Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Richard is the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Anatharon posted:

Richard is the player.

"Wish we'd met under better circumstances"... *I* wish the soldier levels were better... you may have something!

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.

Anatharon posted:

Richard is the player.

:aaaaa:

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Just as a reminder, today at around whenever I feel like is the end of the Hotline Miami Fan-art thingy, in which you can win a free copy of bloodbath kavkaz.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Just as a reminder, today at around whenever I feel like is the end of the Hotline Miami Fan-art thingy, in which you can win a free copy of bloodbath kavkaz.

Here you go:

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
11/10.

Never have I ever seen a single more representative picture of the human experience.

I cried. I laughed. I had an involuntary bowel movement.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

MONKET posted:

Either that, or he means he's literally something none of us will ever understand, and he's some sort of mystery David Lynchian figure that will never be explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Richard says he's the opposite reason to why the writer was making his book. The writer makes his book because he wants to find out something, seek closure and justify his neglect of his family. Richard mocks the desire for closure and instead questions why they're doing the things they are. The only person he says is good is Richter, because he takes responsibility for his actions.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Whoah jeez, I totally got caught up in other stuff and forgot to give winners.

Since only three people submitted stuff, I suppose those three people win.

MONKET, CJacobs, and whoever the hell did UIApplication's FI, send me a PM with your steamname, I'll get you the game.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

Richard says he's the opposite reason to why the writer was making his book. The writer makes his book because he wants to find out something, seek closure and justify his neglect of his family. Richard mocks the desire for closure and instead questions why they're doing the things they are. The only person he says is good is Richter, because he takes responsibility for his actions.

I think this is why he's regretful about Beard. Yes, he's referring to Jacket being what spawned Richard as a personification of death, but also, Beard never really did anything to deserve what happened to him. Yes, he killed people, but it was a war. Russians were invading Hawaii. He was just following orders. For all intents and purposes, he's an innocent who happened to get caught up in a random act of violence. That, to me, was why Richard seemed regretful about Beard's death.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MONKET, CJacobs, and whoever the hell did UIApplication's FI, send me a PM with your steamname, I'll get you the game.

posting to show the beautiful av

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I hope the level editor lets us make horrifying trippy poo poo like Apocalypse and not just regular levels, I want a whole game like that

Yeah, a whole game like Apocalypse would be really cool and original.

Its actually something I've been wanting for awhile, inspired originally by the "touch fuzzy, get dizzy" level in super mario yoshi's island.

I'm fiddling around with the same kinda unreliable-narrator and trippy visuals in a little game I'm working on, but HM2 did it really well on Apocalypse.

It'd be great if the level editor lets us make levels like that, but I doubt it. Then again its probably mostly just a flag so maybe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If there's a "holy poo poo what the gently caress am I playing :catdrugs:" flag in the editor that lets us make Apocalypse-style levels my allegiance to Dennaton will be undying. That goddamn level, Jesus loving christ. Probably my favorite final level in any game ever. :stare:

Also, I honestly really like the way the first game fits together now. Basically, Jacket's story is like an 80s action movie with a really depressing twist.

As this game reveals, Jacket was a soldier in the war between America and Russia, in Beard's spec ops unit. Beard saved his life at the end, but Jacket was never able to pay back the debt (symbolized by the photo) because of the nuke on San Francisco.

So Jacket gets pissed. Jacket stews in his anger until the first phone call comes in and the Richard mask with it. He assumes that this is an unknown benefactor telling him the Russian Mob manipulated things, and the first game from that point on is Jacket going on a shitwrecking rampage trying to avenge Beard's death; when he kills the Russian mafia boss, he burns the photo, the debt seemingly repaid.

The problem is, Jacket was completely mistaken. He was being manipulated by the people who actually were responsible, 50 Blessings, and ends up failing to stop anything and gets vaporized sitting in a prison cell.

It's like a Schwarzenegger movie that just abruptly gets sad as poo poo in the last 5 minutes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's like a Schwarzenegger movie that just abruptly gets sad as poo poo in the last 5 minutes.

Total Recall? Maybe not sad as poo poo but it at least gets mind-fucky as hell.

But yeah it definitely has a sorta Rambo / Commando thing going on.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Jacket stuff

I really love how this game shed an entirely new light on Jacket. In the first game we all assumed he was just a psychopath, desperately murdering Russian folk because his answering machine and mental illness rooster horse owls tell him to. But after going through HM2, he becomes this broken, lonely, almost sympathetic war vet. Good comparison with Rambo.

yeeeessssssssssssssssss

Douk Douk fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 27, 2015

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

MONKET posted:

broken, lonely, almost sympathetic war vet.
Yeah, that's less fun though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah, that's less fun though.

