Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Cyrene_ posted:

Alright, I've applied and thanks!

I'm really enjoying this game so far, I can now live out my fantasies as a mobile suit pilot.

Got you. Also you get to be the best kind of mobile suit pilot as Zeon, destroying high end gundams with iconic mono-eye suits!

New DX is coming after this war ends:

EF gets Full Armour Gundam MK II, and GP04 Gundam. Zeon gets Ground type Heavy Gelgoog S, and Cima's Gelgoog Marine Commander

GP04 gets a long barrel beam rifle, special vernier booster that makes it much faster in space terrain.

340 cost assault, ground/space capable. It can switch fire modes on this rifle.

Full auto

Semi

FAG-2 gets a big gatling cannon arm and a shoulder mounted rocket cannon.

320 cost, ground/space capable heavy with very high armour and modest mobility.

Gelgoog Marine Commander gets a beam machine gun, you can also switch firing modes on it. It gets a free module that lets you refill ammo after killing enemies as well as reduces the recovery when you land from any height, this suit has little downtime mobility wise.

340 cost assault, ground/space capable with high load capacity and shooting performance. The beam machine gun has a selective fire mode you can use in battle as well to change tactics.

Full auto

Semi

Gelgoog S land type gets a gatling arm, shield, grenade launcher arm, charged beam and the usual weapons that heavies enjoy probably (Expecting B3 beam rifle, heavy quality bazookas, etc).

320 cost heavy, ground only with high armour and a bit more extra mobility that you'd expect out of a ground only use suit.

In addition, they are adding items that will increase a weapon's upgrade potential from 10 upgrades to 15. You can only get these items from playing Massive VS, as an end of match reward.

If you reset upgrades to reroll a weapon that has extended upgrade potential, you don't lose the extended upgrade potential.

E: Normally you can max out 3 stats using 10 upgrades if you get all criticals, with 15 upgrades you can max 4 stats and 3/4s of a 5th stat.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Cima Marine Commanders Beam machine gun is really good, high rate of fire, bullet speed, and damage. In semi mode the bullet speed is increased further, nothing can feasibly dodge beams from this suit if the lock is pumped up high.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

Cima Marine Commanders Beam machine gun is really good, high rate of fire, bullet speed, and damage. In semi mode the bullet speed is increased further, nothing can feasibly dodge beams from this suit if the lock is pumped up high.

Cima is my homegirl.

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015
Geez, those new suits look insane. I'd like to get my hands on that gelgoog marine. That gundam has an insane looking gun on its arm though. I have to ask, did these suits show up at all in the UC shows? I don't remember them at all.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
whats cima's radiation beam do? It shows it having 20,000 dmg.
Cima showed up in Stardust. The others are just bullshit the feddies get because gently caress you zeon. Welcome to the underdogs.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Cyrene_ posted:

Geez, those new suits look insane. I'd like to get my hands on that gelgoog marine. That gundam has an insane looking gun on its arm though. I have to ask, did these suits show up at all in the UC shows? I don't remember them at all.

Well the GP04 suit the feds got was what gets turned into the Gebera Tetra that Cima uses, and the Heavy Gundam is a Mobile suit Variations suit which is just some mecha nerd magazine i think.

Al Borland posted:

whats cima's radiation beam do? It shows it having 20,000 dmg.
Cima showed up in Stardust. The others are just bullshit the feddies get because gently caress you zeon. Welcome to the underdogs.

The Irradiation beam does to 20k a tick but it's range is like 180 so it's a get in boost attack range and murder dudes weapon.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Didn't include video of new DX suits, here it is

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Am I missing something? The language barrier seems really daunting here. I'm really interested but trying to navigate the japanese menus seems really tedious.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Am I missing something? The language barrier seems really daunting here. I'm really interested but trying to navigate the japanese menus seems really tedious.

