Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

§VI.10. The Supreme Court shall review the constitutionality of every Bill passed by the Assembly and no Bill shall become the law of the Free Republic of Liberland unless the Supreme Court, by a simple majority, declares the Bill to be constitutional.

so their congress can't do anything without permission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mishaq posted:

the guy that thinks filipino food is good also thinks american chinese is delicious shockingly

actually i don't eat the deep fried stuff if that's what you're implying, but i really like fried rice and stir fry and dim sum and i just assumed what we get is not authentic because i think it's delicious and ppl told me authentic stuff isn't as good (acknowledging everything everyone said about how authentic chinese food obviously has regional variance)

maybe i'm just super open minded about food. maybe i just think all regions have at least some food that's tasty. i dunno, doesn't matter, i just think people should try all kinds of food from different places and not write places off outright and i get annoyed when people dismiss filipino food.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ Chinese food haters.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

i finally found an asian grocery in portland with tteok on my 3rd try

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

oh boy it's legalese fanfic

12 USC 3105/FISA otp

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

chinese food made by native chinese in non-china countries can be delicious, but chinese food made in china will probably kill you as a foreigner

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

by the standard of native dishes, italy has the best food in the world and it's not even close

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

triple sulk posted:

by the standard of native dishes, italy has the best food in the world and it's not even close

you forgot mexico

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Shaggar posted:

http://tiffzhang.com/startup/index.html?s=6430846

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cold on a Cob posted:

actually i don't eat the deep fried stuff if that's what you're implying, but i really like fried rice and stir fry and dim sum and i just assumed what we get is not authentic because i think it's delicious and ppl told me authentic stuff isn't as good (acknowledging everything everyone said about how authentic chinese food obviously has regional variance)

maybe i'm just super open minded about food. maybe i just think all regions have at least some food that's tasty. i dunno, doesn't matter, i just think people should try all kinds of food from different places and not write places off outright and i get annoyed when people dismiss filipino food.

theres nothing good about 广西 food

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

theres nothing good about 广西 food

:raise:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

its a province in china with bad food

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

its a province in china with bad food

i guessed that i just thought it was neat how i found a restaurant called islam restaurant there

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
the food there wasn't horrible; I was there last fall

I don't know what you're expecting but it was the Chinese equiv of Cracker Barrel and applebees

it didn't make me ill and filled me up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ultramiraculous posted:

i hear the leap busses have snacks. does food availability in general signal a superior mode of transport?

flying first class gets you a p badass meal

also unlimited free booze

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

flying first class gets you a p badass meal

also unlimited free booze

i got to fly first class once, and it was wonderful

it was just from oklahoma city to dallas, though :saddowns:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i want to try the singapore airlines mega first class from london to singapore

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fart simpson posted:

i want to try the singapore airlines mega first class from london to singapore

that poo poo is bananas

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

of course it's on github

brb gonna make a pull request

+ Full communism now and forever
- <all the other dumb bullshit>

E:

quote:

§VI.10(1) Nothing in this paragraph precludes any Court of the Free Republic of Liberland from striking down any provision of any Act passed by the Assembly as unconstitutional at any later criminal or civil proceedings.

any court can find any law unconstitutional - no way that causes any problems no siree

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 28, 2015

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

An Uber driver who offered to take a passenger in San Francisco to a place where he could obtain narcotics and prostitutes allegedly chased down and violently robbed the passenger after he refused early Saturday morning, a police spokesman said today.

The 30-year-old victim told police he was in the city’s Marina District at a bar on Chestnut Street around 1 a.m. Saturday when he decided to go home and requested an Uber ride via the ride-booking service’s app on his cellphone, according to San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza.

A man driving a black town car arrived to pick him up and the passenger entered the car, police said.

The Uber driver, described as a man between 25 and 30 years old, allegedly offered to take the passenger to a place where he could solicit drugs and prostitutes.

The passenger declined the offer and the driver continued toward the passenger’s requested destination in the South Beach neighborhood, near the intersection of The Embarcadero and Brannan Street, Esparza said.

However, at Delancey and Brannan streets, about a block away from the passenger’s destination, the driver stopped the car and picked up a woman in a dress, described as between 25 and 30 years old, police said.

Esparza said the passenger had not requested an UberPool, an option that allows passengers to carpool and share rides with other passengers for a discounted price.

The passenger told the driver he would like to get out of the car but the driver refused to stop and continued driving.

