Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Since they're ripping the LUA code apart, any chance they might be able to reinstate old features that were removed like custom titles and divas and bullshit like that? I don't know what NewLegacyInc is.

Also, in other news, my graphics card sucks a big fat donkey dick and I have to get a new one to play my 45 dollar loving wrestleman game.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't know what NewLegacyInc is.

They're a bunch of friends who stream video games, usually wrestling ones, and have a tendency to (either accidentally or on purpose) horribly, horribly break WWE games.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

They're currently streaming right now, listen to the loud sounds of the crowd of ZERO people watching a hell in a cell match. :v:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a game that will probably get <30 on Metacritic.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Damnit, I can't wait till my roommate wakes up, I think he has a DX11 card I can use with my pc.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Everyone lacks the right graphics card, my processor isn't good enough since it's getting pretty old and computer shops are pretty much saying "gotta change out the motherboard, processor & ram"

I wish I knew how to build a PC.

EDIT: Although I can buy a Phenom X4 for like 70 bucks.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 28, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So I didn't play any of the recent console games. Wow, the way online works in this version is loving AWFUL holy poo poo. I can't just find a lobby? What is this poo poo?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrianPerkins/

Add me so I can actually play vs real people

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Shima Honnou posted:

"This game will not be moddable" *60 minutes later most of the files have been opened*

The point of the argument was for people not to get their hopes up for implementing all sorts of massive gameplay features/coding overhauls that generally aren't possible to implement in modern pc games that aren't specifically designed to allow that, but honestly at this point I imagine the source code is stored in an unprotected zip dropped in My Documents, named "PLAYERS STAY OUT PLZ"

also holy poo poo their video storage scheme is hilarious

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
When they fix replays i'm going to want a mod to bring it back to the Christ Crowd

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

But Paige, who was offered exclusively as part of the WWE 2K15 season pass on consoles, will not be available at all on PC, said Marcus Stephenson of the WWE Games team on Twitter. As for the possibility of adding Paige to the PC version later, Stephenson said, "I can't speak on future support at this time because I don't know."

Is this a royalties thing?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I give it 10 minutes before someone finds Paige's model, animations, music and video sat in a barely-hidden folder.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is this a royalties thing?

I don't see how that could be the case seeing as she's under contract to WWE.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Exclusivity agreement with MS/Sony?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No they're lazy/don't care/ aren't paid to do that much. They already won't patch the console versions anymore and they need it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

LvK posted:

The point of the argument was for people not to get their hopes up for implementing all sorts of massive gameplay features/coding overhauls that generally aren't possible to implement in modern pc games that aren't specifically designed to allow that, but honestly at this point I imagine the source code is stored in an unprotected zip dropped in My Documents, named "PLAYERS STAY OUT PLZ"

also holy poo poo their video storage scheme is hilarious

A lot of games use Bink. Why is that so hilarious? The best part is that if you have older WWE games you can pretty much just copy the files over for characters not in the game. Not to mention RAD Video tools will pretty much let you rip videos from Youtube and convert them fairly easily.

Also the fact this game has LUA scripting is awesome because it means you can edit the ever loving piss out of it. I can't wait to see all the hacky poo poo people do with LUA. After seeing what Wilco did to Payday 2 with his mods I cannot imagine what people will come up with here...

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Testekill posted:

Everyone lacks the right graphics card, my processor isn't good enough since it's getting pretty old and computer shops are pretty much saying "gotta change out the motherboard, processor & ram"

I wish I knew how to build a PC.

All computers parts come with fairly detailed instructions that you should follow and barring that Youtube has literally every single step of the process available somewhere.

I run it just fine, thankfully. With ports you can't be too sure about how well something'll actually run.
(Note: I have a literally insane system designed to be able to do quick video conversion on a tight schedule and play video games otherwise, with a 980, an i7-4970K, and 32gb of RAM in it.)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Skunkrocker posted:

A lot of games use Bink. Why is that so hilarious?