The language barrier if there, but most of the menus have either an english option, or for instance the back button always looks the same. If you enjoy anime robots it's not too hard to learn the menus once you get used to them after a little bit of play, just check out the english wiki and it has some of the harder stuff translated in images for you to figure out.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TheShadowAvatar posted:

after about 2 weeks you'll pretty much get a hang of what does what. Everything is color coded too for the most part.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

In as TSA

Don't think I'm of level for the guild yet though.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
^ Alright, let us know when you've applied
E: Got you

GP Gashacon volume 26 is out next week:

EF gets G3 Gundam (Charged beam rifle, dual charged bazookas, sturm faust mirror, high cost) and GM Cannon II (Anti-air capable beam cannon, strong 4pt machine gun, all sorts of disabling grenades, high armour, low mobility, modest cost).

Zeon gets Gelgoog Marine(Gatling arm, FA rifle at low cost, High boost capacity, modest cost) and Shin Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger (Charged beam rifle, Beam Machine gun, heavy quality bazooka, high cost).

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 2, 2015

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Applied

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Yeah, gotcha

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Zeon gets Gelgoog Marine(Gatling arm, FA rifle at low cost, High boost capacity, modest cost) and Shin Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger (Charged beam rifle, Beam Machine gun, heavy quality bazooka, high cost).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHQWQlAxaw&feature=youtu.be&t=17

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 3, 2015

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015

Free Triangle posted:

It's a good thing that I logged in and received 100k.

Speaking of which, during the gasha button press, does it actually matter what box I land on? (Red, silver, yellow)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
gelgoogs are like a second cousin to a zaku according to the zaku family tree so it is ok

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Cyrene_ posted:

It's a good thing that I logged in and received 100k.

Speaking of which, during the gasha button press, does it actually matter what box I land on? (Red, silver, yellow)

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but Yellow will give you what you're actually in the machine for (the poster mechs blueprints in either silver or gold.) Red's will give you the common pool's blueprints and rentals. And silver pisses boosts in your faces and dares you to sell them for more spins. It's possible to get yellows on any spin, but if the border of the screen is flashing rainbows at you you basically get a guaranteed yellow box.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but Yellow will give you what you're actually in the machine for (the poster mechs blueprints in either silver or gold.) Red's will give you the common pool's blueprints and rentals. And silver pisses boosts in your faces and dares you to sell them for more spins. It's possible to get yellows on any spin, but if the border of the screen is flashing rainbows at you you basically get a guaranteed yellow box.

Dude it's the redbox you want, always the red box.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

This goes to show what a all Zaku 2 loadout does to my sense of how gashapons even work.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

This goes to show what a all Zaku 2 loadout does to my sense of how gashapons even work.

Heh

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Viva Miriya posted:

Thanks guys, I actually to get the "Shin Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger" as it appeared in my blueprints section. It requires bc, why is that exactly?

Oh and this is directed towards KACHO. I will not be completing very many 50v50 matches because my fps is slideshow quality at times, so if you need an extra spot just feel free to give up mine.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cyrene_ posted:

Thanks guys, I actually to get the "Shin Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger" as it appeared in my blueprints section. It requires bc, why is that exactly?

Okay so you have the blueprint? It won't let you build it? HOw many built suits do you have? IT could be your dock is full and you need more storage space.

You have a few options here:

1. Sell an old suit you don't want anymore or use. To make more space.
2. Get some blue garage tickets. 10 of these makes extra space for you. They come a lot from events etc... You should get them over time and just from playing events.

3. Use BC to buy more storage space (not the best option)

I suggest 1 or 2. You probably have some tickets. You'll know them because they say Garage ticket on them if you look at them. You need 10 though so keep that in mind.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Cyrene_ posted:

Oh and this is directed towards KACHO. I will not be completing very many 50v50 matches because my fps is slideshow quality at times, so if you need an extra spot just feel free to give up mine.

you can get hangar space also by turning in your exchange tickets

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
New event this week! For every 5 dailies completed you get a DX ticket! So get out there and complete your dailies!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A bunch of changes are upcoming in the May 27th patch. Gleaned from 4chan:

Battle Assist models for special suits. Increases the number of module slots for the relevant suits.

quote:

EFSF:
GM Custom South Burning Use
Demon Instructor: Reduces Weapon Switch Time

Guncannon MP White Dingo Corps:
Flash Shot: Recoil Improved

GM Cannon 4th Platoon
Immortal Fourth: Increased armor recovery when getting repaired.

