Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

"Now that you've backed a dump truck of feedback onto our inboxes, we'll be chewing through that, but if you have any further thoughts let us know."

lookit that passive aggressive butthurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

gabe newell said in that reddit q&a that all the mail they got about paid mods cost them a million dollars

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey if anyone wants to send me a donation or a tip for my work in the animal genitalia modding field please feel free to send me a game on steam. the removal of the paid mod system means i can no longer support myself full time on my art but if anyone wants to show their appreciation then please feel free. thanks in advance

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soral posted:

hey if anyone wants to send me a donation or a tip for my work in the animal genitalia modding field please feel free to send me a game on steam. the removal of the paid mod system means i can no longer support myself full time on my art but if anyone wants to show their appreciation then please feel free. thanks in advance

Stfu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The one barrier that was truly holding PC gaming back is now up again http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

The Bullshit Goons have won again. Anti-paid mod supporting idiots take note of the underlying benevolence described in this apology. You, yourself's, are now culpable for the ultimate destruction of the modding community when modders are no longer willing to work tiresomely for free. You were warned.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

gabe newell said in that reddit q&a that all the mail they got about paid mods cost them a million dollars

drat

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The Bullshit Goons have won again. Anti-paid mod supporting idiots take note of the underlying benevolence described in this apology. You, yourself's, are now culpable for the ultimate destruction of the modding community when modders are no longer willing to work tiresomely for free. You were warned.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When the 2 biggest (pun motherfucking intended) Heavily Modded Skyrim fans are against this backpedaling, you know valve hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

reddit: What the gently caress, is Valve seriously trying out new ways to make money?
Gabe Newell: Yes, we are a business, our goal is to make a prof-
reddit:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Gaming AIDS has grown unfathomably powerful..

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The poor modders shall now starve in the streets, bereft of their 25% profits from such classic mods as "skull staff: staff with a skull on top" or "armor that vaguely resembles another armor from another game". This capitalist system will continue to stamp on the rights of the mod-etariats in favor of their own gain.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Richard Gamingo hangs up his call with Gabe Newell, setting the phone in its cradle with barely a click. He smiles to himself. The crisis is over. Gaming lives another day.

"Game... and go!" he cries, rocketing into the sky.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Richard Gamingo hangs up his call with Gabe Newell, setting the phone in its cradle with barely a click. He smiles to himself. The crisis is over. Gaming lives another day.

Richard Gamingo is an accomplished business man so it would not surprise me at all to find out that he's been on the horn with GabeN from time to time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He's the hero you ungrateful pieces of poo poo don't even deserve, but just the one we need right now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's the hero you ungrateful pieces of poo poo don't even deserve, but just the one we need right now.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

DOTA 2 and CS Are still epic

:dogbutton:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

im happy that your av is back

Soral
May 30, 2009

e: its a pretty good av. was sad to see it go

Soral
May 30, 2009

accidentally hit reply instead of edit lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thank you, mysterious benefactor

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The games skyrim mod thread is cool because its got dudes saying "looks like some people owe me a drat apology now".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The games skyrim mod thread is cool because its got dudes saying "looks like some people owe me a drat apology now".

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Link please

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

:911:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Well drat, looks like I won a few arguments among my friends. I hope they keep the donation system Gabe said they were planning, at least.

Nobody's saying NO MODDERS DESERVE MONEY EVER, the backlash was mostly against Valve for lovely implementation.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Modders: We don't need no compensation, we don't need no content control.

Gaben: All in all, you're just another brick in the barrier truly holding back PC gaming.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The best goon posts look like something g0m, or skylark or wormskull would post as a joke.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thank you. Brb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The best goon posts look like something g0m, or skylark or wormskull would post as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ok, back.

• Locked thread