Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Watch Sony buy up Konami just like they did From Software.

I hope you're ready for 4 billion years of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Brawlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

sounds good to me

turtles on a half-shell... turtle power!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Adam Bowen posted:

When did you last play Diablo 3? The big deal now is Greater Rifts which are exactly what you're describing. They start at level 1 and currently the top players are around level 60 I think, and they can continue indefinitely.
Like a year and a half ago, so wow yeah that's new to me. I did unironically enjoy D3 so I'll give that another shot then. I tried PoE way back when to but it never grabbed me like D2 or Marvel Heroes did. Good suggestions, thanks guys.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Diablo 3 right now is insanely better than it was even when RoS came out so yeah get on it. The only real issue I have with current D3 is that the sets are so powerful that if you want to advance in Greater Rifts you're pretty much forced to stick with sets and follow their playstyle (some of which are very gimmicky) instead of just dicking around with abilities that you think are fun or cool looking. But you can always opt out of the insane progression game if you want.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
yeah i heard diablo 3 was poo poo and then they just went "oops, our bad" and fixed it right away and made it good again.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i kinda wanna try diablo but poe is free and is also really good

i still play marvel heroes occasionally but the community got bad and the devs have been loving up more than usual recently

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I'm in the same camp, I havent gotten hands-on on d3 and wasn't sure - so I never pulled the trigger. Does that poo poo even go on sale, barring key resllers? Do any of them routinely have good deals? Does Blizzard have a hardon for those keys?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Problem with Marvel Heroes is that its beyond bloated. They just keep bolting poo poo on endlessly and it makes it obnoxious to go back if you ever stop playing. Its a fun game otherwise.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Where'd that Infinite Crisis shill go to, the game seems to have crashed and burned.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hubris.height posted:

please, a moment of silence for silent hills.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Although they are still listed on the London and Tokyo stock exchange, and that delisting only applied to their pachinko division in NY, which was safer to just dump and refund shareholders than risk bad news leading to their stock going down and then being dumped.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I can't wait for another of my favorite game series to have its last entry be a Pachinko machine. (Shadow Hearts being the first.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I remember that sick-rear end animated Berserk trailer that everyone got super hyped about because there hasn't been a good Berserk game in like forever, which then turned out to be an ad for a Berserk pachinko machine.

Japaaaaannnn :argh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

I can't wait for another of my favorite game series to have its last entry be a Pachinko machine. (Shadow Hearts being the first.)
I can't find any info on this machine, did it actually get made?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't find any info on this machine, did it actually get made?
No, but I bet Konami will just crap out a pachinko machine of it in a few years time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

No, but I bet Konami will just crap out a pachinko machine of it in a few years time.
Well, the company that owns the license (Universal Entertainment Corporation) is a pachinko and gambling machine maker. They just never did anything with the SH license.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, the company that owns the license (Universal Entertainment Corporation) is a pachinko and gambling machine maker. They just never did anything with the SH license.
Sorry, I'm not being clear enough, what I mean to say is that I'm just guessing that they'll make a Silent Hill one, I know there hasn't been one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's really disappointing, I would have played the poo poo out of Yuri's Judgement Pegs. And I would have played the pachinko machine, too!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
One of the developers of Dolphin is no more
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/25/commemoration-rachel-bryk/

:( I love the emu .

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man I would love a Shadow Hearts 4 set in the 50's with a B movie aesthetic so much.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

theultimo posted:

It's really tragic what happened to her. She made some great contributions to the emulator.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

theultimo posted:

apparently she went on 4chan and said she'd been thinking of killing herself and shitposters goaded her to do it, and then she did

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's so hosed up. She was just a kid.

