Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

aw hell that owns, EA Pangea is my crew. I'm not good at the game at all though, but that sort of thing is nice to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lemuria's bad because they're boring to fight against and to play as and that's lovely design

go away dumb ghost romans

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

amuayse posted:

I did win a game as Atlantis where I won by doing literally nothing but cap the thrones from AI players while all the other major powers tried to fight Lemuria due to an early Burden of Time. I didn't fight Lemuria at all and I was glad for that.

Ironically LA Atlantis is one of the nations that has very little difficulty with Lemuria, LA Agartha being the other one.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
transformation.png

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
Is that... transforming enslaved doom horrors so they don't have the random-rebellion effect?

Reminds me in one of my test games I gift of reasoned a shade beast because (I think) it's the only unit with reanimator(100). I then empowered it to A1E1 so i could cast a rain of stones that turned every killed unit into a zombie.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
important update: the mod inspector has a tab for mercenaries now

TheresNoThyme posted:

Reminds me in one of my test games I gift of reasoned a shade beast because (I think) it's the only unit with reanimator(100). I then empowered it to A1E1 so i could cast a rain of stones that turned every killed unit into a zombie.

holy poo poo

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
update: i tried that and it didnt work. this is messed up

e: now it's working??? what gives

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
What the gently caress things have just been discovered, holy moly

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Gift of Reason everything.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
too bad the best part of having a doom horror is the chassis in the first place

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
having an s10 tiger just hangin out is pretty good too though

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Samog posted:

transformation.png

amuys why

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Linking Dominoins 4 Mod Inspector; now with a tab for Private Military Contractors:

http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

Puns all around!

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 26, 2015

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

I guess maybe this is what happens when all of the people playing are really, really bad at decision-making
Hmm yes not wanting to meticulously fight idiot ghosts for like a month of your real life is a bad decision.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Samog posted:

amuys why

I hate fun and nature nations

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

TheresNoThyme posted:

Is that... transforming enslaved doom horrors so they don't have the random-rebellion effect?

That's amazing

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

What happens if a dude with reanimator wishes for Armageddon

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jsoh posted:

What happens if a dude with reanimator wishes for Armageddon

Nothing sadly. Looks like reanimator only works in combat.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Nothing sadly. Looks like reanimator only works in combat.

That's so hosed up. Report this as a bug imo

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
They reanimate and then immediately dissolve because there is no necromancer nearby to lead them. Working as expected.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Hmm yes not wanting to meticulously fight idiot ghosts for like a month of your real life is a bad decision.

you made that decision when you got in a match with Ermor/Ermorkin in the first place

not saying anyone's bad for any reason (I'm not good enough at the game to look down on people yet) but that train has sailed dude

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Might want to play a game in the near future. Trying to remember two aspects of mechanics:

Damage is 2d6+weapon damage - 2d6+prot, correct?

Also, the prot reduction per hit in a round is 2, correct?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

jon joe posted:

Might want to play a game in the near future. Trying to remember two aspects of mechanics:

Damage is 2d6+weapon damage - 2d6+prot, correct?

Also, the prot reduction per hit in a round is 2, correct?

Defense, not protection, reduces with each attack directed at the defender. Also, those 2d6 can explode and roll even higher in some cases.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Dirk the Average posted:

Defense, not protection, reduces with each attack directed at the defender. Also, those 2d6 can explode and roll even higher in some cases.

It is 2d6 with exploding 6s which is referrered to DRN (dominions random number) and the reason you get hosed.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I had forgotten about those.

So protection isn't reduced at all per attack, only defense? Hmm, okay.

Is the prot 2d6 exploding as well?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Yes.

e: Even if you are hit with an armor negating attack you still have a DRN roll from 0 iirc.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

Decrepus posted:

e: Even if you are hit with an armor negating attack you still have a DRN roll from 0 iirc.

This is true.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Any tips for early game defending against Xibalba's massive flying armies? I've been doing squads with guard commander but it still seems kind of a crapshoot whether or not a commander will die in the fracas.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Det_no posted:

Any tips for early game defending against Xibalba's massive flying armies? I've been doing squads with guard commander but it still seems kind of a crapshoot whether or not a commander will die in the fracas.

Pump pd and set traps in provinces with good indie poptypes, make armored guys on guard with commander in the middle though you need enough to make a decent square before this works, cast magics at them, or put archers in a sandwich with heavy guys on the outside.

If you do not have good heavy guys, get murdered.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
you can also cast storm

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
carry a staff of storms or cast perpetual storm if you want round 0 storm so you don't rely on first round

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

:confused:

Absum
May 28, 2013

Sometimes your own simulation of the battle does not match up to the server's because :dominions: I guess.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Replay bug acknowledges the superiority of Bandar Log. Also when the Maneater fires flying shards at stuff behind him it looks like he just sprayed poo poo onto them. Thought u would like to know.

Also while he got hosed up in the replay, in whatever fevered version actually generated he got no afflictions. :thumbsup:

How did he die in your replay anyways. Ethereal guy regenerating 41 a turn with a billion MR, piles of prot and temper flesh can basically survive forever vs manikins and centaur.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 29, 2015

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Watching it again it looks like he randomly stopped regenerating about halfway through the battle. Maybe that was the real bug.

In an alternate timeline the world is already skeletons.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm going to be really sad that my goats are going to die of disease before I can GoR them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Wait... so who is the Bad Guys?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It turns out that humans are the real monsters. :negative:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Slaan posted:

Oh dear. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Slaan posted:

Funny, given I just came from the Witcher 3 thread.

• Locked thread