Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Someone tell Friar Rivers how conservative and Catholic Cinci is.

It's a good place for a family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems pretty definitive

@Vikings
"We can just end the Adrian Peterson stuff. Our position has not changed...we have no interest in trading Adrian Peterson." Rick Spielman

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Seems pretty definitive

@Vikings
"We can just end the Adrian Peterson stuff. Our position has not changed...we have no interest in trading Adrian Peterson." Rick Spielman

Dumb. They should trade him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride ending with a trade for a player suspended for a year may have been the end we all deserved, but I'm really glad that didn't happen.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If he refuses to play they don't actually have to pay him right and it won't count towards free agency?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Dumb. They should trade him.

I'm guessing they would've liked to, but no one will come even close to offering what they want for a 30 year old running back with his salary demands.

It was pretty fun asking people which 30 y/o running backs ever had produced enough to be worth the 1st round pick they thought he was worth though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

It was pretty fun asking people which 30 y/o running backs ever had produced enough to be worth the 1st round pick they thought he was worth though.

One of TFF's favorite all time players fits that description.

Except his personal life was the opposite of Adrians as far as child/parent violence goes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In the end Miami lost what was most likely a 4th rounder. That could have come in loving handy.

Good luck next year when you have your comeback season and sign with Oregon and probably dominate and Miami gets absolutely nothing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It looked like this thread was going to slide in the draft, but a solid page 89 performance might have been the boost in needed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

In the end Miami lost what was most likely a 4th rounder. That could have come in loving handy.

Good luck next year when you have your comeback season and sign with Oregon and probably dominate and Miami gets absolutely nothing

I know oregon runs a dirty program but wouldn't this be a little brazen?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's a good place for a family.
I heard a Vikings fan married and Eagles fan and had Bengal babies.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Atticus Finch posted:

I heard a Vikings fan married and Eagles fan and had Bengal babies.

Don't forget the Vikings fan's brother who ate at a place serving Roethlisburgers so often he changed allegiances.

Or the Vikings fan's sister who took a selfie with Emmitt Smith and renounced her lifelong Vikings fandom to become a rabid Cowboys fan.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Dalton and two firsts for Philip, who says no

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bills pick up the 5th year option for Stephon Gilmore, for 11 million.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Me

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I presume Winston will be bad, but that's more betting on the Buccaneers to continue to be the Buccaneers then knowing that much about Winston.

Yep, the Bucs are great at picking and destroying QBs with any hint of talent.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Relentlessboredomm posted:

uhhhhh Steve Young would like a word with you. We sent him on to win Super Bowls.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ozu posted:

Seems pretty definitive

@Vikings

Shameful. Vikings maintain their evil standing.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I guess it's not worth it for you when you consider that two firsts means 21 this year and 32 next year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You don't want Rivers to get a shot at a ring?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

lol who would want to see their very good QB leave to help another team win a Super Bowl

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Vikings never should have put him on the exempt list. They should have let Goodell suspend him. They got all the negative press and still paid his salary to not play. Now they are stuck with him for another year so what did they gain?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

lol who would want to see their very good QB leave to help another team win a Super Bowl

Colts, except he didn't win.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I rooted for Indy against the Saints. What do you think?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would help Dalton lack and move.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

If he refuses to play they don't actually have to pay him right and it won't count towards free agency?

yea they can stash him on the did not report list and sit on him without paying a dime and he wont accrue seasons towards FA.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

I would have been okay with Marino leaving the lovely rear end Dolphins and winning for an NFC team after the 1999 season. gently caress Jimmy Johnson.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Eifert Posting posted:

Someone tell Friar Rivers how conservative and Catholic Cinci is.

If American conservatism means lovely, chain restaurant local specialties - and we all know it does - I have some good news for all 10/12/16 Riverses - http://skylinechili.com

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would help Dalton lack and move.

Dalton finds himself lacking just fine.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I wouldn't have minded if Hasselbeck had led some other team to a Super Bowl. :smith:

You wouldn't want Marino to have gotten a final shot somewhere else?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I wouldn't have minded if Hasselbeck had led some other team to a Super Bowl. :smith:

Were you happy Brandon Browner got another ring?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Bills pick up the 5th year option for Stephon Gilmore, for 11 million.

Good.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I like Andy Dalton a lot and genuinely think the Bengals can win a super bowl with him because I'm a huge loving retard but with Philip Rivers they would be an absolute minimum 12 win team and clear cut super bowl favorites

I mean it won't happen but you know

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

Were you happy Brandon Browner got another ring?

I think that is a little different than seeing your long-suffering face of the franchise finally getting a supporting cast that is worthwhile.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I like Andy Dalton a lot and genuinely think the Bengals can win a super bowl with him because I'm a huge loving retard but with Philip Rivers they would be an absolute minimum 12 win team and clear cut super bowl favorites

I mean it won't happen but you know

I hate Ryan Tannehill and I would rather have him than Andy Dalton.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

No I would have been really upset that he didn't win one for the team I like.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I think that is a little different than seeing your long-suffering face of the franchise finally getting a supporting cast that is worthwhile.

With very very few exceptions, once they're off my team, gently caress them. Clear enough?

This isn't the NBA where I just root for players

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What happens if a team is off your city

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

I'm guessing they would've liked to, but no one will come even close to offering what they want for a 30 year old running back with his salary demands.

Arizona has supposedly offered a 2nd rounder, which I would gladly take, considering I'd be fine if they just cut him, too. But based on Charles Robinson's report the other day and everything I read last year, pretty much every offensive decision being made right now is through the lens of Teddy's development. And it would seem a first rounder is the only thing they see more valuable to his development than AP drawing defenders into the box.

Bleh, oh well, would have been nice to get something for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You misspelled Redskins.

• Locked thread