Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

A good poster posted:

They probably haven't even started recording the Friendcast yet.

Nah, it's already recorded. We have 45 minutes of paid mod talk to look forwards to

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/592845388748558338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'd say the discussion is still relevant since it's only a matter of time before another company tries to pull this poo poo again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Crossing my fingers for literally 45 minutes of Pat yelling before he finally passes out Sean Schmell style.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Crossing my fingers for literally 45 minutes of Pat yelling before he finally passes out Sean Schmell style.

Then they replace Pat with a grandma

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ahahaha, the opening to this podcast.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

havenwaters posted:

Nah, it's already recorded. We have 45 minutes of paid mod talk to look forwards to

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/592845388748558338

Aw man I was hoping they found about the news during the podcast.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I personally like my local rock station's morning show, Free Beer and Hot Wings. They don't do the crazy soundboard morning zoo poo poo, which probably helps. Still would be surpassed by Chewie and Fuckface in the morning.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Beef Waifu posted:

It's pretty silly that Konami is doing it, but it's only gonna gently caress them more so whatever.

(Blatantly stolen from the Podcast)

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Charles Martel posted:

I'd say the discussion is still relevant since it's only a matter of time before another company tries to pull this poo poo again.

The wording on the announcement that they're shutting it down implies that they're just not doing it for Skyrim.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Famitsu news post, if anybody knows the ancient runes

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

THANK gently caress.

I am so unbelievably excited about his, D4 Blew my pants off when I saw the zaibatsu play it, a wide release on the PC can really (hopefully) give SWERY the success he deserves.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I bought D4 for a system I will never own, and I will buy it again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
D4 PC official and a new Dragonball TV series announced

the podcast curse strikes again!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, the guys should just start talking about current events poo poo that they want to change on the podcast, because as soon as they do it will definitely be changed by the time it goes up. The zaibatsu has the power to control the world and they're not even the illuminati!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Yeaaaaaah. Gonna eat me some chowder.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 28, 2015

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Okay I didn't hear about Dragon Ball Super but god am I excited for the eventual dub.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat talking about Jackie Chan's Gorgeous right as the bomb crew getting the movie in their mail is freaky.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks Obama. :unsmith:

Blockhouse posted:

D4 PC official and a new Dragonball TV series announced

the podcast curse strikes again!

What? WHAT?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

What's the big deal with a new dragon ball tv series? has it even stopped in the first place?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Did anyone else get audibly angry at Liam when he was waving his arms near Matt's figures in the podcast video?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

What's the big deal with a new dragon ball tv series? has it even stopped in the first place?

The last dragonball series ended in 1997, yeah it's kind of a big deal.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tae posted:

The last dragonball series ended in 1997, yeah it's kind of a big deal.

wait wasn't there like GT, KZ, whatever else and yearly movies since then? or is my sense of timing completely hosed from watching the series several years after it ended?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

wait wasn't there like GT, KZ, whatever else and yearly movies since then? or is my sense of timing completely hosed from watching the series several years after it ended?

Kai is just a remaster, there hasn't been anything new since GT on television.

GT ended in 97.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tae posted:

GT ended in 97.

oh wow so I guess it is a big deal, but to be honest it's kind of a relic of its time, I really sincerely hope the tighten the poo poo out of that show because no way people are gonna want staredowns and 40 minute powerup sequences anymore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

oh wow so I guess it is a big deal, but to be honest it's kind of a relic of its time, I really sincerely hope the tighten the poo poo out of that show because no way people are gonna want staredowns and 40 minute powerup sequences anymore.

There are shows right now that still do staredowns and 40 minute power-ups. You just outgrew it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Kai is already basically this, Dragonball Z re-edited with the advantage of not having to stretch one week of manga to 30 minutes of TV.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

drat, I already bought it on XBL without having an Xbox One just yet.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

After the extremely good Dragonball movie that came out last year, hope is high for the new movie and tv series.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hoobajoo posted:

Kai is already basically this, Dragonball Z re-edited with the advantage of not having to stretch one week of manga to 30 minutes of TV.

Yea Kai isn't really a new show, it's a fix of Z where they throw out most of the filler, make the style better, that kinda stuff. It's been forever since the last proper Dragonball show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

GT ended in 97.

GT was old this entire time?! Holy poo poo, I thought that was a new show when I was watching it on Cartoon Network years ago.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Kai isn't really a new show, it's a fix of Z where they throw out most of the filler, make the style better, that kinda stuff. It's been forever since the last proper Dragonball show.

Does it still have the filler episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get driver's licenses? That episode was art.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I will annihilate you where you stand

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Tae posted:

GT ended in 97.

I thought Kai was made of brand new art based on the old storyboards, not a remastering of the old footage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kaptain K posted:

I thought Kai was made of brand new art based on the old storyboards, not a remastering of the old footage.

Nope, it's 99% remaster

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kaptain K posted:

Nah, 99% remaster and 1% new art for the openings.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I'm kind of surprised they were even able to remaster the show, unless the cameras they shot the show with was HD they must've preserved the original cels, which is crazy considering the animation industry's habit of burning most of the pencilwork and cleaning out the celluloid for re-use.

In any case, now that I put on my rose tinted glasses I'm really glad a new generation are going to experience some of the pure hype when a kickass powerup or 'Head-Chala' starts blasting in glorious HD.

BTW, this was the first thing I ever saw of DBZ, totally legit bought the infamous malaysian dub of this on a VHS in the early 90's, not knowing any better. to this day I still kinda prefer vegetas voice in this dub, not the mispronunciations just the raspiness:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2bh8g_Jwfg

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 28, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Got around to listening to the podcast. Woolie and Liam are so wrong about Pokken. More cool pokes the better.

And Ghost types are the best. No surprise Pat likes the most boring type.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 29, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I wish pokken was all ghost types

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I hope Pokken has at least one of each type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pokken is probably going to be a better game than the next Tekken.

*runs and hides*