Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I don't see how you can ban someone for only abusing their boneheaded mistake a bit versus someone who really goes for it hammer and tongs, but I am not going to slag off Lisandra in general - he has been too good to me.

I have actually been doing some "retro raids" recently. I did Plane of Time up until the 4th phase the other day, but I couldn't really do it alone with the bloody Fabled mobs up and a few guildmates came with me. There is an item I quite want from Tallon Zek, but of course the bastard didn't drop it. I don't like bothering people just to help me get a useful click item, so I might wait until this Fabled business is over and have a go on my own. A level 70 raid mob is a far cry from a level 90, after all.

I have also been farming East ToV with my bard because the click on the bard Velious BP is very handy. I think that I have a full set of Velious plate now apart from the damned chest. It isn't hard in the slightest, I just hate battling with the RNG. Even if I do get it to drop, I am not sure where I am going to get Flawless Diamonds for the rest of the quest since nobody does anything in Velious these days...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

So the reason according to general didnt get unbanned is because he got almost two dozen free accounts and loaded 500 sc on all of them and bought 500 LON packs on each and then sent them all to his main

Theres like no level of deniability there, what a idiot

Do you know of anyone besides lisandra who is still banned?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Am I right in assuming Test needs warriors and clerics? I'm really fine with gearing up any class, especially if Krono is only like $8.

si
Apr 26, 2004
Test needs like a couple hundred players who care. You're not gonna solve much with 3-4 people regardless of class. Pick what you wanna play or what suits you best, cause chances are you're going to be playing solo most of the time. There's very little grouping/etc - most people are there to box solo.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
How many people are needed for raids now? like 20? 40?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

si posted:

Test needs like a couple hundred players who care. You're not gonna solve much with 3-4 people regardless of class. Pick what you wanna play or what suits you best, cause chances are you're going to be playing solo most of the time. There's very little grouping/etc - most people are there to box solo.

Only a mild exaggeration at most, I am sad to say. I was talking to an officer in the closest thing that Test has to a raiding guild, and according to him there was an active raiding guild doing T1 and T2 content in both RoF and CotF before TDS. Once TDS came out and Test did not get it for free, many of the serious raiders left. Last night was a designated raiding night and we had such a poor turnout that we could not even do Velishan, and we have done her at least 8 times with no issues since I joined a few months ago. We actually had enough clerics and tanks, just no DPS. I was the only enchanter, as always, but I basically can't DPS Velishan because she spends at least 2/3 of the fight immune to magic. If I try to nuke through her Scales of Magic she goes berserk and starts hitting for thrice her normal damage. I just try to get Tash/Slow/Cripple/Mental Contortion on her, then I chain mitigate the tank with Auspice/Rune to try and help out the healers. When she goes into a mode where she is vulnerable to magic, I burn on her, but that never lasts more than 20 seconds or so before she goes back into Scales of Magic. We only had 18 people last night and some of them were so green (or possibly just oblivious) that they burned right through her shields and she gutted the entire raid. It was embarrassing, I hate to say.

FranktheBank posted:

Am I right in assuming Test needs warriors and clerics? I'm really fine with gearing up any class, especially if Krono is only like $8.

Almost nobody mains cleric or warrior (or enchanter) these days, but a lot of people have one for raiding. That kind of reflects on bad game design in my opinion, but that is how it is. As Si said, though, it is really just a lack of numbers and/or interest. There is no reason *not* to raid on Test, and it is in fact much easier to get raid-ready on Test than on Live. People just don't think of Test as a proper server and so they don't play "seriously" there. People act like Test will be purged on any given day, but the last wipe on Test was over 11 years ago and everyone was allowed to move to a Live server for free.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Please don't go the test with the intention of raiding. If you want to raid, go to a live server. Raid guilds need a good population to pull from, and test was having a hard enough time with recruiting when everything was free. TDS requiring money wrecked their already tiny pool of raiders. While most live servers are going to have 3-6 guilds/groups doing cotf/tds raids. They have established leaders/players and aren't trying to scrape together any bodies to hit the bare minimums on killing poo poo.

Current raid size is 54, some of the easier raids can be done with around 30. Anything that's doable with 18 or less is dropping loot worse than group gear.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Please don't go the test with the intention of raiding. If you want to raid, go to a live server.

The issue here is getting the time to get up to speed. I would be starting from scratch (well I could probably just hero someone, since the account has oodles of SC).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

FranktheBank posted:

The issue here is getting the time to get up to speed. I would be starting from scratch (well I could probably just hero someone, since the account has oodles of SC).

