Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, it's weird. Of all of the main characters, John IS the most heroic and suitably mythic of the bunch.

He's got the weird unique power that lets him do poo poo that straight up defies canon, he's the most detached of them all, having spent next to no time with any single one of them, and they all know who he is and that he's, with a dead erased Terezie's help, responsible for changing their lives for the better.

I guess that's why John's the protagonist out of all of these doofs. He is the alpha doof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Color Printer posted:

This is getting too happy and sweet. Someone needs to die soon or I'm gonna start to get worried.

I offer Jake as sacrifice.

Has he even said anything???

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My favorite thing about this is that John is actively ignoring Vriska in all of this. He even looked away when she said something

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This update abruptly changed my headcanon, Goku from DBZ Abridged is now John's voice

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

My favorite thing about this is that John is actively ignoring Vriska in all of this. He even looked away when she said something

I genuinely thought he was looking at her first, then the rest of the group next. I am super bad at visualizing images like this.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

D'aww, Kanaya is so happy for Rose. Man, Dave, lay off the alchemized Valium.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

John speaks for everyone, I feel.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WAR FOOT posted:

I like this a lot, I really like the idea that under all the passive-aggressive ironic poo poo they did to each other, the Moms cared for their respective Lalondes.

I'm pretty sure Rose's Mom was never passive agressive, it was all in Rose's head. All the stuff she thought she liked and did just to gently caress with her turned out to be genuine interests of Roxy's.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009

Kazy posted:

Is anyone else's MSPANotify going off like crazy?

Yep, it's not just you.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

D'aww, Kanaya is so happy for Rose. Man, Dave, lay off the alchemized Valium.

I think he's just gobsmacked more than anything. Isn't this legitimately the first time he and John have met face to face in this timeline? It's probably quite a bit of "holy poo poo my best friend that I've never met is legit here right now"

Also yay John is back :allears: Finally this comic will be good again.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

JT Jag posted:

This update abruptly changed my headcanon, Goku from DBZ Abridged is now John's voice

Oh my god.

I can't unhear it.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
D'awww indeed, John. :3:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm pretty sure Rose's Mom was never passive agressive, it was all in Rose's head. All the stuff she thought she liked and did just to gently caress with her turned out to be genuine interests of Roxy's.

Yup. The very first line in Roxy's introduction page, right after her name, was "holy poo poo do you love wizards"

And it was heartbreaking

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

The Lalondes look like they're making weird fish faces at each other.

I guess he did say the art was going to be a little rough.

The mouths have always looked weird in this art style, I think the lines are too thick or something.

EDIT: She even kinda looks like a cartoon fish in profile:

Though that might just be because of the lack of a nose.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 29, 2015

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

WAR FOOT posted:

I genuinely thought he was looking at her first, then the rest of the group next.

I have no idea what Mr.Stefan is going on about, because this seems to be exactly what is happening.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I have no idea what Mr.Stefan is going on about, because this seems to be exactly what is happening.

Facing the group, Vriska and Terezi are on John's left, the others on his right. John looks to the right.

he also doesn't even directly acknowledge Vriska, but he does for Dave and Karkat

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Is this revenge for speculating on Dave and Karkat's relationship

Is that what this "Is he acknowledging Vriska" is for

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It wouldn't really be a notable thing if it wasn't that Vriska is the only oersin to greet him and he says nothing to her in response.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I don't think humans without glasses usually have dot eyes, that's where a lot of the weirdness is coming from

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The art does look a touch rough, even the scrawled group-shot in that deliberately blobby actually MSPainted style look even blobbier than usual.

Cute reunion, this. It's probably pretty powerful for John and Roxy considering all their friends were horribly massacred last time through the timeline. Jake might also be happy to see Roxy again since she'd just been murdered, if he can find the wherewithal to say anything.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dolash posted:

The art does look a touch rough, even the scrawled group-shot in that deliberately blobby actually MSPainted style look even blobbier than usual.

Cute reunion, this. It's probably pretty powerful for John and Roxy considering all their friends were horribly massacred last time through the timeline. Jake might also be happy to see Roxy again since she'd just been murdered, if he can find the wherewithal to say anything.

The Roxy Jake knew his entire life is dead and now a doppelganger from another dimension has come to take her place. It's probably going to take some time for Jake to get used to this situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNa4NKFE6wE

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Roxy :kimchi:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Roxy Jake knew his entire life is dead and now a doppelganger from another dimension has come to take her place. It's probably going to take some time for Jake to get used to this situation.

Doesn't this happen in like a million Star Trek episodes, and the cast always end up shrugging and going "Ha ha, you're allllllllright, alternate dimensional guy who's similar but not the same to our friend who just died!"

I know it happened to Harry Kim and Miles O'Brien.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You're assuming Jake would understand any of this. It's probably "hey there's Roxy again!"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
reminder: dave + karkat was already canon

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Color Printer posted:

This is getting too happy and sweet. Someone needs to die soon or I'm gonna start to get worried.

Dont worry they're all just mind controlled into liking each other.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ehh, both Roxies shared the same timeline for 99% of their life. It's only after the Beta Kids arrived that the timelines diverged.

Like, would it take you that long to adjust if your best friend was replaced by another that was identical in every way except for she didn't stop at Starbucks yesterday morning?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

atomicthumbs posted:

oh goddammit

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

mr. stefan posted:

It wouldn't really be a notable thing if it wasn't that Vriska is the only person to greet him and he says nothing to her in response.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I kind of want him to be wary of Vriska, in light of what her alternate self has done. But he didn't seem to have mixed feelings about saving her life, and after he punched her he said he was looking forward to meeting her alive. And that was five minutes ago, so his feelings can't have changed much.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

That means we're probably pretty close to Vriska getting decapitated, then!

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

WAR FOOT posted:

That means we're probably pretty close to Vriska getting decapitated, then!

:rolldice:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I look forward to see what the Dirk/Dave encounter looks like; I think both of them have more complicated emotions about their guardians.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

John, Rose, Dave, and Jade's souls combine to form John's Dad.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

JT Jag posted:

An excuse! To post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dad and Dad are both thrown into one of the remaining kernels and become Dad ^2sprite.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I knew what this was before I clicked it, and I watched the whole thing anyway

How many times have I watched this thing by this point

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Tollymain posted:

I knew what this was before I clicked it, and I watched the whole thing anyway

How many times have I watched this thing by this point

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Haha, I accidentally hit page 7 of this thread instead of 'Last' and it's just multiple pages of goons getting blueballs not being able to watch Cascade because I guess it literally crashed Newgrounds when Hussie first uploaded it? :psyduck:

Sometimes I feel like I missed some really magical experiences getting into this comic so late...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Zoe posted:

Haha, I accidentally hit page 7 of this thread instead of 'Last' and it's just multiple pages of goons getting blueballs not being able to watch Cascade because I guess it literally crashed Newgrounds when Hussie first uploaded it? :psyduck:

Sometimes I feel like I missed some really magical experiences getting into this comic so late...

It crashed newgrounds, yes. On the reinforced server it has for just such occasions.

Then Hussie uploaded it to Megaupload. Which promptly went down as well.

Then Tumblr went down from the absolute shitfit which followed.

Cascade broke half the internet.