Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I haven't even tried it but I guess Donut Plains 200cc is basically a nightmare

I just played it today. You're not far from the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

For now, yeah. I spin out less on 200cc SNES Rainbow Road.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

For now, yeah. I spin out less on 200cc SNES Rainbow Road.

That's the dlc one right? Oddly I find that one easier on 200cc. There are a couple places that are 90 degree turn followed by another, and on 200 you can clear both of them in one drift, treating it like one large continuous turn instead of turn - straight - turn. Plus you can clear the ramp at the end without a mushroom.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
SNES Rainbow road on 200cc is very hit or miss. The right angle turns are perfect for power sliding but if you perform a trick at the wrong time it is way to easy to fall off one of the edges and completely ruin your line for the rest of the race.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrzKkSRjPY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alright, we can officially close the book on Mario Kart 8 and be satisfied.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

200cc SNES Rainbow Road is actually pretty cool! I've only played it once but I was surprised how well I was able to drift around basically the whole cour--

--nevermind I'm done playing Mario Kart forever now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Outstanding.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can't believe we've already hit peak Mario Kart.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:boom:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thank you for posting this.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Having 3-starred every 200cc cup, the courses that gave me the most nightmares were:
- Rainbow Road 8
- Donut Plains 3
- Neo Bowser City
- Cheese Land
- Yoshi Circuit
- Piranha Plant Slide
- Bone Dry Dunes

also

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Electrophotonic posted:

Today I learned that three green shells won't protect you from landing on red shells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z5Upvm89O8

I hope you all realise you made Isabelle one sad puppy :colbert: Especially you, bug-faced megaman

Today I learned that hitting someone else's boomerang with your boomerang destroys both boomerangs. Jury is still out on whether or not you can catch someone else's boomerang with ZR.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I get a mushroom and the guy ahead of me gets triple mushrooms he should be arrested

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Golden Mushroom...noooooooo

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

PRO 200CC TIP: You only need to use a gold mushroom once for it to start expiring, just boost once on a straight then let it run it out

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Finally beat Crossing cup. Got 1st on Baby Park and godawful Cheese Land. Got hosed hard in Wild Woods when I got blue shelled while gliding and went from 1st to 4th with zero coins. Animal Crossing wasn't much better neither since I'm very unfamiliar with it.

It's a shame I didn't even get one star, I really need to find a good character/vehicle combo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cat Machine posted:

PRO 200CC TIP: You only need to use a gold mushroom once for it to start expiring, just boost once on a straight then let it run it out

Or keep using it, close your eyes and let the Speed Force become one with you and guide your way, Barry!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Mazerunner posted:

That's the dlc one right? Oddly I find that one easier on 200cc. There are a couple places that are 90 degree turn followed by another, and on 200 you can clear both of them in one drift, treating it like one large continuous turn instead of turn - straight - turn.

You can do this on 150cc too.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Ahaha you can hit airplanes on 200cc Sunshine Airport!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

Are you in Goons go Fast at the moment?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Ok I need to do this

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is the bullet bill item still in the game because I just got done with all the cups through mirror and I still haven't gotten it or seen it

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is the bullet bill item still in the game because I just got done with all the cups through mirror and I still haven't gotten it or seen it

You need to be REALLY far behind. Rubber-banding ensures that you won't see it unless you basically park your car or go super speed and lap someone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yes and last night I learned if you have the star during an anti grav section, you can bump into another racer using it for a boost.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

You need to be REALLY far behind. Rubber-banding ensures that you won't see it unless you basically park your car or go super speed and lap someone.

Speaking of rubber banding, its good to see lightweight AI characters still zoom past heavyweights on straight ways.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spacebump posted:

Yes and last night I learned if you have the star during an anti grav section, you can bump into another racer using it for a boost.

Doesn't matter if you have a star or not.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

Are you in Goons go Fast at the moment?

I will be in a minute!

It's pretty rare unless you're far behind. That said, I've gotten it while in third place and had it drop me off just behind first, so it's not impossible to see it otherwise.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

I will be in a minute!

Hopefully I will join you! I have to run an errand first though!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

Hopefully I will join you! I have to run an errand first though!

I'ma head to worldwide then, but I'll jump into the goon room if I see you show up or post here or something!

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
fun tip: if the goon room is empty as it is for 20 hours of the day, you can play on Custom worldwide with 200CC rules

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

I'ma head to worldwide then, but I'll jump into the goon room if I see you show up or post here or something!

If you would like to move to Goons Go Fast I should be online in 5ish!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

If you would like to move to Goons Go Fast I should be online in 5ish!

Sure!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Super Bell Subway is honestly too cramped for 200cc

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

gently caress me those cows come up quick!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Good yoshi run; I like your choice of line there

pokeyman posted:

gently caress me those cows come up quick!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I take no credit for that green shell hit on Baby Park. That was after about 5 rebounds.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

I take no credit for that green shell hit on Baby Park. That was after about 5 rebounds.

I was thinking it was a brilliant shot, now I feel better!

edit

jivjov posted:

Good yoshi run; I like your choice of line there

That's the line I always take. Nearly as fast as the bridge but with less competition for it.

pokeyman fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 28, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I do

pokeyman posted:

I was thinking it was a brilliant shot, now I feel better!

edit

That's the line I always take. Nearly as fast as the bridge but with less competition for it.

Nt really have a good line on Yoshi...so I followed you around. Also, that royal raceway was an embarrassment for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

I do

Nt really have a good line on Yoshi...so I followed you around. Also, that royal raceway was an embarrassment for me

Well I wasn't going to say anything but yes, it was a bit of a runaway...

• Locked thread