Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Well done trotty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Good knock that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They should have sent Root out.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Pretty epic wipeout.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Curtly Ambrose on suicide watch

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Put the loving hammer down and get this over with.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ballance becomes the third quickest to 1000 test runs for England. Behind Sutcliff and Hutton.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He's a good front runner but I've got my doubts about whether he can score tough runs. He's more of a follower than a leader I reckon, like how he can barely get it off the square when he's batting with Cook at his worst but suddenly becomes fluent when he's batting with Root.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

He's a good front runner but I've got my doubts about whether he can score tough runs. He's more of a follower than a leader I reckon, like how he can barely get it off the square when he's batting with Cook at his worst but suddenly becomes fluent when he's batting with Root.

Are you suggesting he might follow the Ian Bell career of test batting?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heh, with a misfield. Apt.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

It looks like England played well for once.

Did they mention if Taylor will be fit for the final test? Windies are so hosed. What a shambles.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

do you think they told him to speak in that accent or its that he had no idea what he is actually sayig

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Lionel Richie posted:

These are my feelings about Ballance too. If I were an England I'd be hoping Southee and Boult do a number on them next month because that looks a fragile top three to me.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
If there's a fringe batsman that fans would rather see out of their team I can pretty much guarantee that's the guy who will have a big series against NZ.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smorgasbord posted:

If there's a fringe batsman that fans would rather see out of their team I can pretty much guarantee that's the guy who will have a big series against NZ.

Cook and Trott to replicate their 2011 Ashes form.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's a two test series, lol.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

NZ don't want to waste their time on the minnows.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Need more series against the rising powerhouse of Bangladesh.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The IPL is even shitter than usual this year

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

RideTheSpiral posted:

The IPL is even shitter than usual this year

How is that possible?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Danny Morrison has barely featured.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The IPL just can't compete with the excitement of the big bash.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Nice article on Greg Loveridge, the NZ legspinner in the 90's who broke his hand batting on test debut and never bowled a ball http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/857117.html

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Shoaib always makes me smile

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Did you bowl within yourself?
Never. I can't. I am an outlaw.

Great read.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
http://www.gfycat.com/MeagerWelllitBass

IPL.gif

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Did they just mow the outfield to make a pitch?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I clicked on this, as soon as I saw what happened I laughed uncontrollably for a good minute. If he hadn't hit it it would have missed the stumps. I love t20.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm not so sure it would have missed, it's swinging in and I reckon it would clip the outside of off. However, it would be less than 50% of the ball hitting the stumps on DRS so they'd presumably put the bails back on and carry on (utterly retarded rule).

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I think that rule is an admission that drs has a margin of error of about half a ball

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Spedman posted:

Did they just mow the outfield to make a pitch?

they're using the scottish method of pitch creation

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

they're using the scottish method of pitch creation

I've played on a few of those Scottish wickets, helmets not required.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Are any of the people in the England ODI squad to vs Ireland any good?

England squad: James Taylor (captain), Zafar Ansari, Jonathan Bairstow, Sam Billings, Tim Bresnan, Steven Finn, Lewis Gregory, Alex Hales, Jason Roy, James Vince, David Willey

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's theoretically not a bad lineup, but you could say the same about the team England took to the world cup.

At least these guys are mostly untested. If they gently caress up nobody will lay into them.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
James Vince had a good season last time out but his record at both List A and First-class are nothing more than average.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

James Taylor is a big unit.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The gently caress is this poo poo?

Indians have finally lost it I guess.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a bunch of rich people wanting more toys to play with.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-and-david-warner-50-million-targets-of-new-rebel-cricket-league-20150430-1mwvad.html

I can't tell if this is just some elaborate prank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
An elaborate scam to weaken the ICC's sway over associate nations to the point where accepting a hostile takeover from India is the only "safe option".