At Pier 30, just past the passenger’s requested destination, the passenger managed to open the car door and attempted to run away, but the driver allegedly chased after him on foot, police said.

When the driver caught up to the passenger, he kicked him and then robbed him of his cellphone and debit card, police said.

The suspect took off following the alleged robbery.

Esparza said the victim took himself to a hospital for treatment of a dislocated knee and reported the assault and robbery to police.

The suspect had not been arrested as of this morning, according to Esparza.

Esparza said there were a number of unauthorized transactions on the victim’s debit card.

Investigators are working to determine the identity and whereabouts of both the Uber driver and the female passenger, Esparza said.

Uber spokeswoman Kate Downen said in a statement, “We are gathering more information, and have reached out to the San Francisco Police Department to offer assistance.”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

An Uber driver who offered to take a passenger in San Francisco to a place where he could obtain narcotics and prostitutes allegedly chased down and violently robbed the passenger after he refused early Saturday morning, a police spokesman said today.

The 30-year-old victim told police he was in the city’s Marina District at a bar on Chestnut Street around 1 a.m. Saturday when he decided to go home and requested an Uber ride via the ride-booking service’s app on his cellphone, according to San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza.

A man driving a black town car arrived to pick him up and the passenger entered the car, police said.

The Uber driver, described as a man between 25 and 30 years old, allegedly offered to take the passenger to a place where he could solicit drugs and prostitutes.

The passenger declined the offer and the driver continued toward the passenger’s requested destination in the South Beach neighborhood, near the intersection of The Embarcadero and Brannan Street, Esparza said.

However, at Delancey and Brannan streets, about a block away from the passenger’s destination, the driver stopped the car and picked up a woman in a dress, described as between 25 and 30 years old, police said.

Esparza said the passenger had not requested an UberPool, an option that allows passengers to carpool and share rides with other passengers for a discounted price.

The passenger told the driver he would like to get out of the car but the driver refused to stop and continued driving.

At Pier 30, just past the passenger’s requested destination, the passenger managed to open the car door and attempted to run away, but the driver allegedly chased after him on foot, police said.

When the driver caught up to the passenger, he kicked him and then robbed him of his cellphone and debit card, police said.

Esparza said the victim took himself to a hospital for treatment of a dislocated knee and reported the assault and robbery to police.

Esparza said there were a number of unauthorized transactions on the victim’s debit card.

Investigators are working to determine the identity and whereabouts of both the Uber driver and the female passenger, Esparza said.

Uber spokeswoman Kate Downen said in a statement, “We are gathering more information, and have reached out to the San Francisco Police Department to offer assistance.”

At least that driver was probably white.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

ain't gonna get a good rating like that

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

was the woman a prostitute or drug dealer?

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
or both

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

teetotaling pussy. coulda gotten high and his dick wet for a reasonable price but instead all he got was the poo poo kicked out of him. bitch *spits*

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Smythe posted:

teetotaling pussy. coulda gotten high and his dick wet for a reasonable price but instead all he got was the poo poo kicked out of him. bitch *spits*

Smythe, please. He had a family.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i wonder if uber will refund his safe driver fee

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

twitter is down 20%. hope facebook buys them

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

where are the GAAP numbers for twitter... aka. not counting employee expenses as one-time occurences.

refleks fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 28, 2015

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Nationalize Twitter.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

full Twitter communism now

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

refleks posted:

where are the GAAP numbers for twitter... aka. not counting employee expenses as one-time occurences.

2014 GAAP: $577 million in losses
2014 non-GAAP: $79 million profit

spot the book-cooking.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

"Net loss - GAAP net loss was $162 million for the first quarter of 2015 compared to $132 million in the same period in 2014. GAAP net loss for the first quarter of 2015 included $183 million of stock-based compensation expense."

their losses almost precisely line up against stock grants to employees. it's almost like they precisely calibrate their losses to hit that range hint hint

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

they want their employees to stop taking stock as comp?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
they think investors are stupid

they spend money right up to the point where they would hypothetically earn a profit if they stopped paying employees, then tell investors they earned a profit

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

oh so it's less passive aggressive and more just plain stupid con artistry

well that's disappointing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

then when wall street gets really sick of it they'll just cut enough people to turn a profit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

revenues up 200 million, losses up 30 million

they'll make it up in volume!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

jesus, a third of their total expenses are stock-based compensation

• Locked thread