Excels posted:

apparently she went on 4chan and said she'd been thinking of killing herself and shitposters goaded her to do it, and then she did

Gotta get that shitposter cred up at any cost.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Excels posted:

https://archive.moe/vg/thread/99112708/#99630095

If you want to read the conversation that happened it's here. For those not familiar with 4chan or the archive, hovering over the post numbers where it says 'quoted by' will pop up peoples' responses. Quite a few of the responses were sincere concern, but there was also a lot of trolling. All of the responses after Apr 7 were made after Rachel's suicide.

edit: Apparently Rachel's ask.fm was more likely of a deciding factor because of poo poo like this. But nobody can really know for sure I guess.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 27, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

If only we could find the kind of people who - lack of understanding of what people would be going through, or that person's lack of perspective in the moment - would go to these lengths... and goad them into killing themselves.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's a good thing there aren't any goons with the combined lack of empathy, lack of perspective, and level of misanthropy to go on shooting rampages, ceaselessly harass the mentally ill, or obsessively stalk strangers for disagreeing with them on a forum

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The real message behind Hatred is that if you troll people that's what the end result will be. So you see, they have good intentions in mind.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You're steam anime surprise

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354950/

He's seen some poo poo man

In Leprechaun virtual reality land, horrifying abominations roam. Can you escape?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

https://archive.moe/vg/thread/99112708/#99630095

If you want to read the conversation that happened it's here. For those not familiar with 4chan or the archive, hovering over the post numbers where it says 'quoted by' will pop up peoples' responses. Quite a few of the responses were sincere concern, but there was also a lot of trolling. All of the responses after Apr 7 were made after Rachel's suicide.

edit: Apparently Rachel's ask.fm was more likely of a deciding factor because of poo poo like this. But nobody can really know for sure I guess.

Why the gently caress would you go to 4chan of all sites for support, especially if you're using your identity and are openly transsexual?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

You'll do a lot of things that don't make any loving sense when you're in a mental health crisis.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What game is this?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
a farcry or some mod thereof

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cardboard Box A posted:

What game is this?

FarCry 4.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmrztzTMtI

Thank you!

You may or may not win an anime surprise.

Probably not.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

Why the gently caress would you go to 4chan of all sites for support, especially if you're using your identity and are openly transsexual?

It's almost like the suicidal person.... was mentally unwell and not thinking clearly...

That said there's still a loving pro-gamergate thread in GBS so forums that live in doom houses shouldn't throw stones

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Why did activision pay for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADbyp_1NzYM

Zombies' Downfall posted:

That said there's still a loving pro-gamergate thread in GBS so forums that live in doom houses shouldn't throw stones
I don't think you understand the hellthread

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i dont understand waste processing plants but i know a torrent of poo poo goes there

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The hunter DLC re-uses the second map. Acts like you have done everything except the very final mission. has more story missions with Torvin, which owns. Also adds stealth Caragors, and projectile vomiting Graugs.

I have only played a couple missions, but so far definitely pretty awesome if only because you can stealth kill from above with the stealth caragor cousins very large distances. Also, stealth Sabretooth Tigers killing orcs everywhere you go.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah pretty much this.

I mean look at Fury and American Sniper. Both are two incredibly well done war movies even though one is more plot driven and the other is character driven.

And stories for games are mostly going to revolve around a single guy for stuff like Call of Duty because the game itself is single player and they're not really going to pour the resources into changing the story scenes to fit a co-op situation. Like the story has to fit the gameplay mechanics. Hell Dark Souls and Bloodborne are the same way because it's just you a single person who is playing through it. So everything is going to ofcourse revolve around you and what you're doing.

ACTUALLY DARK SOULS ISNT ALL ABOUT YOU, IN FACT EVERY SINGLE SANE NPC IN THE GAME DERIDES YOU AS A FOOL FOR TRYING AND TELLS YOU YOU WILL DIE LIKE THE REST. ALSO EVENTS AND NPCS GO OFF AND DO THINGS WITHOUT YOU REALISING, AND YOU HAVE TO ACTIVELY SEEK THEM OUT. THEY WILL ALSO OFTEN LIE OR SIMPLY NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE UP TO BECAUSE YOU ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL AND NOT IMPORTANT TO THEM. AND THEN EVEN EVENTS THAT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF YOUR ACTIONS THE NPCS ASSUME IS DUE TO SOMETHING ELSE AND STILL DONT THINK MUCH OF YOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I don't know why Stux posted it like that but he's right, Dark Souls (at least Demon's and DS1) is an exception to that because the NPCs make it pretty clear they have their own agendas and poo poo to do. It's only in Dark Souls 2 that they start permanently hanging around Majula just so that you don't have to go track them down to buy poo poo from them or whatever.

• Locked thread