That was one of my points. It is far, far easier, due to the exp. bonus, unlimited potions, the fact that everyone has Lesson and the raid-copy system, to get raid-geared on Test than any other server - people just don't go there. I have had some people who are raid enthusiasts talk about going back to Live to raid seriously... I can't blame them, but it would be so much faster if people would just raid on Test. The reason that people do not raid on Test is because, well, nobody raids on Test. Simple as that. Server merges seem highly likely within the next year, but Test won't be touched by those. I honestly doubt that I could commit the time to be in a hard-core raiding guild, but it makes me sad to not be able to see the content.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

Going from HC to raider is mostly about the levels and AAs that aren't autogranted. Without any social connections, it should be 1-2 months to get up to speed enough to get into a mid tier raiding guild.

Gearing up is mostly about augs and getting group armor good enough to not explode to every AE. All the armor is going to get replaced by raid drops anyways, so it's not a big deal. Exactly how much time needs to be spent on augs depends on the class. Tanks will have it the hardest, everyone else can get by with lower aug expectations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Wait, how do you get unlimited potions on test?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

hamsystem posted:

Wait, how do you get unlimited potions on test?

Experience potions that are tradable can be copied from Live ad infinitum. They don't just grow on trees or anything.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Sorry for the two posts consecutively, but I saw something interesting in the patch notes - I think that this is still on Test only. Apparently they tightened up advanced looting, but they also made more changes to help make 1.0s less fuckupbale by farmers. Firstly, they expanded the mobs that have "Harbingers" that just drop epic bits: There is now one in the Dreadlands (Gorenaire for the bard 1.0), Skyfire (Talendor for the Bard/Warrior 1.0s), and Kedge (Bard, Wizard, Mage, and probably another I am forgetting). They also made it so that you can MQ the old epic drops again and can apparently convert with a click the new ones to the old ones.

I wish that they would expand the Fear harbinger for maybe bards but definitely enchanters. I have my 1.0, but finding the Wraith of a Shissar up is a huge pain.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

jetz0r posted:

Do you know of anyone besides lisandra who is still banned?

Nope and it is :lol: because that guy couldnt last more than an hour in gen chat without pretending like he was besties with all the GMs and devs

Starting with just one SK now is so relaxing. Slow as hell but relaxing

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Nope and it is :lol: because that guy couldnt last more than an hour in gen chat without pretending like he was besties with all the GMs and devs

Starting with just one SK now is so relaxing. Slow as hell but relaxing

If they singled that guy out then laughing my butt off. He's been loving annoying as long as I've known him. I wish we could get some confirmation on if he really did make 20 accounts and bought thousands of LoN packs.

Jerny
Apr 6, 2015

Is Everquest II any good? I'm trying to decide which one to download and which is best for RP.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
It was ok when I played it. All the things that made EQ unique, it lost though; no kiting, no weird old tricks to pull off.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Need some tribute stuff explained, never messed around with it until now. What I think is there are 3 kinds of tribute, regular tribute, trophy and then guild trophy? They all act independent of each other? Regular tribute master only has whats on him, you cant discover or unlock any extra things on him? And you can have 5 regular tributes going at a time?

Trophy tribute is max of 4 active unless you do some achievement or something to unlock a 5th active? Does guild work the same?

What are considered the best regular tribute, regular trophy and guild trophy to use for an SK? I missed that Golden Helm from the anniversary mission unfortunately, was supposed to be really good

dijital you answered some of these before but for some resaon /log wasnt turned on :argh:

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 24, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Need some tribute stuff explained, never messed around with it until now. What I think is there are 3 kinds of tribute, regular tribute, trophy and then guild trophy? They all act independent of each other? Regular tribute master only has whats on him, you cant discover or unlock any extra things on him? And you can have as many regular tributes going as you want?

Trophy tribute is max of 3 active unless you do some achievement or something to unlock a 4th active? Does guild work the same?

What are considered the best regular tribute, regular trophy and guild trophy to use for an SK? I missed that Golden Helm from the anniversary mission unfortunately, was supposed to be really good

dijital you answered some of these before but for some resaon /log wasnt turned on :argh:

Personal tribute, personal trophies, guild tribute, guild trophies.

Each has a limited number of active effects. You can raise the number of personal trophies with some reward AAs.

Tribute is a hidden augment for stacking purposes, which doesn't mean much since most of them are just stat bonuses.

