Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Launch showed up in that Tarble special but Toriyama forgot about her again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
So this series is gonna have Lunch in it... right?

edit: gently caress, beaten

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
A new series? :allears:

King Piccolo Day isn't even for another week and a half and we're getting presents early.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

So because of this news and my friends all talking about it and playing xenoverse I started Z today for the first time, and am 6 episodes in. I've got a long way to go, it looks like.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Yamcha should take over as the new head of the turtle martial arts school, make it so his character arc was him being afraid of girls to becoming the new old pervert

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
ive just found out toriyama has a son named sasuke

SOOO many jokes i could make, but im not! :v:

Dark Raku
Sep 20, 2012

Aardvark Barber posted:

So because of this news and my friends all talking about it and playing xenoverse I started Z today for the first time, and am 6 episodes in. I've got a long way to go, it looks like.

I honestly remember the series being longer than it actually is. Having watched it recently I was surprised at the episode count. But yes, you have a ways to go. It is a fun ride.

So glad a new series is coming, mainly because I like the current visual style better than the old and movie continuity has always felt wired to me. I am looking forward to hearing the music and score choices a lot.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Anime Curator posted:

toriyama doesn't know how to draw female super sayians

The designs already exist from Dragonball Online, there is no excuse at this point. Super Saiyan Pan, being millions of times more powerful than her grandpa Hercule, nearly breaking the man in half with hugs.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Beautiful Ninja posted:

The designs already exist from Dragonball Online, there is no excuse at this point. Super Saiyan Pan, being millions of times more powerful than her grandpa Hercule, nearly breaking the man in half with hugs.

How about that Pan will be less than 4, her age from the last chapter time skip? Seems like a good excuse.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Silynt posted:

How about that Pan will be less than 4, her age from the last chapter time skip? Seems like a good excuse.

Sure didn't stop Gotenks and Trucks jumping the gun on becoming Super Saiyan?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

T

Rirse posted:

Sure didn't stop Gotenks and Trucks jumping the gun on becoming Super Saiyan?

They were 7 and 8. But I mean if you want a 2 year old super saiyan your head canon is yours dude.,

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kild posted:

They were 7 and 8. But I mean if you want a 2 year old super saiyan your head canon is yours dude.,

We don't know how old Goten and Trunks were when they first became Super Saiyans. It could have been pre-walking.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

We don't know how old Goten and Trunks were when they first became Super Saiyans. It could have been pre-walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hqf_UOOwh0

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

MooselanderII posted:

Does Fox still have first dibs on the distribution rights in North America? I thought that this was the case, but with the English version of the movie coming out this year, I'm hoping that this is no longer the case.

I think the distribution rights were bought up by Fox. Not sure if it's just for movies which they have helped in Resurrection of F and Battle of Gods, and well made Evolution. I think for a series, I think that'll be licensed out to Funimation. If it has to go through Fox then they'll just give it to Funimation as they have for the movies as I would expect.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still love the shot of Vegeta freezing with the perfect "Oh poo poo I just punched my six-year old in the face" expression.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So this was a couple pages ago, but were they seriously thinking of making BoG's plot the loving Baby Arc again?

Yes, the plot was that Beerus (Virus) was the cause of the Saiyans on Planet Vegeta being evil in the first place, and he comes to earth to infect the Saiyans there, and then Goku turns Super Saiyan god (which is this intense ripply muscled caped form of Goku) to kill Beerus and absolve the Saiyans of all their crimes because it was just an evil virus you guys!

Toriyama came on and was like "Nah that shits whack, dude's Beers, his partner is whisky." And thus we got the comical Battle of Gods and a rather slim and ordinary looking Super Saiyan form.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So where is Piccolo's "All of them?" line from in the first place.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rirse posted:

end of Dragon Ball, he renders Goku quadriplegic after blasting a hole through his chest and Goku goes "Yup, thank goodness you missed all my vital organs" to which piccolo responds... yeah.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rirse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjGShZSEsRs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Yep, clearly Trunks' first transformation, despite him knowing that he can transform.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Onmi posted:

Yes, the plot was that Beerus (Virus) was the cause of the Saiyans on Planet Vegeta being evil in the first place, and he comes to earth to infect the Saiyans there, and then Goku turns Super Saiyan god (which is this intense ripply muscled caped form of Goku) to kill Beerus and absolve the Saiyans of all their crimes because it was just an evil virus you guys!