Nah, not the compression scheme, just putting videos in a semi-common format in an easily-accessed folder like it was 1999.

Oh hey, look, "official" mod support. Right on a technicality!

Though I prefer my original thought, which was that the port was so lazy that they didn't even bother to finish assembling the drat thing...

In 30 years Vinceborg will catch up to where we are right now with the video game industry and have it patched out. Mark my words. 30 Years.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Ooh, I never thought about this; gonna try to run WWE 15 on my laptop!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

LvK posted:

Nah, not the compression scheme, just putting videos in a semi-common format in an easily-accessed folder like it was 1999.

I'm glad of it that developers still do this, actually

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The most generic face for a create a wrestler is Miz.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The most generic face for a create a wrestler is Miz.

Yeah but what does that have to do with wrestling videogames?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah but what does that have to do with wrestling videogames?

The Marine 4

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Sold, and that was before I even read about how ridiculously easy it apparently will be to mod the game. :v:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The core gameplay feels a lot better than I expected. I actually like the chain wrestling mechanic.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
bink is optimized for streaming off of discs/disks. putting it inside another container format just adds needless cpu overhead for playing back videos. there is nothing wrong with leaving the videos open in a folder like that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Sold, and that was before I even read about how ridiculously easy it apparently will be to mod the game. :v:

I'm the one guy with the hat surgically implanted into my face.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
What are people using to extract the .pac files most of the data is stored in? Wanna edit brock lesnars texture to give him a dickbutt tattoo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello i have the game u can add me https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984652095

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm the one guy with the hat surgically implanted into my face.

I'm the guy with the CM Punk hat pulled so far down that it covers my eyes:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Talking about whether or not people would take the time to mod WWE 2k15... I had no idea, but it looks like people modded old games like Smackdown HCTP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0m9k4tEWO4

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm the guy with the CM Punk hat pulled so far down that it covers my eyes:

I ain't gonna judge you. You seem pretty happy.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Do the controls really suck or am I just dumb? Is there a tutorial I'm missing?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

gypsyshred posted:

Do the controls really suck or am I just dumb? Is there a tutorial I'm missing?

X to punch or hit a dude when he's down, A to do your moves, Dpad to apply a taunt when your opponent is down or when he's up if you want to be a dick, Y to hit your REAL moves, B to pin or Irish Whip. R2 to reverse, L2 to run. I think L1 gets you out of the ring or whatever and R2 might swap between finisher and signature? If you get tied up it gives you a tutorial. I don't know if the limb target system or whatever is still how it was in 2k14 but maybe it is and I just don't remember.

Not a great game but I've spent worse for $30 and hopefully it encourages more Wrestling Games on PC later. I beat up Roman Reigns as R-Truth earlier by throwing Roman around a lot with the A button and doing poo poo like running and hitting A to do some kind of momentum throws and it was fun except for the lack of R-Truth's proper and good entrance. Would pose like Jesus again though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I have the game, but my comp's been a real load of trash lately and is struggling to run it. Is there any way I can tank the resolution to boost performance without the screen turning hilariously tiny?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Press Right Trigger to have it pop up that you were pressing it too late or too early.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Okay so the game runs on my laptop... slow as loving molasses but it runs, looks decent enough. Had the crowd turned down to 1%, which is fine for me, cause usually what I do is just run "indie shows" in universe mode anyway, but I'll look into getting a better card for my desktop in the meantime and if I do get a new one I'll be able to run the game much better on it than my lappy. I might even build a whole new PC just for this one game, so when I mod the poo poo out of it it looks good.

One thing I do have to say though is that when the game is really sluggish holy poo poo can you pull off reversals really easily!

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems
I spent ten minutes working very hard on my first mod for 2K15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIruBWVJO_M

thank god for storing titantron bink videos in a raw-rear end folder

:pcgaming:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Awcko posted:

I spent ten minutes working very hard on my first mod for 2K15