Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also it should be pointed out that while MLK himself was peacefully protesting other people certainly were violent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

hobbesmaster posted:

Also it should be pointed out that while MLK himself was peacefully protesting other people certainly were violent.

also civil rights era protests were treated exactly the same. why can't they just protests in X way instead of Y???

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also the mlk protests were disruptive as gently caress, if these guys were doing similar poo poo the same buggers would be moaning about the inconvenience caused to third parties etc etc

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Coincidentally X is where white people don't have to do or change anything.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Radish posted:

Coincidentally X is where white people don't have to do or change anything.

are are even remotely impacted or inconvenienced

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lots of people confusing "peaceful" with "nonviolent"

selma bridge certainly wasn't peaceful in any regard. when people say peaceful nowadays what they really mean is "does not inconvenience me or make me feel conflicting emotions"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Popular Thug Drink posted:

selma bridge certainly wasn't peaceful in any regard. when people say peaceful nowadays what they really mean is "does not inconvenience me or make me feel conflicting emotions"

do you mean peaceful in terms of police response or??

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Today they'd just kettle them into an area where everyone could be easily arrested instead of letting loose dogs and using fire hoses to herd them into an area where everyone could be easily arrested!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So the police put out a letter saying the crips and bloods are going to try to kill them, then show up at a funeral in full riot gear, then agitate protestors and throw rocks.... and wait who are the bad guys again?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

So the police put out a letter saying the crips and bloods are going to try to kill them, then show up at a funeral in full riot gear, then agitate protestors and throw rocks.... and wait who are the bad guys again?

lmao if you think that the BPD response all week has been heavy handed

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

joeburz posted:

do you mean peaceful in terms of police response or??

i think when reddit macro reposters say peaceful they'd look at the police cracking heads and say "well, those people shouldn't have provoked a response from the cops, it's their own fault really" as if MLK advanced racial equality though like i dunno sheer charisma and Great Man magic powers or something. MLK got beat up and arrested, not exactly respecting the integrity of the public peace there

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

i think when reddit macro reposters say peaceful they'd look at the police cracking heads and say "well, those people shouldn't have provoked a response from the cops, it's their own fault really" as if MLK advanced racial equality though like i dunno sheer charisma and Great Man magic powers or something. MLK got beat up and arrested, not exactly respecting the integrity of the public peace there

They think that social change is something you create just by asking really nicely and making logical arguments to racists as to why they're wrong.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

They think that social change is something you create just by asking really nicely and making logical arguments to racists as to why they're wrong.

people who stress how rational and well thought out their arguments are usually are delusional imo

it's like touting how smart you are because you went and got an education, if you're all that smart you don't need to inform people that you actually are smart and educated and stuff

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When in fact, this is what happens because cops are being trained as if they were on a sports team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPh4EUSP9Oo

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Not sure if this was posted yet but apparently a protestor stole a police car.

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/592811160224866306

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Reap what you sow you racist loving cops.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

How are u posted:

Yep all these businesses and people deserve this too

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

How are u posted:

Nice victim blaming, man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

i hope every business burns to the ground if thats what it takes to make the bulk of america's idiots realize that protestors and looters are not automatically the same thing

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kanish posted:

you're right, they should be burning down the businesses and homes of the majority-white suburbanites who support the police deep down no matter how much they complain about traffic tickets. but unfortunately, riots aren't planned events.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kanish posted:

#BigBoxProfitsMatter

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Historically speaking, large crowds of uncontrolled people often turn into riots.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Radbot posted:

#BigBoxProfitsMatter

yes because this is exactly why me and anyone who else lives in this city would be upset about stores being damaged and looted

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

yes because this is exactly why anyone who else lives in this city would be upset about stores being damaged and looted

i think they're upset about stores being looted because it reinforces their perception that black people are naturally criminals, which is why you see this behavior being attributed to the protesters as a whole (as a way of trivializing and ultimately discrediting the protests)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Never said anything about supporting looting, but I can't help but smile when I see rocks thrown at cops. It's probably not very productive but holy poo poo must it be cathartic.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No time to talk about unlawful maimings and murders by the cops: look, precious precious money is being destroyed.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

How are u posted:

Never said anything about supporting looting, but I can't help but smile when I see rocks thrown at cops. It's probably not very productive but holy poo poo must it be cathartic.