Toriyama came on and was like "Nah that shits whack, dude's Beers, his partner is whisky." And thus we got the comical Battle of Gods and a rather slim and ordinary looking Super Saiyan form.

I am vaguely curious what this original version concept of Super Saiyan God looks like

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am vaguely curious what this original version concept of Super Saiyan God looks like

Well

quote:

According to interviews with the Battle of Gods character designer, Tadayoshi Yamamuro, the original concept for Super Saiyan God had the form being more muscular, wearing a cape, and with a hairstyle in-between Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4.

No pictures of it exist though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Where......where does the cape come from?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

CharlestheHammer posted:

Where......where does the cape come from?

From the souls of 6 pure hearted Saiyans

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Onmi posted:

"Nah that shits whack, dude's Beers, his partner is whisky."

Haha I never got that. I should have expected a pun.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Onmi posted:

Well

No pictures of it exist though.

Christ that sounds awful, thank Beerus that Toriyama stepped in to end the madness

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also just from looking on the Wiki

quote:

This form is attained by mastering the Super Saiyan God form.The first two to be able to use this form is Goku and Vegeta. This form was able to let Goku and Vegeta to fight on par with Golden Frieza, whose power level is over 100 quintillion. At 75% of their power Goku says that he'll be able to defeat Beerus, and Whis says that if Goku and Vegeta both challenge Beerus in this form, they might be able to beat him.

On SSGSS

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Yep, clearly Trunks' first transformation, despite him knowing that he can transform.

I didn't link it for Trunks' transformation lol.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
That is a huge gap between Goku's Observation of SSGSS and Whis'.

I'm going with Whis'

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I still love the shot of Vegeta freezing with the perfect "Oh poo poo I just punched my six-year old in the face" expression.
But unlike Kakarott, he keeps his promises.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Onmi posted:

On SSGSS

Oh no, not more power level discussions :cripes:.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Onmi posted:

On SSGSS

100 quintillion? At at some point, they'll have to switch to scientific notation.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Oh no, not more power level discussions.

to be fair the actual source for this was someone asking Frieza's VA how high his power level was now. And the dude answering "I dunno about 100 Quintillion"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A hundred quintillion. Or, put another way, you know how much stronger Super Saiyan Goku is than Turtle? Golden Frieza is that much stronger than Super Saiyan Goku, times ten.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

A hundred quintillion. Or, put another way, you know how much stronger Super Saiyan Goku is than Turtle? Golden Frieza is that much stronger than Super Saiyan Goku, times ten.

What are you talking about? Turtle is the most powerful character in the franchise. The fighting style Roshi taught Goku and co. is named after him for a reason.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

What are you talking about? Turtle is the most powerful character in the franchise. The fighting style Roshi taught Goku and co. is named after him for a reason.

That's also where Goku learned his 'hands-off' approach to parenting.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Bushmaori posted:

That's also where Goku learned his 'hands-off' approach to parenting.

That's 100% true though.

I've also been watching Dragon Ball for the first time, and I recently went through the Tien tournament. When he had his fight against Jackie Chun/Roshi, and Roshi decided that his time was over and it was time make way for the next generation of fighters, and he just calmly walked away in the middle of the fight, I started thinking "wait a second, I've seen this plot somewhere before... OH poo poo CELL GAMES". Goku very much did learn his parenting skills from Roshi.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Onmi posted:

On SSGSS

Goku actually doesn't say anything like that in the movie. The DB wiki isn't very reliable.

filthychimp posted:

100 quintillion? At at some point, they'll have to switch to scientific notation.

It's from a pun Freeza's VA made in an interview about how since Freeza is such a nice guy ( ナイスガイ; naisu gai) his power level should be 100 quintillion (垓; gai). Nobody should be taking it seriously.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

projecthalaxy posted:

Haha I never got that. I should have expected a pun.

It's a spoiler even.

After all. Whiskey is stronger than Beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

RaspberryCommie posted:

It's a spoiler even.

After all. Whiskey is stronger than Beer.

god drat it

also if they do end up fighting some big bad new threat in the series or another movie, I say there's only one dude they use, one dude to really cap off the series

his name is Son Goku

• Locked thread