Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

dominoeffect posted:

What's the story behind this post?

In a bid to promote the game, one of the developers took to doing a live stream called "Zero to Fifty" in which he would level a character from start to finish. However the developer playing didn't live up to the standards expected of such a HAARRDCOOOOORE gaming community so they kept shitpanning it. Now they're pulling the plug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that the WildStar forums are giving me a privacy warning. I don't know why, but that just feels right.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

i am tim! posted:

In a bid to promote the game, one of the developers took to doing a live stream called "Zero to Fifty" in which he would level a character from start to finish. However the developer playing didn't live up to the standards expected of such a HAARRDCOOOOORE gaming community so they kept shitpanning it. Now they're pulling the plug.

Making an official stream so people can watch you repeatedly level MMO characters is already pretty brain damaged. But having to pull it because of technical difficulties? That's exceptional!~

E: Oh even better: the hardcore comment is actually literal :allears:

Minsky
May 23, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

Did the Horde goon guild ever set foot into a raid? I'm pretty sure Space Jam did not.

I think towards the end of the guild's life, the few people left organized a big expedition to track down the few world bosses that weren't bugged (including going into Exile territory to kill theirs), and to contest that PVP Contamination world event that had rotating bosses (because at that point the server was horribly outnumbered to Exile which made doing it any other way impossible), so that people could finish their attunements.

I think in the end there were in theory enough warm bodies such that, ignoring composition, we would have been allowed to enter the raid instance, but by then people had burned out and only like 17 out of 20 showed up on the few nights we did try.

I think we sent some people to go raid with a non-goon guild who were in the same situation of almost being able to experience raid content, but I wouldn't know because I quit to go play a non-hardcore MMO without these problems.

The ridiculous attunement taught me nothing about learning to raid. The interrupt armor circlejerk taught me nothing about learning to raid. What taught me about raiding were: patient raid leaders, boss ability overviews, and consistently being able to actually try the raid on multiple difficulties with roughly the same group of people.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Isn't B&S the game where the character designer is a famous hentai artist?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

AlmightyBob posted:

Yeah, thus the boobs with jiggle physics that put everyone at risk of getting black eyes by running. You can turn that and the baby oil skin off, at least.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

AlmightyBob posted:

He might be, but everyone else who could have told him to do it again with less THIGHS still didn't.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah I can't get around that art design, it's so loving ugly I just can't stand it period. The gameplay doesn't look especially fresh or fun either. Moonlight Blade though, someone tell me this game is coming out in English? :ohdear:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Minsky posted:

I think towards the end of the guild's life, the few people left organized a big expedition to track down the few world bosses that weren't bugged (including going into Exile territory to kill theirs), and to contest that PVP Contamination world event that had rotating bosses (because at that point the server was horribly outnumbered to Exile which made doing it any other way impossible), so that people could finish their attunements.

I think in the end there were in theory enough warm bodies such that, ignoring composition, we would have been allowed to enter the raid instance, but by then people had burned out and only like 17 out of 20 showed up on the few nights we did try.

I think we sent some people to go raid with a non-goon guild who were in the same situation of almost being able to experience raid content, but I wouldn't know because I quit to go play a non-hardcore MMO without these problems.

The ridiculous attunement taught me nothing about learning to raid. The interrupt armor circlejerk taught me nothing about learning to raid. What taught me about raiding were: patient raid leaders, boss ability overviews, and consistently being able to actually try the raid on multiple difficulties with roughly the same group of people.

There were a handful of us that made it to the second floor of GA. Then that guild dissolved too and everyone quit. I think Destoration soldiered on with Zoness' group until they folded too.

I do miss the nights of raid leaders trying to pronounce CubeTwoK's name. Cube Toke, Cube Thwok, Quebbit tee Wok.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah I can't get around that art design, it's so loving ugly I just can't stand it period. The gameplay doesn't look especially fresh or fun either. Moonlight Blade though, someone tell me this game is coming out in English? :ohdear:

I can't wait for wushu 3.0.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

GOTY 2015

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
That gif is simply mesmerizing. I can't stop staring.

At how her arms just clip completely through that bow thing.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Berious posted:

GOTY 2015

Behind Wildstar's re-release, you mean.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

dreffen posted:

Behind Wildstar's re-release, you mean.

Man there would be nothing greater than Carbine going the way of Square Enix by completely remaking their game... only it would still be complete poo poo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

BexGu posted:

It constantly blows my mind how every move Carbine makes is like the complete opposite of Anet and Guild Wars 2.

