Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Snap would be such a great 3DS or WiiU game its kinda weird they haven't done it yet.

It's length. The original Snap was an hour long or so and it's sort of hard to stretch it out much further. You can do it as a cheapo downloadable title but probably not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

JustJeff88 posted:

Did they make another one with this name on the N64? Because the one from the SNES is already on the Wii U VC - I just bought it a few days ago for $7.99.

Oops, I should have been more clear. I love the SNES one. I hope they put Mystical Adventure up.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I really hope this isn't true

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/24/super-nintendo-wii-u/?utm_source=Feed_Classic_Full&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Engadget&?ncid=rss_full

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Champeenship posted:

Actually Mischief Makers is co-owned by Enix/Square Enix, so it ain't never coming over here.

Square has released stuff on the eshop.

And it's not like they won't release old content, coughFF7cough.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Watrick posted:

Oops, I should have been more clear. I love the SNES one. I hope they put Mystical Adventure up.

I am frankly glad that you made the mistake. Now I know about those.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eh, I'd take it with a grain of salt. It's coming from one source, and to be fair, Natsume really only had one game for the SNES worth porting.

I doubt Nintendo is completely done putting SNES games up on the VC.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rexroom posted:

Depends. The DSN-12 is an analog synthesizer with all the fancy knobs and buttons to tweak. M01D is a workstation. They're both music tools where you have to learn the trade yourself, but if I had to pick, the M01D would probably be the easiest of the two for beginners.

Is there a decent quick tutorial for either of those, that shows off the features and some of the limitations. From those two videos it looks like the DSN-12 is a straight Techno Machine, while the M01D allows you to go nuts and make songs. I need to know things like do you need samples of things to actually make noises, or do they supply the sounds in program? Do I need to do all of that fiddling with the program while the song is playing, or can you just make a song and have it output it? Can you output the songs; if yes, as what format; if no, are they stuck in the program/3DS mem card?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Eh, I'd take it with a grain of salt. It's coming from one source, and to be fair, Natsume really only had one game for the SNES worth porting.

Lufia 2, obviously

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Handsome Ralph posted:

It has TWO, and they both had the words "Pocky" and "Rocky" and "and" in the title.

The GBA one is absolute garbage. We need those.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ImpAtom posted:

It's length. The original Snap was an hour long or so and it's sort of hard to stretch it out much further. You can do it as a cheapo downloadable title but probably not worth it.

I would be totally happy paying $15 for the N64 game with new controls, they don't have to expand anything.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Handsome Ralph posted:

Natsume really only had one game for the SNES worth porting.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Lodin posted:

They made two Mystical Ninja games on the 64, one 2D platformer I didn't think was that great and a loving awesome 3D platformer very similar to Mario64. The latter I still play through about once a year just for the insane cutscenes.

They were both awesome games! Were they both two player? I remember playing the platforming one with my brother and the Impact levels were also co-op and it was so insanely cool for two bros growing up. The 3D one also had Impact levels but I remember them being a little different?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reasonably sure all the Goemon games were two player. Apart from maybe a weird spin off or two.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Reasonably sure all the Goemon games were two player. Apart from maybe a weird spin off or two.

Mystical Ninja starring Goemon is 1 player only, and it's not a weird spinoff.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

burger time posted:

You're right. It's just weird.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

RadicalR posted:

You're right. It's just weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQKAsvlKcE

:dance:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ImpAtom posted:

Uh, only if you just play through the game once. But they were meant to be replayed so you could find little hidden stuff here and there.
But I mean, obviously you'd upgrade the game mechanics. :downs: What do you mean its hard to stretch it out further? You've got no imagination.

They made a new Kid Icarus game, you know? They came up with modern features that fit the feel and story of the old game.

You could have branching paths, freerange driving, walking, the ability to catch certain pokemon and use them on other pokemon to cause things to happen, etc. You could make a whole adventure/puzzle game out of it really easily.

You could do some really cool stuff with the gyro sensor of the gamepad or 3ds as a camera so you're "looking" into the game world in virtual space, walking around in first person in the Pokemon world.

Take Afrika Safari from PS3 and mix it with Myst and Pokemon Snap and go from there.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zaphod42 posted:

Pokemon Myst!

