Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Infinity Gaia posted:

Here's another picture of Lyn in questionable armor for those of you easily skeeved out for dumb reasons who want more reasons to not get the game, I'm watching a stream and finally managed to get a good shot of it:

This stuff doesn't affect me or bother me at all. Must be the years of bad anime in my youth.

I looked at this picture and my immediate reaction is that I am staring at anime girl #4209 whose character is supposed to be a young adult. I am pretty used to it so it didn't phase me. They just need to increase her age. I don't care about the boob window otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Didn't someone say they felt the ui was cluttered a while back? Anyway this is what you can change. Apparently it's from neogaf.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ive had Melia in a bikini and the glasses for the majority of Xenoblade and I've no regrets.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think it's good for an adult to be horny for a child, even if the child is fake. I know this controversial stance may get me labelled as a prude, or as racist against anime, but this is my opinion, and I believe in it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like anime, and I like my life in hometown, but I am against the sexualization of children.

I am taking a stand on the internet. COme at me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay I'm sure they'll change her official age or something so you can go back to not caring.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'm taking a stand to say that I'm a sucker that will buy the dlc just to be able to use the ng+ fashion function from the start so I can put everyone in leather pants for the rest of the game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Butt Ghost posted:

I like anime, and I like my life in hometown, but I am against the sexualization of children.

I am taking a stand on the internet. COme at me.

You like tits in your rear end? That's a very specific fetish, my friend.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think it's good for an adult to be horny for a child, even if the child is fake. I know this controversial stance may get me labelled as a prude, or as racist against anime, but this is my opinion, and I believe in it.

I think this is fine but I also think a lot of people are not phased by it because in their minds they don't see a child. They see animated pixels and that equates to either harmless or very limited harm. I can understand this point of view too and there is a reasonable justification for it.

But yeah, just change her age and put this topic to a rest NoA. It is an easy fix.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8 character creator

You can have huge anime eyes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8 character creator

You can have huge anime eyes.

Not huge enough.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you don't like the eyes, cover up.
http://i.imgur.com/GyEIrNc.jpg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Seems like people are just looking for reasons not to like this game at the moment.

lol yeah people are fishing hard. it's pretty funny, if they'd just come up with some other x name for this instead of xenoblade i bet most of the complainers'd be totally fine with it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Personally I'm pretty happy that Nintendo is supporting a relatively newly-aquired studio and their new IP while also allowing them freedom in how they iterate on that IP.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

Personally I'm pretty happy that Nintendo is supporting a relatively newly-aquired studio and their new IP while also allowing them freedom in how they iterate on that IP.

I don't think 2007 is "newly acquired" anymore. Like, one of the first games they were put to work on was Brawl. (along with every other studio Nintendo had)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

How about a loving RELEASE DATE NINTENDO

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Someone spent part of their day at work traveling back in time to the early 90's to kidnap a Sega advertizing person to write that terrible thing.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Calaveron posted:

How about a loving RELEASE DATE NINTENDO

lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I love everything about this.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
[_] A lot of patience cause we're horribly behind schedule localizing the game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

So how many playable characters are there in this game? Is it just the ones they've shown off and now the DLC characters, or are there more?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

TurnipFritter posted:

So how many playable characters are there in this game? Is it just the ones they've shown off and now the DLC characters, or are there more?

There's a ton, including several which weren't shown off previously.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's a ton, including several which weren't shown off previously.

Ok, I thought in one of the 30 minute trailers they talked about how you could recruit a bunch of characters, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering it correctly or not.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

[_] A lot of patience cause we're horribly behind schedule localizing the game.

You are really hung up on something you are flat out assuming based on your nonexistent knowledge of game localization.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo's entire release schedule is basically up in the air so they might not want to accidentally gimp the release of a big fall title overseas. The fact that they're releasing English media promoting it at all is a pretty good sign though!