It's not like it makes the gameplay any less fun you sperg

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not like it makes the gameplay any less fun you sperg
OK.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I didn't do anything! Also, I already own the game!

edit: Just kidding I don't own Bloodbath Kavaz but boy could you imagine. Really though I don't know what I did to warrant inclusion in this post so I'll assume it was a mistake.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

MONKET posted:

I really love how this game shed an entirely new light on Jacket. In the first game we all assumed he was just a psychopath, desperately murdering Russian folk because his answering machine and mental illness rooster horse owls tell him to. But after going through HM2, he becomes this broken, lonely, almost sympathetic war vet. Good comparison with Rambo.

This things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

CJacobs posted:

I didn't do anything! Also, I already own the game!

edit: Just kidding I don't own Bloodbath Kavaz but boy could you imagine. Really though I don't know what I did to warrant inclusion in this post so I'll assume it was a mistake.

You posted a neat fanart of a Manny Pardo movie.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh yeah I remember posting that now. That was a good one. That said, I'm okay with not owning Bloodbath Kavaz so thanks but no thanks anyway.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Not even for the sake of science?

:<

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

whoever the hell did UIApplication's FI, send me a PM with your steamname, I'll get you the game.

e: hahahaha YES

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 28, 2015

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
http://www.twitch.tv/civilian_applications

If any of you were curious to see what horrors await those who play Bloodbath Kavkaz....

Stream done.

fishception fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 28, 2015

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

MY DICK IS LINED WITH EXPLOSIVES

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Vlad the Retailer posted:

MY DICK IS LINED WITH EXPLOSIVES

What the gently caress am I missing with Kavkaz

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If that guy doesn't want Bloodbath Kavkaz I'll take his copy. I can post a picture of my Jacket halloween costume if you need something that I made that was Hotline Miami related.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

widespread posted:

What the gently caress am I missing with Kavkaz

well

uh

incredibly floaty walking, to the point where it's possible to overshoot doors and slam into walls unless you are careful

a Hawaii level that gives you a flamethrower in order to collect bottles

that ululation sample playing constantly throughout the game, to remind you in case you should happen to forget that it is incredibly racist

a kick button that can be held down, turning your right foot into a machine capable of mulching russians and doors alike into a fine mist, like the Tony mask except instantly obliterating things on touch

the "carry woman to car" sequence from Decadence, except with Natalia Poklonskaya and a sex scene

masks including a paper bag (gives you a shotgun), a beanie cap (slomo), and the "Deal With It" glasses (makes everything go black and white)

a soundtrack ranging from the aggressively unlistenably Eastern European to the strangely good, like, tracks that wouldn't have been out of place in HLM

I think I got about a third in. It is an experience, for sure

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Vlad the Retailer posted:

I think I got about a third in. It is an experience, for sure

So basically it's a train wreck masterpiece from Russia with love.

If it doesn't have one Apocalypse-esque level, though, I will be disappoint.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I think it actually has one of those. Right after you beat the Hairy Cherry level, and it ends up being a psychedelic helltrip.

This doesn't stop this game, however, from being an awesome awful game.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Would you recommend Bloodbath Kavkaz to your friends

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

Would you recommend Bloodbath Kavkaz to your friends

Do you like hurting other people?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I think it actually has one of those. Right after you beat the Hairy Cherry level, and it ends up being a psychedelic helltrip.

This doesn't stop this game, however, from being an awesome awful game.

... I was kidding about that. Holy gently caress, Kavkaz just sounds... yeah, I need to try it.
Knew the comic sans on the title card was signaling something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I am going to buy Kavkaz as soon as it goes on sale. Even that can't get me to pay full price on Steam... but it's close.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Since CJacobs doesn't want it, whoever posts the next fanart thingy of Hotline Miami gets the last copy.

Gogogogogogo.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does it have to be good art. I drew you a picture of Richard. He's fighting a mobster.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
He's crying because of the futility of the cycle of violence he is trapped in

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Beautiful. PM me your Steam Account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Beautiful. PM me your Steam Account.

Thank you, i've really wanted to experience Bloodbath Kavkaz for myself, so i really appreciate it. :)

• Locked thread