Gundam Ez8
Last Resort: Increased armor recovery when getting repaired, get ammo back when you shoot down an enemy.

Dance of the Black Reaper: Bazooka and Grenade Damage increased.

Shootdown King: Weapon spread and recoil improved.

Zeon:
M'Quve Custom Gouf
Song Dynasty Vase: Heat Rod stun time extended

Black Tristars High Mobility Zaku II
Black Tristars: Weapon switch time reduced.

Zakucannon Graydon Custom
Newtype Foresight: Passive that automatically shows you on the minimap where grenades are going to land.

Zaku II S Char Custom:
"I can see the enemy too!": Weapon spread and recoil is improved.

Gelgoog Cannon Johnny Ridden Custom
"Crimson Lightning": Reduces animation delay when landing after a boost.

Note that these are built in modules, not traits. They are beign added retroactively.

Regular suit changes:

quote:

GM Land Battle Type:
Armor Increased

Armored GM
Armor and Load Capacity increased.

GM Commander Type
Boost Charge increased.

Land Battle GM Assault Type
Armor Increased

Guntank II
Armor Increased

Land Battle Gundam (Container Equipment)
Armor Increased

MP Guncannon
Armor increased.

GM Command
Armor, Max speed increased.

GM Striker
Armor increased.

GM Command Light Armor
Max Speed increased.

Powered GM
Armor, load increased.

Blue Destiny Unit #1
Load increased.

Pale Rider
Load increased.

Gundam Unit 1 Prototype
Emergency Relocation increased.

Gundam Unit 1 Prototype (Full Burnern)
Emergency Relocation increased.

Guncannon Heavy Unit Type D
Unit type changed from Earth to Earth/Space.

Zeon suit changes:

quote:

Land Battle Zaku JC
Armor increased.

Z'gok
Boost Charge increased.

Zock
Boost Charge increased.

Juagg
Armor increased.

Zudah
Maximum speed increased (gottagofast.jpg)

Zaku II F Artillery Type
Maximum Speed and Jump Performance increased.

Zaku II FS
Armor and Boost Charge increased.

Dom Cannon Single Gun
Armor increased.

Dom Cold Climates Type
Armor increased.

Dom Cannon Dual Gun
Armor increased

Gouf Custom
Armor increased

Gundam Prototype Unit #2
Armor, Boost Capacity Increased.

Weapon Changes

EFSF

quote:

GM Cold Climates
Grenade Launcher ammunition increased.
Cold Climate Machine Gun: instant switch between grenade launcher and machine gun.

GM Cannon White Dingo Corps
Shoulder 240mm Rocket Howitzer: increased ammo.

G-Line Assault Armor
Assault Cannon: increased ammo
Assault Shield D-type dash motion and hit detection changed.

Prototype Gundam
Prototype Beam Rifle power, reload time, range increased, but ammo decreased.
Prototype Beam Rifle Full Auto power and range increased, ammo decreased.

Full Armor Gundam
Shoulder Missile Bay, Knee Missile Bay, Volley Missile Bay range increased.

Slave Wraith
Chest Multi Launcher Flash Bomb area of effect increased.

Land Battle Type Gundam (Container Equipment)
New weapon: repair pack.

G-Line (Basic Frame)
Short Beam Rifle (2 barrel) rate of fire increased.

Armored GM
Shield endurance increased, shield weight reduced.

Powered GM

Blue Destiny Unit 1

Pale Rider:
Spike Shield Endurance increased, shield weight rediced.

Gundam Prototype #1
Universal Boost Pod uses less boost to start and progressively more the longer it's active.

Zeon

quote:

Acguy
Iron Nail attack motion and hit detection changed.

Gelgoog High Mobility Vincent Custom
Grenade Launcher ammo increased.
Instant switch between Beam Rifle and Beam Rifle FA and Grenade Launcher.

Zaku II S Char Custom
Char Custom Fighting Program Hit Detection adjusted (loving FINALLY)

Zogok
New Weapon: Incendiary Boomerang Cutter (!!!)

