Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Insert name here posted:

It literally doesn't matter how good it actually is in game because all the German-obsessed fanboys will complain that it isn't good enough still

See: World of Tanks

Russian Bias strikes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Zaodai posted:

That would depend entirely on what tier it is placed at. If it was a premium sitting at tier 3 with the Kawachi or something, it'd do just fine, right?

From what I've seen its gonna be a tier 8 and be a contemporary of Colorado/North Carolina and Nagato/Amagi, which is reasonable. Bismarck wasn't a bad battleship, all things considered, but it wasn't an invincible Krupp Steel hyper-dreadnought like the public at large seems to think. It'll likely have fragile turrets because its turret and barbette armor was hilariously thin, as well as its deck protection. It'll also have fewer/smaller caliber guns than everything else at that tier.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I made a pub mad today and his first insult directed at me was "welfare baby". What is wrong with America.

We have too many welfare babies, clearly.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I always seem to go the way my entire team doesn't go. Entire team goes to the right and slowly floats around at the speed of the slowest BB while I try to hang around the right side and protect the cap and get mauled by the entire enemy team. I guess I should just embrace the pubbie and go slowly around the opposite side of the map that the other team is going?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I found GiantHurtBall on the NA forums.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/26158-this-is-spareri-mean-beta/

quote:

ust a little humor to prove a point and hopefully improve the game....

It is a beautiful day im sitting on deck muchin on onigiri.....WHEN ALL HE..ahhh....HECK BREAKS OUT!

torpedoes in the water , dive bombers above us......

evil yanks tryin to hurt my pretty little "TIN CAN"...

suddenly i hear this weird music...DUN DA DA DUNNNN

Captainsan comes out of the closet........{insert pink tutu here}

fists on hips and wearing a rocket on his back !

Captainsan jumps out the window......

kills all the nasty planes and lands back on deck,removes rocket and sits in the dd's captains chair and says . . .

FOOL SPEED AHEAD !

[edited] u say??? no way u say ????

im sure its true because my dd driver got the "skill" ACE DOG FIGHTER and AIR COMBAT and LIGHT THERE FIRE.....

Seriously...devs what r u thinking???

if you are going to give CV skills to a DD driver why have RPG elements at all?

1 "driver" is enough for all ships

this is BETA so this is the place for us PLAYERS to add our 2yens worth

4th level SKILLZ ;

DOGFIGHT: only CV

ADVANCED FLIGHT TRAINING: only CV

TORP ACQUISITION: might help a CA but DD's dodge them and if i cant...then seeing them 2 feet longer is not going to help

ADVANCED FIRE TRAINING: if the DD is that close the captain is SWIMMING back to japan !

PYROMANIA: LOL..DD's,B.S.U.{blow STUFF up} it might be on fire the 3 seconds it takes to sink below the waves

DEVS SOLUTION;

make SKILLS appropriate !..CLASS SKILLS

if u want a DD driver to drive a CV then he needs NEW EXPERIENCE and TRAINING

a DD driver can not be the worlds best CV driver with 200 battles in a DD !

FPSers my not care about RPG skills but RPGers do !

NINJA DESU !!!

devs look at my battle report

KILLS;

CV 87

BB 55

many other T.O.O.

TOR PEE DIS... fired = bizzillion !

SHELLS fired = 0...ok maybe 4 or 5 i hit the wrong button in the heat of battle ! [SUE ME MA SIN to the friendly beside me when i fired the wrong thingy,dint do much damage but it was very rude of me !]

I LOVE THIS GAME !

i hope the devs can understand my humor and frustration at having USELESS skills,remove the skills and RPG or let me improve the captain as he gets the EXPERIENCE

1 option is remove the "skill" choice and make it EARNED

exempli gratia;

100 TOR PEE DIS hits = +25% Torpedo damage

10000 Shell hits = +25% Gun damage

1000k travled = +25% speed

ET CETERA,ET CETERA

many many ways to improve the game play and reward hard work

Thank you for reading i hope this helps in making a better RPG experience

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
don't shame, tourette syndrome is embarrassing and debilitating to one's own socioeconomic status

Edit for :fletcher::

Shooting players from beyond post-gunfire spotting distance of me, especially in smoke, is like bombarding a shore and I am getting MY IMMERSIONS on

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 28, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I took the Nagato out for a spin tonight, my 6th battle, and the first after all the upgrades are in. Was doing a great job of dodging the shells of the enemy as I single handedly fought against 2 Nagato's and a Fuso, had one of the Nagato's below half health, when *whammo*.. from 65k to 12k in a single salvo. Welp. Still almost killed the first Nagato, but that loving salvo just wrecked me so hard that I really had no chance after that.

