time he saw Wizard of Oz.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bikes also need to stop weaving between cars, riding in between lanes, ignoring stop signs and lights, biking in the wrong direction of the lane, making illegal turns, and cutting off cars. I'm pro-bike lanes and riding bikes but at least where I live bike riders are frequently huge assholes that ignore traffic laws all the time and endanger themselves a lot more than I've seen cars be jerks to them.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I hate all car people, so I suppose I'm pro-bike by default, even if they're annoying. :shrug:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cat Mattress posted:

The only good political cartoonist is a dead political cartoonist?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Radish posted:

Bikes also need to stop weaving between cars, riding in between lanes, ignoring stop signs and lights, biking in the wrong direction of the lane, making illegal turns, and cutting off cars. I'm pro-bike lanes and riding bikes but at least where I live bike riders are frequently huge assholes that ignore traffic laws all the time and endanger themselves a lot more than I've seen cars be jerks to them.

Do you drive a car? Congratulations, it's confirmation bias.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

razorrozar posted:

Bruise Jenner. Classy.

Eh, that one is probably just a reference to the whole girls bruising their faces trying to get the Kylie Jenner lips as opposed to some kind of slam against Bruce. I mean, I hate to give these cartoonists the benefit of the doubt, but that's all that really fits.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

StealthArcher posted:

Do you drive a car? Congratulations, it's confirmation bias.

I drive a car, walk, metro, and use bike shares depending on where I'm going. Lots of people are assholes when they commute and I've seen cars almost kill bicyclists and people using crosswalks; it's just annoying when bike proponents characterize them as innocent victims when they can be (and often are) jerks too.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Jedit posted:

The only good political cartoonist is a dead political cartoonist?

All cartoonists are dead inside so partly true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Clinton has a lot of job experience. AGC.

• Locked thread