Z'gok E
New Weapon: Diffusion Beam Cannon, affected by Beam Shooter passive.

Pre-Mass Production Gelgoog
Beam Rifle Power, Reload, Firing range increased, but ammo decreased.
FA Beam Rifle range increased, ammo decreased.

High Mobility Zaku II Black Tristars
Dual Wield Bazooka power increasd.

Gundam Prototype Unit #2
Beam Bazooka (Focused Output Type) power increased, changed from semi auto to full auto, firing animation changed.
Atomic Bazooka firing animation changed.
Beam Bazooka Focused Output Type and Beam Bazooka weapon switch animation removed.

Pezun Dowadge
Weapon switch between 8-tube Missile Pod and 8 tube dual 420mm rocket launcher is instantaneous.

Gelgoog M Cima Garahau Custom
MNG-110 Beam Rifle Type A/B system rate of fire increased, bullet effect changed.

Finally:

quote:

Quick Switch Module:
Currently, it shortens the weapon switch time. Soon, it will cause a increase in weapon power for a short time after you switch.

Headshots:
Head hitboxes are removed for the following:
Zock, Ram Z'gok, Z'gok, Z'gok E, Hi-Gogg, Gogg, Juagg, Juagg Artillery Type.

Pyronom
Nov 1, 2011

-Troika- posted:

Zudah
Maximum Speed Increase

Yes

YES

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

Balance Changes

Thanks for this. Good to see they're buffing underused suits (Somehow including White Dingo Guncannon and Wolf GM :negative:). Also, I know I haven't been on at all lately, been busy with juggling courses and coop training/work haven't really had time to play. Things are starting to settle down, I'll be on to play a bit this weekend.

Things that stood out to me:

Z'gok E gets a beam shotgun effected by beam shooter, definitely worth 340 cost with this.

Quick switch giving a temporary damage buff to the weapon you switch to makes it not so terrible a trait anymore. Theoretically you could always have a damage buff going on a Gouf custom with quick switch trait, insta swapping between the heat rod and the gatling. It's not quite machine gun shooter trait but you could emulate that, as long as you keep insta-switching to keep the damage buff up. Perhaps quick switch went from the worst trait for the Gouf Custom to the best?

Maybe we'll be asking for more suits that already have instant switch weapons to get quick switch trait anyway :laugh:

GP02 can set its beam burst output bazooka between full auto and semi auto mode, this might save the suit? Probably not, but it'll help in a fight. It'd be hilarious if a full auto beam bazooka melted mobile suits faster than the Alex gatling... It probably could be and still be balanced anyway due to the hurtbox and poor load cap on GP02.

GP02 gets insta-switch between both blast and burst output beam bazookas, just like the Pezun Dwadge will get between the rocket box and missile box. Thinking about it, this has potential to be a pretty nasty combo worth GP02's 360 cost... you could mimic what the Alex does, open up with a 10k beam bazooka then insta-swap to the full auto. GP02 even has quick switch trait, so the potential burst damage is really high... you'd probably knock down anything with a direct hit on the 10k bazooka too, unless they blocked it with a beam coated shield. I'll try it out when the patch hits, maybe my quick switch gold GP02 can redeem itself.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Quick switch giving a temporary damage buff to the weapon you switch to makes it not so terrible a trait anymore. Theoretically you could always have a damage buff going on a Gouf custom with quick switch trait, insta swapping between the heat rod and the gatling. It's not quite machine gun shooter trait but you could emulate that, as long as you keep insta-switching to keep the damage buff up. Perhaps quick switch went from the worst trait for the Gouf Custom to the best?

Is it just quick switch trait or the module? if just the trait do any shotgun units get it?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Unusual posted:

Is it just quick switch trait or the module? if just the trait do any shotgun units get it?

Trait.

The strongest is probably the Feddy RX-81 G-Line basic armour (NOT the 340 cost GLA, its the 300 cost assault you almost never see) can get a beam spray gun and quick switch.

The only other suits that can grab shotguns as well as quick switch are the 280 and 300 cost GM/Zaku snipers on each side.