Best ones for a tank are gonna be the normal tank things, AC, hps, hdex/hagi if they get you to another 25 cluster, flurry, maybe SD/HA to make taps a bit better.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Cool, got the personal ones figured out but trophy guides or lists seem really out of date unless its another thing SOE abandoned after two expansions. You happen to know the name of the good SK/tank trophies or even just the zone you get them in and I can search allla for the rest?

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Trophies

Also using this list but doesnt go past ROF?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Cool, got the personal ones figured out but trophy guides or lists seem really out of date unless its another thing SOE abandoned after two expansions. You happen to know the name of the good SK/tank trophies or even just the zone you get them in and I can search allla for the rest?

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Trophies

Also using this list but doesnt go past ROF?

There are newer trophies past RoF, seafarer and qeynos claymore are good recent ones. Talendor trophy from LoN is good, and I bet you have some loot to trade for one. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=trophy turns up most of them, plus all the augs that give the effects. Maybe magelo has a better search to find them.

They did slow down on trophies, either because they got lazy or didn't want to give everyone who did progression 5x their limit in trophies every expansion. Now they're more along the lines of a capstone or special rewards.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 24, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You'll probably want the AC and twincast guild trophies the most.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

8 days of 150% xp starting today, they should just increase the base xp at this point

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Daybreak is so great! They give us bonus experience ALL THE loving TIME. It's a coating of glitter on top of a pile of poo poo.

si
Apr 26, 2004
You guys will literally complain about anything they do, won't you?

"They gave everyone 10 free 100% xp potions and 500AAs!" "gently caress YOU DAYBREAK!"

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
The whole game is pretty much ez mode anyhow these days. Exp?!?

If you didn't have to deal with:

1. Your group having to kill each other before heading into Sebilis.
2. Camping out/back in immediately after passing through the first door.
3. Dealing with frogs that fled at 40 percent with bugged warp speed.

4. Camping out to the chat server to figure out how you were going to get your corpses out of fearplane, which consisted of the entire server pop that was over 46 (no one knew poo poo), with some folks killing ogre guards in their CR gear, to get lvl 46 back, just to loving try. Cazic aggro? poo poo poo poo poo poo the Amy temple is coming right for us from across the zone, camp camp camp!!!

You can get right the gently caress off my lawn. :corsair:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'll never forget my friend who bound himself near something that aggroed immediately to him, and got drunk as a 50 Magician and woke hours later as a 45 magician.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Medullah posted:

I'll never forget my friend who bound himself near something that aggroed immediately to him, and got drunk as a 50 Magician and woke hours later as a 45 magician.

Bind deaths!! Goooood times right there.

One raid would clear Fire Giants, another would attempt Naggy. lvl's 44+ all welcome!

Everyone that could, would bind in the Naggy 'prep room'. Also... a four giant spawn room. :)

Fire Giant raid finished up oh... 7 hours before the Naggy attempt (we didn't know that). What could... go wrong??

Naked casters, pulling the wire from their PC's, joining #Brell Naggy chat room, alts broadcasting in /ooc 'Uh, hey I'm a lvI 12 ranger, and I need to form a FG raid please', knowing there were only so many 40+ 'high levels' on the server and most were dead/naked in that room. Naked PC/NPC corpses lasted what, 6 minutes?

It would still be a few months before the Summon Corpse spell was put in the game... :downs:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Herv posted:

It would still be a few months before the Summon Corpse spell was put in the game... :downs:

And even longer if you needed it on Rallos Zek, because for the first ~3 months you wanted that spell, you were buying it from me. I had a timer for the Ishva and had my necro camped next to him, so i was pretty much the only one who killed him for a while. I made a fortune.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Hearing all of the above just makes me think: "Thank all the Gods of Online Gaming that bullshit like that doesn't happen anymore, and we can actually have fun."

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I am glad I was there for it to be honest. Nothing quite like it, and it will never happen again because it just can't.

The six wizard epics per server per year, well yah that was just retarded design. Harsh game world? That I didn't mind, fearplane was respected and when all the class armor still dropped there (no hateplane yet) it was a server effort, a community if you will. Cool folks, shitheads, we all had to go in as a team and play as a team.

si
Apr 26, 2004
To be fair, it's based very closely on a MUD, so it's almost exactly like it, and it's still there, so you can go play it in text form any time you want. The mud version is still just as brutal.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

si posted:

To be fair, it's based very closely on a MUD, so it's almost exactly like it, and it's still there, so you can go play it in text form any time you want. The mud version is still just as brutal.
I like to think back to the early years and laugh/smile. So many things came together at that point in time it would be unreasonable to expect them again. We just talk about it instead on the RR forums.

