Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Well they sure got the part about the faxes right. Seriously, they still send stuff by fax in Japan.

The subtlest "Japan will own America" set dressing detail in that scene is that Fujitsu is five years younger than Marty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Antti posted:

Or you only ever watched dubbed movies as a kid and always played video games with localization on.

Welcome to Germany!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Perry, humbled from 2012, is basically Moses you guys.

quote:

“I’m kind of a good example of somebody who got a second chance,” he said. “You look at our Biblical history. We have flawed characters. Moses was incredibly afraid of public speaking, but he led the people to the Promised Land. David was a man after God’s own heart but he failed because of temptation. [Faith eventually led him back to God.] Paul was given that second chance. This is a man who was a professional persecutor of Christians, but on that road to Damascus he was given a second chance.”

“America is a country of second chances,” he added. “I think America is ready for a second chance right now.”

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

By that logic, he wins the election and then dies, having his VP take over in time for the inauguration.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

He is.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

well i guess i'll mark the spot for the first time i had to read "full throated" for the 2016 season

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

computer parts posted:

Welcome to Germany!

Lass uns spielen! Wait, that's not how they say it...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Guess we know Perry's stance on climate change.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Did Moses forget about the third tablet?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Ego-bot posted:

Did Moses forget about the third tablet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hr8HhDv0

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

vintagepurple posted:

Or aren't from the developed world.

It was in the context of consuming English-speaking media, but you're not wrong of course.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Joementum posted:

Rick Perry is a schizophrenic man who will take orders from a bush, lead his followers against the government before escaping into the desert where he will impose rules he claims are divinely inspired and kill off dissenters, proclaiming their deaths are the will of God.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rincewinds posted:

Rick Perry is a schizophrenic man who has taken orders from a Bush

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah sounds like the ideal nominee for the GOP.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Perry might be Moses, but it looks like Donald Trump is the Messiah. Big, if true.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

This is going to be an amazing primary, isn't it? :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Rand Paul's filibuster was all for naught :ohdear:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-paul-fox-news-defends-drones

quote:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) defended the use of drones on "Fox & Friends" on Monday amid the fallout of a strike in Pakistan that killed two hostages, including an American.

"I do think there is a valuable use for drones," he said. "As much as I'm seen as this opponent of drones, I think in military and in warfare they do have some value."

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I guess those hostages must have robbed a liquor store or something.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Rick Perry might be Moses, but it looks like Donald Trump is the Messiah. Big, if true.

YA GONNA SEE THE TRUMP TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM BY THA END OF MY FIRST TERM ITLL BE YOOGE

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm okay with Trump 2016 if it means he can give highly-regarded financial advice to Israel.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AsInHowe posted:

Tyson isn't running, but Pigeon is running, Pigeon's polling 4th in Nevada

Well he's an ex-Raider so people are familiar with him already

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

this changes everything

new york will go republican

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

But has he taken any orders from the flaming Bush?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

But has he taken any orders from the flaming Bush?

Possibly! http://www.bettybowers.com/isbushgay.html

Seems pretty conclusive!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this changes everything

new york will go republican

He seems really engaged.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Chrpno posted:

Professional shithead meets.... semi-professional shithead? You both deserve each other

They are playing with FIAT CURRENCY, traitors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Maybe it would have been a good idea to watch those videos of Ted Cruz before hosting a party for him.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Unsurprising. Just y'all watch, as soon as sexual orientation becomes a protected civil right we are going to see thousands of rich, white gay men show their true colors and fully embrace conservative politics. They're just as willing stomp on the face of the poor as a rich, white straight guy.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Yeah that's going to be the norm before long. And gay marriage is pretty close to a single-issue matter for a lot of young people who might lean left but don't care enough to vote a lot of the time. If the GOP drops opposition to it there's a big emotional motivator for a lot of voters gone, so let's hope the GOP is stupid or stubborn enough to keep opposition to gay rights as part of their platform for at least the next decade.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

How are u posted:

Unsurprising. Just y'all watch, as soon as sexual orientation becomes a protected civil right we are going to see thousands of rich, white gay men show their true colors and fully embrace conservative politics. They're just as willing stomp on the face of the poor as a rich, white straight guy.

This is why I oppose same sex marriage nationwide.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Yeah that's going to be the norm before long. And gay marriage is pretty close to a single-issue matter for a lot of young people who might lean left but don't care enough to vote a lot of the time. If the GOP drops opposition to it there's a big emotional motivator for a lot of voters gone, so let's hope the GOP is stupid or stubborn enough to keep opposition to gay rights as part of their platform for at least the next decade.

They will. The bigots enjoy putting themselves into poverty to enrich imbeciles already wealthy as gently caress.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

How are u posted:

This wouldn't surprise me. Huge number of gay republicans prior to Bush Jr.+Marriage Protection Act. There's a documentary about this (aptly titled Gay Republicans) from the early 00s that talks about this large number of gay conservatives trying to reconcile their political beliefs with their political party suddenly taking a hyper-active role in saying they don't have a right to be.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

How are u posted:

I'm sure there are some but all of the self-described conservative gays (none of whom actually voted GOP) I have met have been strong social liberals would wouldn't vote for the party that calls their trans friends freaks and wants to jail pot smokers. The GOP would have to more fully embrace social liberalism to really get these people on board. Granted these are the millenial urban type of rich gays, I'm sure older or more rural ones would be more willing to go GOP.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Really? How would a large number of gay Republicans be possible, given how white evangelicals became an essential voting group in the 1980s?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

William Bear posted:

Really? How would a large number of gay Republicans be possible, given how white evangelicals became an essential voting group in the 1980s?

Rich people, who vote their semi-rational self-interest.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

William Bear posted:

Because now that the GOP can't hurt them directly they can join the fold without being pretty self-loathing like the LCR are?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Republicans wont reconcile because it would mean they cannot be oppressed by being forced to admit that gay people are human beings.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The guy who runs the Equality Center (the LGBT community center) here in town is a rich, white, extremely gay Republican man. He used to be a fairly highly-regarded figure in the GOP in the 1980s, until he came out as gay. He says they didn't even officially fire him, everyone in the party just suddenly started giving him the world's biggest cold shoulder - people stopped returning his calls, they stopped talking to him, they completely cut him the gently caress off.

In spite of this, he still votes straight-ticket Republican in every election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

William Bear posted:

Because the only thing keeping gay males from contributing more heavily to Republicans, is the Republican opposition to gay marriage.

• Locked thread