Also it's really hard for me to complain about that DLC when Nintendo usually does it as well as they do.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

personally i'm excited for the anime-soaked xeno-series JRPG about teenagers piloting giant robots. the big boobed 13 year olds not so much, but i'm sure there will be outfits that do not hint at the big boobs on the said 13 year old, so welp whatever i guess

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It'll make it a bit sweeter when I shop on the stores with non-creepy gear I enjoy and actively promote them in-game so their business flourishes while the fetish shop has to close down. (well, maybe i'll buy one for my main guy and tots. And my skell if that's an option somehow)

What annoys me the most out of the DLC is that I hate and refuse exp/money DLC, so I just won't buy those, but just buying the four characters means I could get the rest of the DLC for free so I'm just being a baby refusing free poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Also it's really hard for me to complain about that DLC when Nintendo usually does it as well as they do.
It's the same type of DLC that Namco made for Tales of Zesteria and people hated it and now Namco is going to package the DLC with the US release so there's no blacklash.

And it's honestly the same type of DLC this not an exaggeration. The Tales DLC is exclusive outfits, missions that lead you to getting a new character and everything else.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It's also the same type of DLC that Fire Emblem Awakening and that was a resounding success for Nintendo.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
There's actually been some new fanart appearing on pixiv for once.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's the same type of DLC that Namco made for Tales of Zesteria and people hated it and now Namco is going to package the DLC with the US release so there's no blacklash.

And it's honestly the same type of DLC this not an exaggeration. The Tales DLC is exclusive outfits, missions that lead you to getting a new character and everything else.

Yeah, but the big backlash was because the Zestiria DLC issue came alongside a host of other issues with the game, as well as the DLC extra story being directly linked to one of the baffling design/advertising decisions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TurnipFritter posted:

It's also the same type of DLC that Fire Emblem Awakening and that was a resounding success for Nintendo.

Yes but the 3ds was in a much stronger place back then and it's still in a stronger place now. And not only that Fire Emblem is an SRPG with entirely different mechanics.

Xenoblade is not only a big release for Nintendo, it's their only big release. Like this is it , everything released previous to it was all garbage games for 2015. And Zelda was moved to 2016. They can't afford to gently caress anything up. The System is 3 years in at this point. If they release it durring the holidays it's going to go up against many other RPGs.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 29, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Without any crippling problems with the game, the DLC will just be something that will annoy some people who will ultimately ignore it after whining a little. I just don't care as I'm not going to pay money for videogame currency/EXP/friendship points, and there will already be way too many quests in the base game for me to ever both finishing them all. I might get one or two if the included Skell is really cool, but based on the website screenshots they just look like variants of the regular Skells, to the point that I think some might just be unique textures/colors.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes but the 3ds was in a much stronger place back then and it's still in a stronger place now. And not only that Fire Emblem is an SRPG with entirely different mechanics.

Xenoblade is not only a big release for Nintendo, it's their only big release. Like this is it , everything released previous to it was all garbage games for 2015. And Zelda was moved to 2016. They can't afford to gently caress anything up. The System is 3 years in at this point. If they release it durring the holidays it's going to go up against many other RPGs.

I don't really think the target audience for some ultra-weeb anime soaked JRPG on the WiiU of all consoles has any crossover with the audience for like a Bethesda or Bioware game on the PC or Xbox

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The thing is the world itself is Elder Scrolls size and while yes there are a ton of quests the character ones are the most engaging.

They're not adding whole new zones or anything to the game and all this poo poo is on Disc DLC. So it really does come across as nickel and diming. It's not like You're getting new massive places to explore like Dragonborne.

icantfindaname posted:

I don't really think the target audience for some ultra-weeb anime soaked JRPG on the WiiU of all consoles has any crossover with the audience for like a Bethesda or Bioware game on the PC or Xbox

Final Fantasy 15 is coming this year and Atlus is releasing poo poo for Playstation.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not saying it isn't nickel and diming, because it totally is. It just doesn't bother me since assuming the game is fine, there will already be a ton of side content, a lot of which I won't even touch my first time through the game. The DLC is dumb, but there's nothing I can do about it aside from not buy it. And it's not like this is going to be a dealbreaker for most people because this is pretty standard for big games these days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please don't respond seriously to taint reaper posts.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Please don't respond seriously to taint reaper posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPIq24daGc&t=137s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Given that a lot of good JRPGs don't see the light of day on home consoles in the West anymore, I am willing to be flexible with DLC as long as it is high quality and I hope a lot of people decide to buy it. Anything that brings more of these kinds of games over to the West is a good thing in my book (well..almost anything).

• Locked thread