The opposite of "completely terrible" isn't "bad". :v:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Anatharon posted:

oh you

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Anatharon posted:

hey guys i really hate guild ewars let me tell you all ahbout it forever

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

GW2 is getting an expansion, that's more than wildstar can ever hope for right now.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Anoia posted:

GW2 is getting an expansion, that's more than wildstar can ever hope for right now.

Plus people have actually seen their warplots wvwvw.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Said expansion will probably subsidize Wildstar for the next year.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Bauxite posted:

Plus people have actually seen their warplots wvwvw.

Have you even seeen warplots >_>..

That line on top of the launcher made me chuckle everytime because no...nobody ever saw loving warplots.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Lyer posted:

Said expansion will probably subsidize Wildstar for the next year.

It might be the opposite. Shareholders may see how well NCSoft's other IP is doing and start viewing WS as dead weight.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

VoLaTiLe posted:

That line on top of the launcher made me chuckle everytime because no...nobody ever saw loving warplots.

>_> that face got me, especially now

its like they were so arrogant and thought that warplots were so good.

i was a pvp player in WS. i didn't see them.

Do you know how much time we spent on warplots? >_>

this is what they should have said

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
"Clearly, the game is recovering. Also as clearly, it's not recovering nearly fast enough for everyone. But the recovery is there. New subs are being made every day. New players are stepping foot into the game, and playing long enough to get to Illium and talk in zone chat. And this is the Dominion side. I can only imagine what kind of revival is going on over on the Exiles!"

These people must be seriously deluded.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VoLaTiLe posted:

I saw my warplot. Little known fact, you could teleport straight to your house from your warplot so it could act as a second home hearth for when the primary was on cooldown.

This is the only reason I saw a warplot.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

"Clearly, the game is recovering. Also as clearly, it's not recovering nearly fast enough for everyone. But the recovery is there. New subs are being made every day. New players are stepping foot into the game, and playing long enough to get to Illium and talk in zone chat. And this is the Dominion side. I can only imagine what kind of revival is going on over on the Exiles!"

I like to imagine the person saying this in a slightly manic way that gets more manic and desperate as he goes on, while he holds a mostly-ash cigarette in one shaking hand.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If you missed the "shut up, it's beta, it'll get better" phase of wildstar goons, check out the skyforge thread. It's about the same.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Anoia posted:

If you missed the "shut up, it's beta, it'll get better" phase of wildstar goons, check out the skyforge thread. It's about the same.

No way. The Skyforge thread is about 10x tamer than Wildstar beta was.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

Umm, I'm not sure you're reading the same thread I am.

Xavier434 posted:

No way. The Skyforge thread is about 10x tamer than Wildstar beta was.

:q::hf::q:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

VoLaTiLe posted:

I hate to be the party pooper but Warplots have now been seen. Once, afaik.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I hate to be the party pooper but Warplots have now been seen. Once, afaik.

I know some guilds coordinated a warplot seeing expedition, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened a handful of times. Apparantly they were nigh unplayable due to lag issues.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

goon delusion over bad mmos will continue until the heat death of the universe at which point the void will say 'hey i could use like 250 bucks to make my hardcore pvp voxel mmo' and someone will say 'yeah that sounds good' back

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

mulodyne posted:

goon delusion over bad mmos will continue until the heat death of the universe at which point the void will say 'hey i could use like 250 bucks to make my hardcore pvp voxel mmo' and someone will say 'yeah that sounds good' back

When you stare long into an abyss, the abyss gives you lovely mmos.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

VoLaTiLe posted:

I did a YouTube search and saw one. Looked like an especially lovely PvP map that expected to be propped up by MOBA elements that didn't actually matter.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Unguided posted:

I did a YouTube search and saw one. Looked like an especially lovely PvP map that expected to be propped up by MOBA elements that didn't actually matter.

those moba elements were in alterac valley.

Have you SEEN our version of the generic huge clusterfuck battleground that every mmorpg has?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

THE PWNER posted:

those moba elements were in alterac valley.

Have you SEEN our version of the generic huge clusterfuck battleground that every mmorpg has?

I liked the old Alterac Valley. Something about the back and forth with all the NPC forces and side objectives along with the massive frontline battle made it the most fun I've ever had in WoW PVP. Shame they butchered it.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
wowheadization killed pvp

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They're getting pretty smug about a population increase in the starter zones over on the official forums, but isn't that just because of the 10-day trial + the game having essentially one server?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Verranicus posted:

They're getting pretty smug about a population increase in the starter zones over on the official forums, but isn't that just because of the 10-day trial + the game having essentially one server?

I think they also confuse gold farmer bots with real people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are there enough people playing to even bother having bots?

• Locked thread