It's not very nice to support violence against anyone.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
^ agree with that though

VitalSigns posted:

No time to talk about unlawful maimings and murders by the cops: look, precious precious money is being destroyed.

I'm going to have to drive further to get my doritos :(

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 27, 2015

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

yeah im sure the owner of this corner liquour store is just rolling in cash

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

peengers posted:

From this link:

quote:

quote:
PORT ORANGE, Fla. —A police officer who crashed his cruiser into the back of a Port Orange man's motorcycle, fatally injuring the motorcyclist, has been issued a careless driving ticket, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Andrew McIlvain's motorcycle was struck by Officer Silvio Portillo, 27, at the intersection of Dunlawton Avenue and Village Trail in Port Orange on Dec. 21, investigators said.

Portillo was placed on paid administrative leave, and McIlvain, 39, later died from his injuries.

The investigation showed that Portillo was traveling 65 mph in a 50 mph zone at the time of crash, according to FHP.

"I can hear my son telling me now, 'Mom, don't be angry. It was just an accident,'" McIlvain's mother, Maxine McIlvain, said. "I don't want to see his life ruined any more than I wanted to see my son die."

Maxine McIlvain feels frustrated. She said no one from the police department or the city reached out with condolences.

"They took something from me that was very dear to me, and they can't give it back," Maxine McIlvain said. "I feel that somewhere down the line, there needs to be an accountability and this doesn't seem to do it for me."

Troopers said Tuesday that Portillo was issued a careless driving ticket in connection with the fatal crash.

While FHP only ticketed the driver, Port Orange police said Portillo is required to complete an emergency vehicle operation course at Daytona State College.

Maxine McIlvain's attorney said they notified the city of Port Orange of a their intent to file a civil rights violation suit. He said they will formally file in federal court in August.

Justice served: careless driving.

Lol at bolding 65 in a 50 like that is anything unusual, god drat people here are loving stupid. He got the appropriate charge, hope this is of some help to you! People here really do just turn off their brains to make a point, and then are really confused when others point this out.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kanish posted:

okay, let us know when you're done wringing your hands about stuff

tsa posted:

Lol at bolding 65 in a 50 like that is anything unusual, god drat people here are loving stupid. He got the appropriate charge, hope this is of some help to you! People here really do just turn off their brains to make a point, and then are really confused when others point this out.

okay, i guess i can run over you and go to jail for six months because i was driving carelessly.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
The peaceful protestors are liberating the liquor store now :newlol:

Who could have seen this coming? This behavior is so out of character. :newlol:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kanish posted:

Stop trying to change the issue. #BigBoxProfitsMatter

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Kanish posted:

He isn't, even if he does own the bar the liquor store is attached to.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

it's very unfortunate that his inventory was 80% severed. truly the worst crime that can happen, the loss of corporate property. i'll have those snickers, big gulps, and coffee cups in my prayers tonight

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

GreyPowerVan posted:

I actually do believe that hitting someone when driving 15 over the speed limit and killing them should be more than a misdemeanor.

But maybe that just makes me crazy.

No you don't if a minority was charged you'd be :qq: ing like a motherfucker.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Effectronica posted:

you're right, they should be burning down the businesses and homes of the majority-white suburbanites who support the police deep down no matter how much they complain about traffic tickets. but unfortunately, riots aren't planned events.

Thanks

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
only dickless faggots have sympathy for minorities. me, hell. i just piss on 'em

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
ITT a lot of idiots that I'm sure also care deeply about shoplifting and other retail shrink issues. Can't abide a store losing a few cases of Whatchamacallits, no sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Guys I really, REALLY care about that 7-11 now being unable to hit its revenue forecast :(

• Locked thread