:barf:

Of all the dumb games they have shoved Pokemon in, this has been the most horrifying to consider.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I wouldn't call the KORGs tools, they're legit instruments. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people refuse to call synths and their relatives "real instruments" for whatever stupid reasons they come up with.

As a keyboard/piano player and sometimes composer I'm pretty interested in M01D, but I don't know how I'd be able to actually use it as an instrument, rather than a composing tool with which I might be able to create cool-sounding instrumentations on a whim.

To me, an instrument means something you play in real time, but I don't know how you'd do that on a 3DS.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've only used the old KORG DS-10 for the original DS, but it had a keyboard, a KAOSS pad and a (very simple)drum machine you could play with the touchscreen in real time over the loops/samples. I'd imagine they haven't gone backwards since then, but maybe they have.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Anora posted:

Square has released stuff on the eshop.

And it's not like they won't release old content, coughFF7cough.

The 'bringing it over here' was the important part. SE hasn't supported the VC outside of Japan this generation.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

burger time posted:

Two PS1 games and the DS game were also one player.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

Is there a decent quick tutorial for either of those, that shows off the features and some of the limitations. From those two videos it looks like the DSN-12 is a straight Techno Machine, while the M01D allows you to go nuts and make songs. I need to know things like do you need samples of things to actually make noises, or do they supply the sounds in program? Do I need to do all of that fiddling with the program while the song is playing, or can you just make a song and have it output it? Can you output the songs; if yes, as what format; if no, are they stuck in the program/3DS mem card?

Like I said, if you're looking for opinions or help with the DSN-12 or the M01D you should check out the synth thread in the musician subforum.

They both consist of a synth, a sequencer and a mixer so they both contain (technically) all you need to complete a song from start to finish. Their difference lies in the fact that the DSN-12 is a synthesizer while the M01D is a rompler, in other words it plays back samples (a huge amount of them too, but these are from the 80's so expect cheesiness). Because of this, the M01D can do anything from acoustic drums to violins to synth sounds but has little in the way of shaping those sounds while the DSN-12 is purely electronic and has to be programmed like any ol' synth. You choose/create your sounds, build your song up note by note in the sequencer and hit play. The songs aren't rendered to any format, so if you want to export them you'd have to record the audio output of the 3DS.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Anora posted:

I don't know how quick you want it, but here's a video that handles both toolsmusical instruments.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I wouldn't call the KORGs tools, they're legit instruments. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people refuse to call synths and their relatives "real instruments" for whatever stupid reasons they come up with.

I think the intention was to differentiate them from games rather than instruments.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Lodin posted:

They made two Mystical Ninja games on the 64, one 2D platformer I didn't think was that great and a loving awesome 3D platformer very similar to Mario64. The latter I still play through about once a year just for the insane cutscenes.

I'm sorry, but Goemon 2 is literally the best 2D platformer on the system. Not that the competition is too stiff (Yoshi's Story, Mischief Makers, ???). But the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is good and you've got four characters to differentiate it up, the level designs sprawl in the third dimension and almost always have branching paths. It's not just a simple level-based platformer either, you've got hub towns with sidequests and secrets, and there's a mild collectathon aspect which I always love. And of course, the story is still insane and you've still got giant robot fights and the entire game can be played co-op. What's not to love???

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Amppelix posted:

What's not to love???
The fact that they took the Goemon Impact song out of the English version of they game. It was in the first N64 game but in the second one they removed it when they localised the game for some reason.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ok yes, I agree, that is the only thing about the game not to love. I was always extremely confused by that part as a kid because the song also doubles as a cutscene introducing you to giant robots, so without it one minute you're fighting a boss and then the next, suddenly you're in the cockpit of... something and the controls are really confusing and what even is this.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The fact that they took the Goemon Impact song out of the English version of they game.

what the gently caress?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Amppelix posted:

I'm sorry, but Goemon 2 is literally the best 2D platformer on the system. Not that the competition is too stiff (Yoshi's Story, Mischief Makers, ???).