Medullah posted:

And even longer if you needed it on Rallos Zek, because for the first ~3 months you wanted that spell, you were buying it from me.

Sounds fair, if they want the contested spawn and can't get it, they can camp something else for the plat to buy it.

--
I thought I would never play EQ past PoP as the game has changed so much they might as well rename it.
But I am back in and having fun, though just in a different way. The game seems less charismatic and more cookie cutter but it's still fun going through the group progression. I had a top 10 raid geared wizard back in 2002 so there is no need to play the raid game anymore for me. I will probably only last another month at best.

Jeff, fun is a subjective term, but being forced to group with the best, and be on your A game was a pretty amazing thing to happen and we all felt overwhelming accomplishment when we 'won' at whatever we were trying. EQ was not a chat-room with avatars for us.

Single grouping the myconid king was unheard of at one point, just for an example. It took everything we had, and we had to figure it out on our own. poo poo like that spread like a legend. Of course that and a fiver will get me a coffee at starbux.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

I like to think back to the early years and laugh/smile. So many things came together at that point in time it would be unreasonable to expect them again. We just talk about it instead on the RR forums.

Sounds fair, if they want the contested spawn and can't get it, they can camp something else for the plat to buy it.

--
I thought I would never play EQ past PoP as the game has changed so much they might as well rename it.
But I am back in and having fun, though just in a different way. The game seems less charismatic and more cookie cutter but it's still fun going through the group progression. I had a top 10 raid geared wizard back in 2002 so there is no need to play the raid game anymore for me. I will probably only last another month at best.

Jeff, fun is a subjective term, but being forced to group with the best, and be on your A game was a pretty amazing thing to happen and we all felt overwhelming accomplishment when we 'won' at whatever we were trying. EQ was not a chat-room with avatars for us.

Single grouping the myconid king was unheard of at one point, just for an example. It took everything we had, and we had to figure it out on our own. poo poo like that spread like a legend. Of course that and a fiver will get me a coffee at starbux.

You see, Herv, I did not feel that way. A lot of my "accomplishments" in that game just made me feel "loving finally"... I didn't feel good, or happy, just glad it was over. If you enjoyed it, fine, but I thin that a lot of the nostalgia is because people relate it to a happier time. I still think that early EQ was a hateful, poorly-made game, but it was so epic, so original, so amazing that people forgave that, by and large. I myself kind of like the idea of EQ when it was simpler, but I could not stand to go back to the incredibly slow leveling, hell levels, huge penalties for death, no fast regen etc

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JustJeff88 posted:

You see, Herv, I did not feel that way. A lot of my "accomplishments" in that game just made me feel "loving finally"... I didn't feel good, or happy, just glad it was over. If you enjoyed it, fine, but I thin that a lot of the nostalgia is because people relate it to a happier time. I still think that early EQ was a hateful, poorly-made game, but it was so epic, so original, so amazing that people forgave that, by and large. I myself kind of like the idea of EQ when it was simpler, but I could not stand to go back to the incredibly slow leveling, hell levels, huge penalties for death, no fast regen etc

Yep no problem at all. I chose my words carefully, its a subjective thing.

When did you start playing EQ, just curious.

Nothing I can type in a quick forum can capture the feeling and experience fully.

I have said many times, a bad day of eq you were better just laying your nutsack on the keyboard and smashing it with a hammer. That 's the lows, but the highs were like crack.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I have to share this gem from eqlive.

"yellowbelly posted:

It would be impossible to explain in a simple forum post but if you want to go down the rabbit hole I suggest researching Albert Pike and his revelation about eye symbolism. Let's just say it's a safe bet Smedly and the "higher ups" at Columbus Nova are into freemasonry.

Herv posted:

I have said many times, a bad day of eq you were better just laying your nutsack on the keyboard and smashing it with a hammer. That 's the lows, but the highs were like crack.

Old EQ is something can never be recreated. It was incredibly slow and hateful. All that lead to some intense situations that made good memories, but I wouldn't want to play a game with such terrible mechanics or design now.

FFS, it was a game where I had to have other games to play or books to read while I was playing it. There's still plenty of thrill to be had from from getting poo poo done that no one else can do, but sitting around and getting 4 kills every 27 minutes has no part in that.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Outside of whatever discussion is above.

New TLP Beta server around 2 weeks from now.

Going live around beginning of June.