E: I think GP02 will actually be pretty decent in the upcoming patch, instant switch dual blast/burst beam bazookas with quick switch damage buff sounds really strong in my mind. I bet I could make it work when the patch hits.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 16, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This may be the best event ever.

First game I got a DX ticket and a Garage ticket out of the page rewards.
Hopefully it keeps up this way.

E:
5 games 3 DX tickets so far. got one each time it showed up :)
Yeah its a good event!

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 20, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Oh man playing in the silver leagues after all this time is so nice. It's like a Zaku heaven where pixies aren't real and even the simple Zaku 1 can get some shoulder tackle kills on careless Alex pilots.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPBjpuYqz-I

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We're getting a bunch of new weapons on various suits on the 27th as well. Keep in mind that there isn't a translated list anywhere yet, so I'll do what I can to figure this out based on Chrome's translation of the update page.

Earth Federation units:

quote:

[Earth Federation Forces]
Prototype Gundam: Beam Javelin (Throwing)
GM Light Armor: Beam Javelin (Throwing)
Gundam Unit 5: Giant Gatling gun (Limiter release) <--no idea, mabye it's an L type gatling gun instead?
Guncannon: Incendiary howitzers, types N, M, F, W
GM Guard Custom: Dual wield beam sprayguns types N, M, F
Aqua Gundam: Charged underwater beam rifle :gonk:
Land Battle Type Gundam (container equipment): Repair pack:
GM Sniper (armed enhanced): "Scouting machine request grenade" (stun grenades?)
GM Sniper Custom (Jung machine): "Scouting machine request grenade"

Zeon units:

quote:

Prototype Gelgoog: Gelgoog: Beam halberd (Throwing) :getin:
Zogok: FA boomerang cutter types N, M, F
Zogok: Arm punch L-type
Action Zaku (mallet machine): Dual wield heat hawks types N, T, D, DII
Gyan: Volley-type hide bombs types N, M, F
Zaku Ⅱ Kai: Dummy balloon
Zaku II Kai: Smoke grenades
Z'Gok-E: Scattering beam cannon types N, F, B3
Gelgoog Cannon: Charge beam rifle types N, H, F
Zaku Ⅰ · Sniper (Commander): "Scouting machine request cracker" <-still think this is stun grenades
Zaku ⅡS type (sniper equipment) "Scouting machine request cracker"

IMO, Zeon's the big winner about this. Having dual shotguns on the GM Guard Custom is kind of rude, but no one uses it anyways so no big deal, whereas charge beams on the Gelgoog Cannon are actually a pretty big deal (and imo makes the heavy Action Zaku largely obsolete).

That being said, a charged underwater beam rifle on the Aqua Gundam is going to loving suck.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I hope the dummy balloons are the most obnoxious thing ever. Like how they were in Battle Universe where they force the enemy to lock on to them and last for loving ever if not destroyed.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I hope the dummy balloons are the most obnoxious thing ever. Like how they were in Battle Universe where they force the enemy to lock on to them and last for loving ever if not destroyed.

They had santa balloons briefly on the bernie map. You could accidentally lock onto them but other htan that it wasn't a big deal.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
New DX next week.

Federation
GM Intercept Custom (RGM-79KC): Assault, Cost 300, Ground/Space.
Main gimmick is throwing two grenades at once. Also it has dual wield beam sabers.

Gundam Unit 6 "Mudrock" (RX-78-6): Artillery, Cost 340, Ground/Space.
The Gundam from Zeonic Front! Apparently gonna be high mobility for an artillery unit. May also be able to fire even through AA pods.

Zeon:
Action Zaku (Sniper Equipment) (MS-11): Sniper, Cost 340, Ground/Space
Gundam Unit 4 mirror most likely.

Gouf Flight Type (MS-07H8): Assault, Cost 340, Ground
Has a special module to decrease boost consumption and increase jump height, and has both the Gouf Custom's shield and a special charge gatling.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

after suffering boat and helping him out I am back to gold, and now he must suffer as I take dirty photos of gundams

• Locked thread