Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
What is the card to the right of Penguin Soldier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

friendlyNeurotoxin posted:

What is the card to the right of Penguin Soldier?

Cyber Valley. It can be a monster version of Negate Attack or a 2-for-2 draw. I'm surprised there's no Gorz or Tragoedia.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What is the final spell? I recognize everything else.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 27, 2015

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Senerio posted:

What is the final spell? I recognize everything else.

Messenger of Peace

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Is the winning condition "my opponent flips the table and attempts to choke me, thus being disqualified according to tournament rules"?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i keep winning with shaddoll sworn, i thought the deck was garbage so i guess i should make something less consistent.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Hey Thermo, try tossing in some Watts with that stuff and see how mad your opponent gets.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Is the winning condition "my opponent flips the table and attempts to choke me, thus being disqualified according to tournament rules"?

Probably! :v: I don't have the physical version and mostly just use it on DevPro and YGO Pro.

Slur posted:

Hey Thermo, try tossing in some Watts with that stuff and see how mad your opponent gets.

Oh my God those cards sound amazing. On their own, they just seem mildly annoying but added to this deck, it just seems cruel and unusual. And amazing.

Must try this.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
We're going to the Eggo Dimension to get a fresh plate of smiles.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Dennis is the worst spy, news at 11. Also Reiji sucks at secrets, Yuya has Eago World, and everyone is against bringing the 9 year old.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I approve of Reiji channeling his inner Sun Tzu.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

He took two of every animal and beat them into submission?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Onmi posted:

Dennis is the worst spy, news at 11. Also Reiji sucks at secrets, Yuya has Eago World, and everyone is against bringing the 9 year old.

I'm beginning to become extremely intolerant of the main cast's level of stupidity, whether it's not catching Dennis for being a spy despite his obvious tells, nobody being able to recognize the difference in between body types and hair colors, talking with one another while a clear war criminal is there in front of them, 7 of them not being able to take down 3 mooks, etc.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Slur posted:

I'm beginning to become extremely intolerant of the main cast's level of stupidity, whether it's not catching Dennis for being a spy despite his obvious tells, nobody being able to recognize the difference in between body types and hair colors, talking with one another while a clear war criminal is there in front of them, 7 of them not being able to take down 3 mooks, etc.

I think the whole different hair and body types are just for the benefit of the audience, and that they look identical to the characters in universe. I agree about the whole 7v3 fight, it didnt make much sense and only really served to show the lancers teaming up for the first time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's silly for us, but if you saw someone every day of your life and suddenly they had different hair, I don't think you'd see them as a different person. An eyebrow raiser for sure, but they're supposed to look exactly the same.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

Guess he skipped the chapter about treating your men well. :v:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Quincytbb posted:

I think the whole different hair and body types are just for the benefit of the audience, and that they look identical to the characters in universe.

Oh, that'd make the most sense.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Momomo posted:

It's silly for us, but if you saw someone every day of your life and suddenly they had different hair, I don't think you'd see them as a different person. An eyebrow raiser for sure, but they're supposed to look exactly the same.

The character designers failed in doing their job, then.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The final Burning Abyss support is kind of underwhelming

quote:

Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Level 3
DARK
Fiend/Effect
1700 ATK / 1000 DEF
If you control a monster that is not a “Burning Abyss” monster, destroy this card. You can only use 1 of the following effects of “Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss” per turn, and only once that turn.
● If you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
● If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target up to 3 “Burning Abyss” cards in your Graveyard, except “Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss”; banish them, and if you do, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each.

Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Level 3
DARK
Fiend/Effect
1100 ATK / 900 DEF
If you control a monster that is not a “Burning Abyss” monster, destroy this card. You can only use 1 of the following effects of “Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss” per turn, and only once that turn.
● If you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
● If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can choose 1 “Burning Abyss” card from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck.