From today's stream.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

Yep no problem at all. I chose my words carefully, its a subjective thing.

When did you start playing EQ, just curious.

Nothing I can type in a quick forum can capture the feeling and experience fully.

I started almost immediately after Kunark came out. I confess that I am somewhat bitter because I played a class that was little valued then, and I may have had a different experience had I played another. Now, I play an enchanter, which are very fun but not nearly so vital as they once were.

jetz0r posted:

Old EQ is something can never be recreated. It was incredibly slow and hateful. All that lead to some intense situations that made good memories, but I wouldn't want to play a game with such terrible mechanics or design now.

FFS, it was a game where I had to have other games to play or books to read while I was playing it. There's still plenty of thrill to be had from from getting poo poo done that no one else can do, but sitting around and getting 4 kills every 27 minutes has no part in that.

Another thing that happened is that, simply put, the gamers grew up. People could do that huge time sink back then because it was young people, students, that sort of thing. Now, the gaming demographic is much older and those people have children and spouses and serious jobs. EQ is still incredibly grindy because, in lieu of innovation, they just kept stacking layers and layers of levels and AA on top of each other, but since a lot of today's players played back in classic when the pace of advancement was glacially slow, it is better than it was and thus, by comparison, it seems less harsh. EQ does a much better job now of making people feel satisfied with incremental gain of levels and AA. I know that this is so much blasphemy, but I still think that WoW, for me, did a better job of making me enjoy the journey and not just the destination.

On another note, I have been trying to get some items in modern EQ recently, and one thing I still hate about EQ is that so much of it is fighting the RNG for drops, but that is a discussion for another time.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

A large bulk of EQ's difficulty is the RNG. Well that's most MMOs before and now even actually.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

jetz0r posted:

I have to share this gem from eqlive.

I am not here to debate the aspects of EQ in 1999-2000 (for better or worse). You were there from what I gather, you had a 99 druid iirc, so you know the deal. I have a 99 wiz, dru. And a bunch of 2000 characters, still pull them out of the toy box every couple of years.

There were tons of problems with the game, that is agreed. Most of my grouping was on the edge of the seat kind of thing. I was exclusively a dungeon crawler, that was my deal. The more timid folks planted their asses on the walls outside karnors and I don't judge them, their fun is their fun. We died, we died a lot, but were still some of the first 60's on Brell. We were able to get drops that were removed from the zone and moved/changed, to VP. (Blade of the something or other dragon eye, for one), and we could camp out in the crypt before they changed it.

In gchat, we were discussing strategy, the tactics to support it and medding furiously to get ready to proceed and what was coming up next.. Ok and some cyber. We all had to know our classes inside and out, have a solid understanding of the classes we were grouped with, and most importantly how we were going to leverage the group setup to our advantage for our chosen adventure.

Bringing along a dungeon newbie was always a risk to our seasoned group.

'Hey guys! I got my charasis/seb key! Take me along I can handle it.
--OK sounds good, but if you choke in a hairy moment its going to be a CR on top of the three hours we are looking at.
--Oh, and you do have another key, right? Just in case there is a wipe at King/Juggs (seb) or South/East wing in Charasis? You will need another key...

Blink... gently caress! Ok catch you guys later...gonna take a Karnors group and plant my rear end in a corner.

The sight of a naked/cr gear high level in trak teeth trying desperately to get another key wasn't that rare back then. Not for a rez, just to get their poo poo back.

I know the 27 min thing was a bit of an exaggeration but yes there is some truth to that. Fights were about 3-4 mins, and dungeon respawn rates were +/- 28 mins so we wouldn't have gotten anywhere at that metric. The way back then was to let the melee's kill it and keep mana in reserve to support that tactic, and keep the cleric alive, otherwise we would have gotten nowhere. Even with the 10 percent mana preservation you got from a maxed specialization wasn't that much of an advantage. PoP fixed that with SCM that stacked with specialization.

Having said that I am just a common noob trying to learn about modern EQ, I like that, a little wonder is back. And holy gently caress the AA listing is a mini novel :)

JustJeff88 posted:

Now, I play an enchanter, which are very fun but not nearly so vital as they once were.
Great class if you can charm. I charmed one up from lvl 12 to max level (at the time on live and MAC). There's nothing like it as long as you can handle the eventual break before you get vaped. . Best DPS in the game at the time too. I still charm adds with him, but charms are pretty gimp nowadays from that I have seen. No more x4 time damage. :( Buff/Mez bot, gently caress that, get someone else.