Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Aspect Warrior stuff is all excellent and I hope none of that ever changes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope everyone gets super cheap D weapons so nobody ever brings vehicles anymore.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Didn't Games Day die, and then within a month get resurrected as Warhammer Day or something, where there are no games played, but two big stores (one GW, one FW), Forgeworld diorama tables, Golden Daemon downstairs in bad lighting, and a couple of Citadel paint tutorial stations?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

Speak for yourself.

You are literally a monster

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

NTRabbit posted:

Didn't Games Day die, and then within a month get resurrected as Warhammer Day or something, where there are no games played, but two big stores (one GW, one FW), Forgeworld diorama tables, Golden Daemon downstairs in bad lighting, and a couple of Citadel paint tutorial stations?

You forgot the important part. There are legions of GW men selling fine merchandise at MSRP that took the place of tables where people banged hams and didn't give any money at all to GW.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Games Workshop: It's just a shame that they seem to have gone a bit mentally ill along the way

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Doctor Borris posted:

tables where people banged hams

:stonk:

Keep it dead!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I wonder what GW hiring policy is like. I'm going back to school for an MBA soon and upon completion I might just casually toss out an application for their management team...

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

At least the non-rules parts of the book are pretty.

And environmentally friendly as there almost entirely recycled !

Boon posted:

I wonder what GW hiring policy is like. I'm going back to school for an MBA soon and upon completion I might just casually toss out an application for their management team...

I applied for a tech-support job at GW.. must be 20 years ago now, they dragged me down to Canterbury (from London- hour, hour and half trip as 19 year old me didn't have a car) for an interview.. for shop-staff.

Which I didn't get, mostly I think cos I didn't laugh at the store-managers gang-rape jokes.

Renfield fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 27, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Renfield posted:

And environmentally friendly as there almost entirely recycled !

This made me chuckle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Boon posted:

For management, the same as any place I'd wager, boys club, back slapping, buzz words and your MBA from the right university; it's been noted that GW management is now all transitory white collar types, no interest in the product, just the advancement

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Well, the new knights dont have any D weapons other than the melee ones.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rumor has it one has a volcano cannon. That would make it the big D, big blast, at 120"

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Is it just me or would many of the problems with D weapons be addressed if they made them only usable on other superheavies/lords of war/whatever?

Just make up some bullshit about how D weapons won't lock on to something smaller than a certain size or some poo poo, or your gigantic penis-replacement chainsword is too easily dodged by poo poo smaller than Knights.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Does GW just flat out not play their own game?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Rumor has it one has a volcano cannon. That would make it the big D, big blast, at 120"

It doesnt.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
They're supposedly 8 HP AV 14/13/13 with mini-Void Shield Generator and 3 hard points including one which is a multi-shot S8 AP3 skyfire missile pack.

Still going to die horribly to that D.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It's a standard knight package. No fancy new stuff other than new guns none of which, excepting the melee, is D.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Pendent posted:

Does GW just flat out not play their own game?

Games Workshop does not make games, they make masterfully crafted interactive fully immersive narrative tabletop experiences.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

DJ Dizzy posted:

It doesnt.
Where are you getting your info?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Should tell us everything so we can bitch about it now AND next week, double the value!

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

JerryLee posted:

Is it just me or would many of the problems with D weapons be addressed if they made them only usable on other superheavies/lords of war/whatever?

If Str D weapons were just counted as S10 against normal models and had a bonus effect on superheavies/gargantuans, they would actually make a lot more sense and serve the nominal role that they do in the fiction. Something like actually getting to use the damage table against superheavies (rather than ignoring it like they usually do) or dealing multiple HP somewhat in the fashion they do now (but not to normal models, to represent "overpenetration" and such.)

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's a standard knight package. No fancy new stuff other than new guns none of which, excepting the melee, is D.

And the Void Shields rather than the Ion Shield. And 14/13/13 rather than 13/12/12. And completely different armaments.

So basically nothing like standard Knights.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

Considering the volcano cannon is the "largest weapon that can be fit on the Reaver Titan frame" that wouldn't make any sense anyway...

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

DJ Dizzy posted:

Well, the new knights dont have any D weapons other than the melee ones.

Where are you seeing this information? Are the data sheets out?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
*Edit* NM - already mentioned.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 28, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Moola posted:

You are literally a monster

I know... I'm so... so sorry.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have literally turned into warseer. Posting "rumours" without giving a source.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Good grief!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

I know... I'm so... so sorry.

What big models do you have currently? I don't think I've seen you post anything titan-sized (do it).

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

DJ Dizzy posted:

I have literally turned into warseer. Posting "rumours" without giving a source.

I thought you might have found scans somewhere. Did you see an early WD or something?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He is just making poo poo up.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hope new Knights have D out the rear end cause then I can make another D video

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Moola posted:

I hope new Knights have D out the rear end cause then I can make another D video

More like D in the rear end

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:stare:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't think Ds work that way.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly how they should be used.

:eng101: :a2m:
:gifttank:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Ghost Hand posted:

Considering the volcano cannon is the "largest weapon that can be fit on the Reaver Titan frame" that wouldn't make any sense anyway...

I'm pretty sure the old Epic rules for Knights referenced one of the variants carrying a Volcano Cannon. Also, despite it being talked about as some kind of super-weapon that only the heaviest of titans can mount, the 40K profile for the Volcano Cannon is significantly weaker than many other weapons, including the Turbo-Laser that Warhound Scout Titans can carry.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Doesn't one of the Baneblade variants carry a volcano cannon?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yep. As does the Falchion. It's the cheapest way to get a ranged D weapon into your space marine army.

... at ~500 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

panascope posted:

What big models do you have currently? I don't think I've seen you post anything titan-sized (do it).

Chaos Warhound, thunderhawk gunship, biotitan, and chaos reaver (being assembled).

I can post pics later...

AbusePuppy posted:

I'm pretty sure the old Epic rules for Knights referenced one of the variants carrying a Volcano Cannon. Also, despite it being talked about as some kind of super-weapon that only the heaviest of titans can mount, the 40K profile for the Volcano Cannon is significantly weaker than many other weapons, including the Turbo-Laser that Warhound Scout Titans can carry.

I totally didn't know that about the knight epic rules.

• Locked thread