Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Nothing gets people as mad as when you shoot APCR out of the IS-6. I mean, how dare you??

I just ask why they aren't mad at King Tigers and IS-3's shooting AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've had people get mad at my gold ammo after they shot me with gold ammo.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Ensign Expendable posted:

Because while you are going to grind the shitbox that is the Lee, some percentage of players will say "never again" and pay free XP to skip it. Free XP, bought with gold, is money in WG's pocket. The T1 is only 14000 free XP though, that's a very achievable amount of free XP to get just by playing for a while.

Hey, this newbie is loving rolling Tier IV in my Lee...sadly I'm doing better than any other tank I have by a huge margin:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm sorely tempted to buy the T-54 First Proto, a slightly slower T-44 with better armour seems like it could still be a lark if played properly. A higher tier T-34-85M, without the relatively poo poo gun, maybe.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Blindeye posted:

Hey, this newbie is loving rolling Tier IV in my Lee...sadly I'm doing better than any other tank I have by a huge margin:

Sometimes a bad tank will just click with you and you'll wreck face, this is how I have a 70% win rate in my AMX 40.

Speaking of terrible tanks, the Valentine might be bad to play, but it looks hella baller on my shelf.

More pics

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
This thread needs more flying tanks.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1833944#overlord-steelion-m46_patton

The magic happens right at the end.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

wow....

edit: wow that scrub only has one pool's medal?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Proof positive that the better you are at tanks (and the worse, it's basically a Bell curve) the more terrible of a human being you are. Coinflippers are paragons of humanity.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm curious about the HP of modules.

Does each module have a fixed HP? So if you upgrade it (tracks, wet ammo rack, co2 tank, crew skills, etc ) does that give you 'more' HP for that module? Or are these things purely RNG based with the upgrades simply lessening the chance of an unfavorable result?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Ensign Expendable posted:

I don't really have that much on the Tiger shooting at things, mostly on things shooting at the Tiger. Has GF improved? I played a few months back, it was like WoT but more boring and battles took forever and there was no way to predict how many times you had to shoot someone before they died.

Thank you for posting this, now I don't have to listen to his jibber-jabber anymore

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

How many were tier 4 battles? I have watched deep purples yolo into six tanks multiple times today for super high stats to have any credibility.

Chaosprime
Sep 30, 2014
Is the top Lorr 40 Engine worth researching? The stock one seems fairly good, so I'm unsure dropping 36k for an engine that's only used on it will be worth bothering with.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

subhelios posted:

Proof positive that the better you are at tanks (and the worse, it's basically a Bell curve) the more terrible of a human being you are. Coinflippers are paragons of humanity.

I am pretty sure he's not a furry :ssh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

James Garfield posted:

I dunno Sela may be a furry. Don't kinkshame.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

James Garfield posted:

At this point I don't particularly care whether he is or not. He is willing to be in their company for whatever reason and that is enough for me.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

How many were tier 4 battles? I have watched deep purples yolo into six tanks multiple times today for super high stats to have any credibility.

sela is legitimately good of what I have seen in replays and in games.
Well, except that time when he platooned with some 47%s in his CDC, where I asked him if he did community service and then he got blapped by a 43% E-25.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

The Southern Dandy posted:

Thank you for posting this, now I don't have to listen to his jibber-jabber anymore

Dead to me forever

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

WebDO posted:

Dead to me forever

You say that now, until it's "hay let's play WT it's great!"

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Chaosprime posted:

Is the top Lorr 40 Engine worth researching? The stock one seems fairly good, so I'm unsure dropping 36k for an engine that's only used on it will be worth bothering with.

The Lorr isn't slow, but trust me, you want the top engine. The numbers may not seem like much on paper, but that extra horsepower will get back into cover just fast enough for you to turn what would be a hit into an evaded shot. Considering the lack of armor, the more you can do this the better off you are.

Counterpoint: More engine power will just as easily get you into trouble. I elited the vehicle, and until the last 40-50k XP or so I didn't really 'get' the tank.

On a related note, the Batchat seems to continue the proud tradition of my AMX light line of randomly bouncing shots from T34's for no apparent reason. Managed to ricochet a 120mm off the cupola somehow.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

subhelios posted:

At this point I don't particularly care whether he is or not. He is willing to be in their company for whatever reason and that is enough for me.

He streamed his first day in the clan and platooned with a bunch of furry shitters who had no idea they were being streamed. It was glorious.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

saintonan posted:

He streamed his first day in the clan and platooned with a bunch of furry shitters who had no idea they were being streamed. It was glorious.
here's some video of that: http://www.twitch.tv/selawot/v/4465021

In the first minute they're talking about what animals the furry players are. A little later there's a discussion about how many people are named "snowviper" (apparently more than one) and then his shitter furry platoonmates unironically use HE against an E100 and an E75 (they were in E100 and Maus). They're shocked that an E75 is able to pen the front turret of a Maus if he shoots gold, which leads to complaining about gold.

Ugh, then later they ask if sela, in his AMX 30B, shot HE at a 47 health JPz E100. No, no he did not.

The furry players sound exactly like you would expect furry players to sound like on voice comms

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 29, 2015

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

What the hell is going on at about 07:50ish when he locks on to the bat.chat without clicking on it? Is there some addon that does that for you?

edit: never mind its some addon called autoaim plus.

sarr fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 29, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

sarr posted:

What the hell is going on at about 07:50ish when he locks on to the bat.chat without clicking on it? Is there some addon that does that for you?
yes

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Bellyaching about gold rounds in a platoon with a guy running nothing but gold ammo, gold consumables and food.