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Pomp posted:

what the gently caress?
Yeah, in the Japanese version there is a new Impact song but it's straight up removed in the English version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6arYwxCZg

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights (free, requires at least one Amiibo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Character: Mewtwo - €3.99 / £3.59 (3DS) or €4.99 / £4.49 (Wii U/3DS) (April 28)
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - €9.99 / £7.99
    Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rebels - €2.99 / £2.39
WII CLASSICS ON WII U
    Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies - €14.99 / £13.49 until May 7, regular price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own a digital Kirby game for Wii U/3DS, get Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for €35.99 / £31.49! - runs from May 8-14
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 29
    Tetrobot & co. (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.19 until April 30
    Kirby's Adventure Wii (Wii DL) - €14.99 / £13.49 until April 30
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £2.74 funtil April 30
    Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £3.14 until April 30
    Kirby' Super Star (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £2.74 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby's Dream Course (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £2.74 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £3.14 from April 30-May 7
    Costume Quest 2 (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from April 30-May 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.29 from April 30-May 7
    Puzzle Monkeys (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until May 13
    Angry Birds Star Wars (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 from April 30-May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 from April 30-May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from April 30-May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from April 30-May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from April 30-May 13
    Transformers Prime (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from April 30-May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 from April 30-May 13
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 from April 30-May 21
    Family Tennis SP (Wii U eShop) - €3.70 / £2.99 from April 30-May 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 from April 30-May 21

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Excave II: Wizards of the Underworld - €10.00 / £8.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Character: Mewtwo - €3.99 / £3.59 (3DS) or €4.99 / £4.49 (Wii U/3DS) (April 28)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until April 30
    Kirby's Fighters Deluxe (3DS eShop) - €4.89/ £4.39 until April 30
    Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - €1.99 / £1.79 until April 30
    Kirby's Dream Land 2 (3DS VC) - €1.99 / £1.79 until April 30
    3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from April 30-May 7
    Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (3DS eShop) - €4.89/ £4.39 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby's Block Ball (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 from April 30-May 7
    Kirby Star Stacker (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 from April 30-May 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.29 from April 30-May 7
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until May 7
    KORM M01D (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until May 7
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until May 7
    Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 7
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until May 7
    Murder on the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until May 7
    Joindots (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until May 7
    Angry Birds Star Wars (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 from April 30-May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 from April 30-May 13
    Moshi Monsters Moshlings Thme Park (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 from April 30-May 13
    Spongebob Heropants (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 from April 30-May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 from April 30-May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 from April 30-May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 from April 30-May 13
    Transformers Prime (3DS - €19.99 / £14.99 from April 30-May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 from April 30-May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 from April 30-May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 from April 30-May 13
    Art of Balance (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 from April 30-May 21
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.87 from April 30-May 21
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 from April 30-May 21
    Nano Assault EX (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 from April 30-May 21
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Amiibo Touch & Play lets you unlock several timed "highlights" from classic NES/SNES games by tapping an Amiibo; there are several "highlights" per game but the games you get are randomly selected for each amiibo, so there's no guaranteeing a particular game from a particular figure. There are 30 eligible games, including pretty much everything from NES Remix 1/2 and a bunch of top-tier SNES games, and also Mach Rider because I guess they pulled Urban Champion at the last second.

Sin & Punishment 2 can be played using the gamepad but you'll probably have more fun with wiimote/nunchuk controls as the pointer makes things a lot easier.

Note this week's Kirby sales: eight games across both platforms, including most of the spin-offs.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I'll corroborate with the comment on S&P2 and say that it feels like one of the few games that was designed with the wiimote + nunchuck first and foremost. From what I played with the classic controller, it felt really stiff and imprecise.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kirby Pinball for £1.34 is a sweet loving deal

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
How much are you actually saving on Rainbow Paintbrush if you only buy, say, Kirby's Adventure NES?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Szmitten posted:

How much are you actually saving on Rainbow Paintbrush if you only buy, say, Kirby's Adventure NES?

It's a 10% discount on RRP, so 3.99EUR / 3.59GBP, no matter which Kirby game you buy (or already own).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Basically, you are getting a VC game for "free".

Any news on FlipNote in Europe? The only thing I remember hearing was that it would be offered for free when the Club Nintendo replacement showed up, except Americans have had it for some months now? Shibata's decisions are weird.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
SmileBoom has put up the results video for the 3rd Puchikon Daiki (the one for SmileBASIC on the 3DS).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Yeah, in the Japanese version there is a new Impact song but it's straight up removed in the English version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6arYwxCZg

I don't understand. This exact song is in my NA version of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. The cinematic and Impact's design are different though.