Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

i'll give it a shot next time i attempt the daught of cosmos

I'm gonna fight her now and apparently you can aim for the head and do ultra damage

edit: 1400 in one shot isn't too shabby

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Real hurthling! posted:

if you don't have the cannon yet you're playing wrong. holy poo poo i love popping a pellet and doing a 1/4 bar+ worth of damage to basically any boss.

they nerfed it to where it takes 12 bullets instead of ten. :(

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

micolash fight is so good jesus

i didn't hate the fight but thought it was insanely trivial. especially once you realise the beast roar thing interrupts him in the second phase so you just beat him to death while he does nothing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
can u play a mage style build in this? i picked up a bunch of stuff that has big arcane requirements

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i guess theyre sort of like spells?>

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i guess theyre sort of like spells?>

there are fewer and they come later in the game than spells but it's feasible, because you can get arcane scaling weapons to bolster your arsenal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

they nerfed it to where it takes 12 bullets instead of ten. :(

yeah there's a run that gives you +4 QSB to compensate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

upper cathedral ward is cool and scarey

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
is there an in-lore reason for why so many hunters attack you on sight? like is it a father gascoigne thing where they just went insane or are most hunters just assholes?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Neurosis posted:

i didn't hate the fight but thought it was insanely trivial. especially once you realise the beast roar thing interrupts him in the second phase so you just beat him to death while he does nothing.

i completely understand that, i was just referring to the whole atmosphere of the fight. Chasing a madman around a fog-laden library in a nightmare while he hoots and hollers about eyes in his brain was very spooky and cool, to me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

NickRoweFillea posted:

i completely understand that, i was just referring to the whole atmosphere of the fight. Chasing a madman around a fog-laden library in a nightmare while he hoots and hollers about eyes in his brain was very spooky and cool, to me

hell yea

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
beat the daughter finally felt loving awesome

got the real final boss fight

kinda sucks that I gotta beat the game 3 times for trophies but it will happen anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

kinda sucks that I gotta beat the game 3 times for trophies but it will happen anyway

Im going to beat it 20 times

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im going to play nothing else until mgs5 comes out in September

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well... i might play scholar of the first sin to, now that i have a ps4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Im going to play nothing else until mgs5 comes out in September

I need to plat ground zeroes at some point bc it will apparently unlock crap for MGSV if you have a 100% GZ save

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

well... i might play scholar of the first sin to, now that i have a ps4.

Its so slow going to it from bloodborne but the improvements they made are really good and the dlc zones are loving awesome

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

Im going to beat it 20 times

hell yea

Dec 26, 2012

i beat the gank squad. turns out their ai doesnt like staying grouped up once you lead them outside the chapel and around corners

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i was never able to break them up into individuals and would always get two but then it turns out they have real trouble getting through doors

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i haven't gotten time to sit down and play this for hours yet ;_; but i'm loving every minute of it. i try out new weapons by running the central yarnham > bridge lamps, and each time i do it (even fighting early level mobs) it's still incredibly fun

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

Agreed, the Micolash fight owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

also on my second run through he had a totally different pattern outside of the fights, so that's either randomized or I got hit with the memory bug in my first file

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

also on my second run through he had a totally different pattern outside of the fights, so that's either randomized or I got hit with the memory bug in my first file

He runs directly away from you so its actually possible to cheese by running him in a loop and smacking him once each time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

He runs directly away from you so its actually possible to cheese by running him in a loop and smacking him once each time

This is what happened this time. In my first game no matter what direction I came from he made an immediate beeline for the arena and ran there without stopping

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im playing a str build and ive only found 3 weapons i can use so far (kirkhammer, axe i started with, and wheel) and i just beat micolash QQ

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i mean i can use all of them, btu those are the ones with good scaling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wheel is the only weapon in the game that gets to S rank STR scaling, if you're looking for biggest bang for your buck.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i think the wet nurse was a cool boss but a pretty easy fight; i only died because I rolled directly into that one wind up uppercut slash like an idiot

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
:agreed:

the phase where the ninja poo poo happens was really cool, but ultimately its pretty low threat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

as with most fights in the last half it looks really cool but is pretty straight forward

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
has anyone beat all the chalice dungeons yet. is it worth going through all of them. as in , is tere even a single thing in the later ones that i wont see in the main game, like a hidden superboss, or a chalice dungeon only weapon or something. i got an "uncanny saw cleaver" from one of my root chalices but the only thing different is the gem slots

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like i know theres secret bosses in the early ones, but do they start reusing old bosses eventually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

like i know theres secret bosses in the early ones, but do they start reusing old bosses eventually

Yes, and there is a super boss at the end. I haven't done all of it (I got a little bored after 3 of them) but I'm going to start doing all that soon because the last boss has a trophy for beating it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hubris.height posted:

If you copy your save file to a USB stick before the final boss fight, you can beat the game, then copy your save over and then redo it twice to get all 3 trophies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's cheating.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

seiferguy posted:

If you copy your save file to a USB stick before the final boss fight, you can beat the game, then copy your save over and then redo it twice to get all 3 trophies.

#gamechanger

already ate the baby parts and told an old man to gently caress off so its too late for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The cannon obliterates Celestial Emissary

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The cannon obliterates Celestial Emissary

A stiff breeze obliterates Celestial Emissary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008