Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Riipfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Riip Hiip.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Farewell Hiipfire, what a journey it has been.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was a bit surprised at that result tbh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, no matter how I feel, it's bygones now.

Nice to have you back I guess, Coil.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pmush, don't you mean, "nice to meet you, coil"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Everyone else, I'll see you tomorrow at the Immunity Challenge, 8:30PM EST. You'll all be able to help, but we'll need 5 volunteers from each tribe in a challenge that will probably last over an hour.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Can we talk and stuff now? =D I wanna be sure before I DQ myself through dumbassery.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I want you all to know that I'm out of sand dollars now after this Tribal Council... ;_;

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hahah did you guys take bets on OUR tribal council?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I want you all to know that I'm out of sand dollars now after this Tribal Council... ;_;

I lost all of my bets, and I've still made money!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I won

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Strong Mouse posted:

I lost all of my bets, and I've still made money!

You have to pay back loans you know

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You have to pay back loans you know

Wait really?

drat. And here I was thinking that everything was going great for me.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

DUMB SWOLE TRIBE DOESN'T LIKE SEXY BORK'S FISH SHOES?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I made it very clear that was just a crab shell btw you guys. You have hurt my feelings. It's all cool though.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I stand by my point. ^^^ are actually SHOES. Your prior fish shoes were just foot toppers :( ARRRGGGGHHH

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In the description we said they had bark soles and fish tops

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just care so much about fashion! :v:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Who just says "I'm gonna strap this fish to the top of my foot"?????????????

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Like are you gonna change the fish out every time you put the shoe on to prevent rot or

because that poo poo's gonna be NASTY after like half a day

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I object to the idea that the outfit itself was in any way innovative.

The presentation of it was brilliant, of course.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tbh the fish foot idea mostly came out of me seeing the fish in the pic and wanting to incorporate it in the design.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I wanted to put the fire itself, but nobody was going for that!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Just be glad my initial fish placement was rejected:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Just be glad my initial fish placement was rejected:

TBH i like that better

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my suit got rejected.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

That IS pretty sexy.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Just don't try calling it "unisex" like that literal fishnet top you tried to pass off on Narcotics.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey I think we've become a progressive enough island society that we can move away from the shame of an exposed torso on any body.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My outfit was unisex btw.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey I think we've become a progressive enough island society that we can move away from the shame of an exposed torso on any body.

There is being progressive, and there is trying to play challenges with your boobs punching out your eyeballs. I rest my case.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
awwww gently caress are you kidding me

i saw fluck post about the challenge being on tuesday so i forgot about staying up today goddamnit

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also I finally get free time and THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME

i see how it is

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on in, guys.

This week's challenge is all about getting fit. Whether you want to become a swole DILF like me, or just want to get toned, you're going to have to work for it.

Working for it, in this case, means establishing an exercise routine that involves lifting at least 750 pounds. Five of you from each tribe will be participating. Some of you may be able to lift more weight than others, but those less buff among you can make up the difference by doing more reps and more sets. You will each be assigned a weight to work with based on your tribe's muscle rankings.

If you are assigned a 25 pound weight, you could reach the 750 pound goal by, for example, doing 3 sets of 10. Alternatively, if you are working with a 5 pound shake weight, you could do 5 sets of 30. You also can go over 750 pounds and still meet the goal, but overworking will be a drawback in the event of a tie. Either way, if you succeed, you'll be looking sexy and sculpted in those mesh tops you designed last week.

Getting your personal routine set up isn't too complicated, looking at it in broad terms. You'll be told the weight you're working with. I'll place up for "auction" in the thread a number of sets or reps. A representative from the tribe going first will claim the item at auction. The other tribe then has the chance to counterclaim. Finally, the original tribe, though it must be a different player, gets the chance to claim the item back. When the next item comes up for auction, the tribe who went second the previous round gets to go first.

Simple enough, right? I hope so. That's basically it in a nutshell, and I don't want to overwhelm everyone, so I'm starting off by posting just this short version of the rules. In a few minutes, I'll post the full rules, which basically exist simply to ensure that the above runs smoothly and everything proceeds in a set way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not sure what the actual GOAL of the challenge is? Is it just to design a theoretical exercise routine? Because that seems hard to judge.

Is it to stick to an exercise routine? Because that's the sort of challenge that takes months, not hours/days.

Is it just to post a video of us doing the 750-lbs thing? Because I would object to the challenge on the grounds of mandatory videos.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I will say "30 reps up for auction."

The starting tribe will have a player claim it, if they so choose.

The opposing tribe gets the opportunity to counterclaim it.

Then the opening tribe can send a different player to claim it back, if they so choose.

That's the end of the round.

Whoever ends up with the "30 reps" gets 30 reps on their board, to be multiplied by their weight and their sets, aiming for at least 750. It's a numbers-based game, you won't actually be lifting real weights on a video.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, now I'm just confused.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I will say "30 reps up for auction."

The starting tribe will have a player claim it, if they so choose.

The opposing tribe gets the opportunity to counterclaim it.

Then the opening tribe can send a different player to claim it back, if they so choose.

That's the end of the round.

Whoever ends up with the "30 reps" gets 30 reps on their board, to be multiplied by their weight and their sets, aiming for at least 750. It's a numbers-based game, you won't actually be lifting real weights on a video.

And what are we claiming it with? Do we just post "i want that" and the other team goes "no I want that!!!"

how does this auction work, what is the currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
When a tribe wins a rep auction, do we get to hand out that number of reps to whatever individual we want?

And, are we ALL each trying to hit 750, or hit 750 collectively?

I know you're posting more detailed rules, so ignore this if you explain it later.

• Locked thread