Apparently all those mods make his client unstable enough that he doesn't even react to a crash to desktop.

"That was LOL" - an adult man, speaking out loud.

e- bellyaching endlessly.

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 29, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
The amount of posturing that goes on about Gold Rounds is dumb. Quickybaby continually talks about scumbag gold users etc while using Chocolate, Cola etc on literally every tank I see him play.

On a Tanks I'm Playing note, holy poo poo the Walker Bulldog. 1700 damage for purple wn8 and I recently had a slew of games where I quite easily hit 4-5k damage. Its insane. The more experienced I get at this game (just hit around 10k games with 1870 wn8) the more tanks like mediums, heaviums and lights start to become useful and absolutely chalk up stats.
I recently bought the IS-8 and if I bought it at 3-4k games I'd have detested it and wondered why on earth this lovely tank even exists when it gets reliably penned by Tigers two tiers lower than it. Factor in good gun stats and a really zippy hull and all of a sudden its pounding out damage reliably.

maev fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 29, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Decided to play a quick match in my M4 Sherman this morning before work.

What do you get when you're on Lakeville with no tank destroyers on either side and field full of Tier IV tanks to eat with your 105mm? :v:

I would have left cap for a Pool's Medal but I had to leave for work. :(

>> REPLAY <<

Chaosprime
Sep 30, 2014

Rorac posted:

The Lorr isn't slow, but trust me, you want the top engine. The numbers may not seem like much on paper, but that extra horsepower will get back into cover just fast enough for you to turn what would be a hit into an evaded shot. Considering the lack of armor, the more you can do this the better off you are.

Counterpoint: More engine power will just as easily get you into trouble. I elited the vehicle, and until the last 40-50k XP or so I didn't really 'get' the tank.

On a related note, the Batchat seems to continue the proud tradition of my AMX light line of randomly bouncing shots from T34's for no apparent reason. Managed to ricochet a 120mm off the cupola somehow.

Thanks, I shall research it right away! Looking forward to Batchat, though I've always found the Chinese light tanks much better than the AMX for trollish bounces on those turrets!

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Uranium 235 posted:

The furry players sound exactly like you would expect furry players to sound like on voice comms

I can't look away. These guys are even more awkward than I am.

Edit: This is some next level poo poo. One hour in. They're super racist, too.

srb fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 29, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

srb posted:

I can't look away. These guys are even more awkward than I am.

Edit: This is some next level poo poo. One hour in. They're super racist, too.

Of course they are. The more awkward the gamers, the more racist they are in general.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I just started watching and I'm already smiling. This is going to make my workday.

Also, I'm looking at that [MEX] platoon. I thought they were supposed to be one of the better latino clans?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Uranium 235 posted:

In the first minute they're talking about what animals the furry players are. A little later there's a discussion about how many people are named "snowviper" (apparently more than one) and then his shitter furry platoonmates unironically use HE against an E100 and an E75 (they were in E100 and Maus). They're shocked that an E75 is able to pen the front turret of a Maus if he shoots gold, which leads to complaining about gold.

Ugh, then later they ask if sela, in his AMX 30B, shot HE at a 47 health JPz E100. No, no he did not.

Why did I click this? WHY? Now I need a Silkwood shower and a stiff drink. :barf:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Why did I click this? WHY? Now I need a Silkwood shower and a stiff drink. :barf:

It is like the slowest, most grueling train wreak. I cannot look away...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Armored Warfare has :10bux: founders packs up for those that care.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Oh my loving word.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

xthetenth posted:

Of course they are. The more awkward the gamers, the more racist they are in general.

I get called a friend of the family like every single day in this game.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Is it me or are most crew skills middling to useless? They either require everybody to have the skill just to get functionality (camo, brothers in arms) or give such a tiny boost its really hard to notice a difference.

Sixth sense is probably the best. Actually all the Commander skills are useful.

But the loader and radioman skills are awful. Adrenaline Rush should give a scaling bonus- the less HP you have, the faster your reload. Radioman in general feels pointless and many higher tier tanks don't even need one.

I wish there were more loader abilities that improved reloading through situational circumstances- like getting critted or ramming an enemy. Radioman should get perks that spot enemies based on their radio range or enemy active skills and perks.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Panfilo posted:

Radioman in general feels pointless and many higher tier tanks don't even need one.
Radioman has view range and signal range boosters, so those are nice. The Relay perk can help if you're mid map so that people on one side of a map can see the enemies on the other side of the map. They're mainly light tank perks though.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

RanKizama posted:

Radioman has view range and signal range boosters, so those are nice. The Relay perk can help if you're mid map so that people on one side of a map can see the enemies on the other side of the map. They're mainly light tank perks though.

Radio range isn't an issue past tier 4 or so, view range is the only useful unique skill on a radioman until the 6th sense rework happens. But yea most skills are poo poo~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Panfilo posted:

Is it me or are most crew skills middling to useless? They either require everybody to have the skill just to get functionality (camo, brothers in arms) or give such a tiny boost its really hard to notice a difference.

Camo doesn't need everyone to have it, although it is most effective if the whole crew does.