The Terminus of the Burning Abyss
Normal Spell
Fusion Summon 1 “Burning Abyss” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Burning Abyss” monster on the field; it gains 800 ATK and DEF until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss
Level 9
LIGHT
Fusion/Fairy/Effect
2800 ATK / 2500 DEF
3 “Burning Abyss” monsters with different names
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effects. Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can send 1 “Burning Abyss” card from your hand to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, or if this card you control is sent to your Graveyard by an opponent’s card effect: You can send 1 random card from your opponent’s hand to the Graveyard.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pilgrim Dante is kinda sweet actually.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I mean, those ARE good cards but are more like fluff at this point, not apporting nothing really game-changing to the already solid BA's game plan

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im playing devil's advocate here (a hurr hurr), barbar is good for running at one.
Since he's a one card cowboy+100dmg and can contribute to Pilgrim's '3 of diff name ' requirement.

But hey at least we know that burning abyss isnt going to come back with more support.
We can all agree though this archetype has some sweet art.

(inb4 Beatrice win condition card with Sophia-like summon conditions)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 28, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(inb4 Beatrice win condition card with Sophia-like summon conditions)

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case with the innevitable BA's boxset. Beatrice looks pretty cool at least.

Wonder what will be the next TCG exclusive archetype?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Burning Abyss can now completely summon Sophia.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wonder what will be the next TCG exclusive archetype?

Scientology based cards.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reading the original article on the YGO blog:

quote:

What’s next for Dante? No one who knows is telling.

I'm gonna be pissed if is the purgatory section of the Divine Comedy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm annoyed that the BA stuff was mostly limited to just the Malebranches. There's so much to draw from in the Inferno, they could have done something a bit more.

(Still annoyed that BURNING Abyss is a mostly Dark archetype too. :argh:)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Slur posted:

The character designers failed in doing their job, then.

Well I mean, you could say this about drat near any anime, and there are multiple times where they say they have the same face. I think it comes with the territory that you're just supposed to buy that.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

When BA are as good as they are it's kinda hard for Konami to introduce new stuff that makes them better. I'm not surprised the only real good card is the fusion monster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

When BA are as good as they are it's kinda hard for Konami to introduce new stuff that makes them better. I'm not surprised the only real good card is the fusion monster.

Dedicated BA players are bitching non stop about the Pilgrim requiring so much resources for a lackluster effect on the current meta.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Momomo posted:

Well I mean, you could say this about drat near any anime, and there are multiple times where they say they have the same face. I think it comes with the territory that you're just supposed to buy that.

The show kept overlaying the faces of Yuya/Yuto and Yuzu/Selena and, aside from their hair accounting for like half of said face, it's obvious that they have the same features. Not that there's a huge variety in facial features for the main cast but complaining is pedantic at this point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like Barbar because it's kind of a much easier to use Gagaga Cowboy. I can definitely see it being the difference between ending the duel now and having to give your opponent one more turn. Draghig's a solid tutor and the hand refreshing and effect triggering of Pilgrim is awesome.

The only one I think is kinda underwhelming is Terminus' banish effect. I'm not familiar with the rest of BA's gameplan, but they seem like great additions to me.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dedicated BA players are bitching non stop about the Pilgrim requiring so much resources for a lackluster effect on the current meta.

Dedicated BA players are gonna whine forever until BA is the top deck again.

vv basically vv

Skull Servant fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 28, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cabinet posted:

Dedicated [top tier deck] players are gonna whine forever until [their favorite deck] is the top deck again.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'd like some Karakuri support, thank you

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
I went over the genex cards and it's amazing how hard they tried to make sure the cards do not have synergy with each other. Stuff like Windmill being a 1600 4 star spellcaster who can't become Vindikite.

edit: by windmill i mean blastfan,

stoutfish fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 29, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

alcharagia posted:

I'd like some Karakuri support, thank you

Karakuri had support in Geargia :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Their turns never end.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I actually knew a dude who would only run a 60 card Karakuri deck. After a year of not seeing him, we met up at a regionals. He managed to cut the deck down to 48 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cabinet posted:

my karakuri deck runs gear gigant x so i suppose you're right