Stupid battle ended up a draw though, and I got to watch some dork call me and a Fuso (who came over and not only finished off the Nagato, but killed their Fuso as well) "useless pieces of poo poo, hanging out in the west and doing nothing for the whole game". Yep.. totally useless for fighting those three battleships. I have no idea why some dudes rage so hard when they look at the map after they die and make dumb assumptions. Those dudes are also invariably in the bottom half (or quarter) of xp earned for the team, and the 'useless' people are at the top.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Baudin posted:

The aimbot seems to work excessively well against people that run in a straight path, similar to how torpedoes devastate dumb battleships.

Well, it actually works against turning ships as well since you see the way they are turning and can put shells there. Not as accurate though in that case.

So far the aim bot in combination with a Kongo/Fuso have been hilarious. Start a game, sail where you can get early shots in, send away scout plane, wait for ship to be spotted and then unload the whole battery on the first hapless ship.
Most people don't zigzag in the start of a game so it is a good way to get early damage in. Completely unfair, but who cares.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lord Koth posted:

Is there a trick to this? I occasionally do it, but I've also had matches where I've put ~50-70+ HE shells into a carrier without setting it on fire even once. Typically when I'm stern chasing the drat thing because I've got nothing better to do. Pretty frustrating when it happens, because they'll obviously focus on you, and if dive bombers get lucky the damage they can do to destroyers actually can add up fast.

Best I can suggest is aim to make sure your shells land on the deck itself. Hard to do on the Langley because of the suspended flight deck, but doable on the others. Doesn't always work, sometimes takes a while, but good pay off when it does.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Just got into a Kongo last night and dicked around with it for awhile. I've come to the conclusion that battleships are boring -- or is this just because of the Kongo itself?

Meantime cruisers are fun and destroyers are a blast, when I can figure out how to drive them properly.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Drone posted:

Just got into a Kongo last night and dicked around with it for awhile. I've come to the conclusion that battleships are boring -- or is this just because of the Kongo itself?

Meantime cruisers are fun and destroyers are a blast, when I can figure out how to drive them properly.

The Kongo is pretty fast, so if you think it's boring then battleships definitely aren't for you.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

why do you not like chumbly? is it because of your american heritage? i think the main problems with the american goons is how insanely lame they are. case in point: their ts

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

El Disco posted:

The Kongo is pretty fast, so if you think it's boring then battleships definitely aren't for you.

It's not so much the speed (I mean I love the St. Louis and even fully upgraded it only goes like 24 knots), it's just the nature of battleships having guns that take like 90 seconds to align.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I got my Omaha tonight!

It is indeed very fight.

This thing is basically the "typical" American cruiser through the rest of the tree, right?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

PadreScout posted:

I got my Omaha tonight!

It is indeed very fight.

This thing is basically the "typical" American cruiser through the rest of the tree, right?
Not really, it doesn't really fulfill the 'role' of a cruiser (ie providing AA fire as well as being able to wreck cruisers/destroyers). I see the 'typical' american cruiser as the Cleveland because it fulfills the roles above as well as being similar to the cruisers at tiers above it. The Omaha to me seemed to be more of a large destroyer than a cruiser.

Darth Sidious
Jan 9, 2011

My Force is Bigger Than Yours!
So far I have enjoyed all the american Cruisers from the St Louis to the Cleveland.
The Pensacola however does feel a lot different from the Cleveland. Im enjoying it but .. yeah its different. I don't get as many hits :(
On the flip side the AA is amazing & with my Captains skills with which I'm unlocking AA related skills my Pensacola has just turned into a death trap for enemy Air. I just shadow the Highest Tier BB & let the planes fall from the sky :D

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
The Omaha isn't terrible AA for it's tier; one should be able to damage Langley and Independence aircraft. Cleveland and above, it's an AA wrecking ball. I find frustrating enemy carriers by shooting down multiple squadrons of their planes is a lot of fun.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I finally had an awesome destroyer game in an Isokaze. It just seemed all the enemy BB's went yolo. Most games I can never set myself up well but this one was just perfect.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Had a game after a week or so break. Myoko is still hilarious :getin:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Drone posted:

It's not so much the speed (I mean I love the St. Louis and even fully upgraded it only goes like 24 knots), it's just the nature of battleships having guns that take like 90 seconds to align.
This becomes an issue with cruisers at higher tiers too. You no longer get a set of guns mounted port and starboard like on the St. Louis/Phoenix/Omaha, so bringing your full broadside about, especially as turrets and their respective guns get bigger and more numerous, becomes something you have to plan for a minute ahead of engagement time.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

God drat the Kawachi is so bad, I just want my xp so I can escape :smith:

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008
I am so terrible at this game, and it's still so much fun. I'm having a hard time walking the fine line between not suicidal enough and too suicidal driving destroyers though, at least driving like a drunken moron seems to be a survival skill. I am terrible about target fixating and tunnel vision though, so easy to die stupidly to something you had plenty of time to see and avoid. At least I'm not alone, and the rage in chat is totally worth the price of admission.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is that aim assist legal? I tried it out and it makes the Fuso into a doomsday weapon. If you put in the effort to serpentine and vary your speed it's less effective but pretty much no one does and its great at the start of the game to land big damage on distant battleships.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Axetrain posted:

Is that aim assist legal? I tried it out and it makes the Fuso into a doomsday weapon. If you put in the effort to serpentine and vary your speed it's less effective but pretty much no one does and its great at the start of the game to land big damage on distant battleships.

I think Wargaming is on the record as saying (at least for now) that it's legal since aiming isn't as important as other strategic aspects of the game

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Azhais posted:

I think Wargaming is on the record as saying (at least for now) that it's legal since aiming isn't as important as other strategic aspects of the game

Don't tell that to the WG forums, over there aim is apparently the only thing in the game that takes ~skill~

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Darwinism posted:

Don't tell that to the WG forums, over there aim is apparently the only thing in the game that takes ~skill~

Well, being able to lead targets properly and account for movement is a skill. From what people in the thread have said, they're breaking it next patch anyway, so the point is largely moot. The tears will be glorious from the people who can't play without it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
A patch just dropped that added HMS Warspite as a Tier 6 premium. Someone with Piasters Dubloons Tokens to spare should post how it plays.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

I finally had an awesome destroyer game in an Isokaze. It just seemed all the enemy BB's went yolo. Most games I can never set myself up well but this one was just perfect.

Sometimes you just find those blind battleship drivers and magic happens. Also, firing torp salvoes from beyond visual range into a big blob of BBs and cruisers is hilarious from the sheer chaos you create alone.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Magni posted:

Sometimes you just find those blind battleship drivers and magic happens. Also, firing torp salvoes from beyond visual range into a big blob of BBs and cruisers is hilarious from the sheer chaos you create alone.

What is going on with your torpedo strike counter and that watermark

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
looks like today's patch killed the aim mod

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PadreScout posted:

looks like today's patch killed the aim mod

Even with a reinstall?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Nah I re installed it and it works fine.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Vengarr posted:

What is going on with your torpedo strike counter and that watermark

Part of the UI mod. I jsut picked the first one I found. It had some weeb stuff in it. I didn't care and I'm too lazy to replace it. :shrug:

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Oh, that fixed it. Ignore me.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Vengarr posted:

A patch just dropped that added HMS Warspite as a Tier 6 premium. Someone with Piasters Dubloons Tokens to spare should post how it plays.

Sure. Did they add the other ship lines?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

xthetenth posted:

Sure. Did they add the other ship lines?

Just the Warspite. I don't even know if there was anything else in the patch.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The Atlanta still looks like the better high-tier premium just off of weight-of-fire alone.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Without premium:

3426 base xp, 193k damage. :cool:

Is the My Profile page gone for everyone on the WoWS site?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So apparently the Warspite is bugged all to hell and can get citadel-penned through her belt armor by destroyers currently. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So pubbies who Wiki'ed the Warspite are already starting to bleat about how 'non-historical' the range is on the 15" guns.

"SEE HERE, I AM A SCHOLAR IN NAVAL WARFARE AS OF TEN MINUTES AGO AND I HAPPEN TO KNOW FOR A *FACT* THAT THE WARSPITE CAN HIT TO 24KM!"

That being said, Gunlion just ~hinted~ that the Warspite ~might~ be a CBT-only available ship (meaning you'll only be able to buy it now and keep it when the game launches): http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/26262-hms-warspite-comes-to-world-of-warships/page__st__20__pid__721497#entry721497

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 29, 2015