Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

GOOGLE!!!!

im logged into youtube and i can click add to favorites under a video and itll select my pseudonymous acct but when i then try to go to "my account" it sends me to my real name account which has no favorites. its impossible to select the one with the favorites

why must it be so hard

so that you're forced to use your real name to call people "kike friend of the family faggots" in comments

and also to tie your usage statistics to your actual identity. 2 birds one cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beeftweeter posted:

so that you're forced to use your real name to call people "kike friend of the family faggots" in comments

all that metric poo poo they can do behind the scenes without making GBS threads on the user

i figured it out though: turns out you have to go to youtube settings > See all my channels or create a new channel > then you can select your weird shamefetish bookmark account again. clicking on the account in the dropdown with the youtube settings button reloads the page but does nothing.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you used to be able to access your mobile bookmarks on the desktop chrome but I cant see it now :argh:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Management posted:

everything google gets shitted up with features and rearrangement until it becomes terrible. it feels like there's no one there to tell the engineers when to stop

maybe they just are desperately trying to redesign everything continuously hoping that this time money will come pouring out?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i deleted the mobile client off my phone because i dont have time for that poo poo

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

UGH I just upgraded my phone for the first time in forever and turns out Google Apps for custom domains is not only deprecated, but my grandfathered-in free account specifically will not allow any new devices to be set up to use all the EAS poo poo, and instead I have to use IMAP like a fuckin plebe

Linguica fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 25, 2015

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sounds like...

...u got scroogled

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Valeyard posted:

you used to be able to access your mobile bookmarks on the desktop chrome but I cant see it now :argh:

you cant without flipping the flag back this i know

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Linguica posted:

UGH I just upgraded my phone for the first time in forever and turns out Google Apps for custom domains is not only deprecated, but my grandfathered-in free account specifically will not allow any new devices to be set up to use all the EAS poo poo, and instead I have to use IMAP like a fuckin plebe

lol welcome to 3 years ago

its why i use the gmail app now which i hate :sigh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

is this a google thing? every time i log in on the web interface it wont show two folder names:

guess which ones they are. spoiler: facebook & twitter. now why are they the only folders that wont show? makes u think

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

then you can select your weird shamefetish bookmark account again.

so you're into asmr huh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Blue Train posted:

so you're into asmr huh

arschmodisch reden ?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

everything google gets shitted up with features and rearrangement until it becomes terrible. it feels like there's no one there to tell the engineers when to stop

someone like....the management?!?? :xd:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Beeftweeter posted:

its actually to make it look like someones using google+

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
hey, remember when your friend sent you a link to an amsr video a couple of months ago that you thought was dumb and closed after a few seconds?

well, you totally should check out this amsr video after finishing this video which has nothing to do with amsr

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

rest in piss

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-28/rivals-are-gaining-on-youtube

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the fact that their viewership (using strictly desktop computers) is only marginally less than 2 years ago isnt surprising, its likely to be all mobile traffic now -

" YouTube is still holding its own on mobile, which makes up about half of its global viewership." they

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

YouTube apps and website are extremely awful. i still have a weird, dead siamese twin google+ account hanging out below my profile in the menu for god's sake. its really only a matter of time

ufarn
May 30, 2009
a bunch of people stealing videos and putting them on Facebook, though

gonna be fun to issue takedown notices to friggin Facebook

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
instead of giving your patents to a patent holding company, just give them to us

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/04/27/google-to-disarm-trolls-by-buying-patents-before-they-become-weapons/

we'll hold them for you :shepface:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
we totally wont use them against anyone. pinky swear

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Beeftweeter posted:

instead of giving your patents to a patent holding company, just give them to us

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/04/27/google-to-disarm-trolls-by-buying-patents-before-they-become-weapons/

we'll hold them for you :shepface:
:nsa:

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
number one on Google's list of ten things we know to be true is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wheany posted:

hey, remember when your friend sent you a link to an amsr video a couple of months ago that you thought was dumb and closed after a few seconds?

well, you totally should check out this amsr video after finishing this video which has nothing to do with amsr

yospos has absolutely ruined recommended videos for me

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
just open rando youtube videos in an incognito window, it isn't difficult

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you unit test everything and all the pieces work then once you hook them up it will also work

it's the "if you can work for 5 minutes without making any mistakes just do that for 8 hours" management theory

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

anthonypants posted:

just open rando youtube videos in an incognito window, it isn't difficult

it's honestly funnier to see youtube try to shove gamergate and SS marschlied videos at me because i went on a toy skull spotting spree

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've been getting "Re-Learning Math with Scott Flansburg, the Human Calculator (Part 1)" for like 3 months in recommended, I mostly use youtube for listening to ancient rave tapes

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if you spend 5 horrible minutes on reddit you'll find the way they share videos now is through imgur's gifv/html5/mp4 video thingy

mostly with video games clips or other audio-free stuff, but they can be pretty long. stuff you'd have to put on youtube before.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

cpc will go down every year because display ads are trash

what are display ads

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

PleasureKevin posted:

if you spend 5 horrible minutes on reddit you'll find the way they share videos now is through imgur's gifv/html5/mp4 video thingy

mostly with video games clips or other audio-free stuff, but they can be pretty long. stuff you'd have to put on youtube before.

can you upload videos or do you have to use gifs as source?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Wheany posted:

gfycat.com

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i signed up for a US amazon prime account using Tom Green's address in Cali

worked lol

Wheany posted:

videos

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I dropped an MP4 and a mov on imgur last week and it didn't do poo poo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ShadowHawk posted:

what are display ads

yahoo posted:

Display advertising is graphical advertising on the World Wide Web that appears next to content on web pages, IM applications, email, etc. These ads, often referred to as banners, come in standardized ad sizes, and can include text, logos, pictures, or more recently, rich media.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Err so what ads aren't display ads other than embedded video stuff?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Do sponsored search results count as display ads?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Natural advertising. eg. the verge

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Do sponsored search results count as display ads?

search ads are very different

google's search ad business grows every year, because search ads are good and useful to both users and advertisers

google's display ad business shrinks every year, because display ads are a practical joke on the entire industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ShadowHawk posted:

search ads
email marketing
tv commercials inline with video content

• Locked thread