Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

uh uh yeah
uh uh yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wait, is uguu face really supposed to be the Reyn stand in?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

katkillad2 posted:

I turned on a stream last night and this terrible loving rap was playing so I turned it off immediately and went to another persons stream to watch... Then like 15 minutes later I realized the terrible loving rap was actually in game when it started playing on that persons stream :cry:

The rest of the music I heard ranged from bad to not very good, maybe I'm being overly dramatic but this barely has anything I wanted in a Xenoblade sequel.

You're suffering from Final Fantasy VII syndrome where you think that one game you played is what the entire series is like.
You should relax to the theme that plays in your apartment and while customizing your DOLLS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwMoproWI0

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Doc V posted:

'Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator' - take the first letter of each word and you get 'BLADE'"

So what are the odds they're going to change this? Because it's about a hundred times sillier than "dolls"

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think the real big problem with still not having seen/heard the English localization is, we don't know what the memes will be. It's a concern

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Suaimhneas posted:

So what are the odds they're going to change this? Because it's about a hundred times sillier than "dolls"

That's exactly what it says though. Going beyond your fate.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Calaveron posted:

I dont know if they're locked in to roles but she sure yells WILDO DOWN a lot.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Now it's Lyn time!

(Yes, Lyn starts out as a Shield Battler, which seems to be the dedicated tank class)

Suaimhneas posted:

Well, they already used it in the English E3 trailer last year, so...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dastardly posted:

You're suffering from Final Fantasy VII syndrome where you think that one game you played is what the entire series is like.
You should relax to the theme that plays in your apartment and while customizing your DOLLS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwMoproWI0

No, this game is kind of a confusing mishmash thus far. Soundtrack wouldn't be out of place in a Persona game I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

:nws:Cool armor design in this game:nws:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jesus christ, you'd hope (maybe not expect, but HOPE) they would at least keep it in their pants with the 13 year old character.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It looks like a Doller.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this sucks

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
If you were losin' your way you'd need some protection.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Forget the controversial aspect of this. The worst part is that it is just plain boring and awful looking. Even a lot of skimpy armor in many other RPGs at least has some redeeming value of looking good for what it is. This does not even come close.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yes, the main big problem with a 13-year-old being topless except for a tiny nipple-blocking harness is the lack of visual appeal.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

For a moment I thought I'd clicked on the Vita thread by mistake. What the gently caress, Monolith :negative:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was waiting for when this would come up. Hopefully we can also get impotently angry about this for 20 pages like neogaf.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
They needed to be more extreme than Xenoblade in every regard, unfortunately that extended to the fan service outfits as well. Just, don't use them if you don't want to really. I highly doubt they'll make that outfit super high stats.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yes, the main big problem with a 13-year-old being topless except for a tiny nipple-blocking harness is the lack of visual appeal.

That is the actual in game age? I thought you were just exaggerating.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I've developed the ultimate solution to protect everyone's eyes from this catastrophy and once make you able to fap to her without having to worry about the FBI knocking on your door.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Gotta talk about something to bridge that projected 6+ month release gap somehow.

I still kinda like the soundtrack, definitely still some jammable tunes but there are certainly some parts of a few songs that just don't work.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xavier434 posted:

That is the actual in game age? I thought you were just exaggerating.

Nope she's actually 13. She's also a genius scientist/engineer who works on building the robots and gosh I wish I were making this up.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Well hopefully the choices are vast and undesirable outfits are easy enough to avoid. I really wish that a transmutation system for outfits was a staple in all RPGs.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
I've seen some reasonable looking outfits on the girls on a few streams I've watched so it's not gonna be another Sharla situation where she had only like two outfits that weren't fanservicy and more of a minority.

I wonder if they'll do what they did in BD and bump her age to 16 or something for the overseas release though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nope she's actually 13. She's also a genius scientist/engineer who works on building the robots and gosh I wish I were making this up.

she also is a prankster and gets into mischief

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's not like Nintendo is going to keep that outfit for the West. If they changed the outfits in Bravely Default, I can't see them letting that one pass.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Yeah, I assume it'll either be removed or changed to a tank top. Still though, that's pretty gross Monolith Soft.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I hope it gets removed so we can see /v/ throw a fit.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Butt Ghost posted:

I hope it gets removed so we can see /v/ throw a fit.

/v/ and neogaf's shouts of censorship will silence the rest of the internet for days.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That outfit is clearly a Kill la Kill reference, you guys. Also, I really doubt NoA is going to be capable of censoring all the lewd armors in this game, because there are uh, quite a lot of them. I honestly think they'll just slap on an age increase on Lyn and call it a day.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

That outfit is clearly a Kill la Kill reference, you guys. Also, I really doubt NoA is going to be capable of censoring all the lewd armors in this game, because there are uh, quite a lot of them. I honestly think they'll just slap on an age increase on Lyn and call it a day.

I hope so, they've wasted enough time editing every instance of the word Doll.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Infinity Gaia posted:

That is probably the smartest approach to be honest.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kill la Kill is terrible.

And really, it's not so much that it's "lewd armor", it's specifically that it's lewd armor on a kid. I just roll my eyes at the rest of the bizarre and incongruously-sexual armor, but this specific instance is a bit messed up.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Can armor still be equipped on any party member like it was in Xenoblade?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sam Faust posted:

Can armor still be equipped on any party member like it was in Xenoblade?

Yeah and it doesn't change per character, other than for gender, hence the current issue at hand.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I heard someone say Elma is the main character and the PC is Vaan and Penelo. Can anyone who has been watching streams confirm/deny?

I'm sad that this game doesn't have the future sight thing from Xenoblade, that was a really cool mechanic.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The Moon Monster posted:

I heard someone say Elma is the main character and the PC is Vaan and Penelo. Can anyone who has been watching streams confirm/deny?

I'm sad that this game doesn't have the future sight thing from Xenoblade, that was a really cool mechanic.

Ehhh that's still up in the air. Your MC is definitely more important than Vaan and Penelo though, for various spoilery reasons.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vaan and Penelo could actually talk so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So has anyone beaten the game yet? Be interested to know how big this game is, at least from a storyline perspective.

lets hang out posted:

Vaan and Penelo could actually talk so

You say that as if it helped

• Locked thread