Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wazzit posted:

My favorite thing about the youtube comments for the trailer is the rabid outrage that this isn't going to continue the story of everyone's favorite character, David Mason.

But we already found out what the numbers mean. How can we continue his plot? Does he have more numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

But we already found out what the numbers mean. How can we continue his plot? Does he have more numbers?

"The fractions Mason. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?!?"

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Then the whole game leads up to a groan-worthy pun about him acting irrational.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
If anybody plays this on PS4 add me on PSN: Stumpalitious.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Looks like I'm playing COD on PC this year.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mill Village posted:

Looks like I'm playing COD on PC this year.

Why? Don't you want to be able to play the game against other people for more than a week after release?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lazyfire posted:

Why? Don't you want to be able to play the game against other people for more than a week after release?

PS4 is about equal to the PC at this point. :shepicide:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Did they ever put a # of players worldwide display in AW?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

Did they ever put a # of players worldwide display in AW?

Nope.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Mister Macys posted:

I've been on the past few days and I haven't had any issues finding games, like it's always really quick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That means just for League Play, not for regular games, right?

welp guess I'm getting into League Play this year.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

That means just for League Play, not for regular games, right?
welp guess I'm getting into League Play this year.
Everything on BO2 PC was dedicated. Consoles were just dedi for league I think.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stumpalitious posted:

I've been on the past few days and I haven't had any issues finding games, like it's always really quick.

I'm referring specifically to goons.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

So are we all getting it for xbone then or have some people not bought their Microsoft Brand Dedicated Call of Duty Machine yet?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

So are we all getting it for xbone then or have some people not bought their Microsoft Brand Dedicated Call of Duty Machine yet?

Whatever system has Wazzit on it is the system I'll be getting.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So how many more disappointing CoD games before you guys stop slamming your dicks in the silverware drawer yearly?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Fibby Boy posted:

Whatever system has Wazzit on it is the system I'll be getting.

BRO, I hope YOU ARE READY for some quality WII U ~~~GAMING~~~. :glomp:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

As much as I liked BO2, I learned my lesson with AW. No more digital pre-purchase + season pass nonsense. If BO2 style Combat Training returns I'll buy it guaranteed, but just the game only, on disc. If not, I may actually just gamefly it first because if I'm still riding the Destiny train in November I'm probably not going to play BO3 for more than a week regardless of quality

Roman fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 28, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Splatoon, May 29th. :getin:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Lazyfire posted:

So how many more disappointing CoD games before you guys stop slamming your dicks in the silverware drawer yearly?

As disappointing as recent CoDs have gotten, the first 2-3 months of nightcrew games are normally worth the cost of entry.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

My dreams are finally coming true! :neckbeard:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Roman posted:

As much as I liked BO2, I learned my lesson with AW. No more digital pre-purchase + season pass nonsense. If BO2 style Combat Training returns I'll buy it guaranteed, but just the game only, on disc. If not, I may actually just gamefly it first because if I'm still riding the Destiny train in November I'm probably not going to play BO3 for more than a week regardless of quality

Same except I'll buy the most expensive one that comes with a cool toy., and I'll max prestige.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

beaner69 posted:

Same except I'll buy the most expensive one that comes with a cool toy., and I'll max prestige.
If Combat Training comes back I'll be max prestige with a 0.0 K/D

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm playing this dumb game for the first time since launch week. Just went positive!

Ps4 - poooM

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I want to pre-order this to get beta access but I'm moving soon - how's Amazon's release day shipping - I've never taken the chance of getting a game I actually wanted on release from them.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've never had an issue getting a game on release day from them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

sba posted:

I want to pre-order this to get beta access but I'm moving soon - how's Amazon's release day shipping - I've never taken the chance of getting a game I actually wanted on release from them.

It's pretty much 100%

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nighthand posted:

I've never had an issue getting a game on release day from them.

Move to Canada. It's worthless here. :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can you guys make another thread to talk about this because I keep thinking people are actually playing this game :saddowns:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
So I'm trying to play the one shot one kill/bolt action mode and its basically unplayable because its nothing but people spamming the hud-wrecking EMP thing

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Can you guys make another thread to talk about this because I keep thinking people are actually playing this game :saddowns:

Talking about other games, for PAGES at a time, is a time-honored tradition in the CoD threads. The mods can't stop us. You won't stop us.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

el B posted:

Talking about other games, for PAGES at a time, is a time-honored tradition in the CoD threads. The mods can't stop us. You won't stop us.

This is probably the nerdiest and douchiest post I've ever read on these forums, good work poindexter

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Fetus Tree posted:

This is probably the nerdiest and douchiest post I've ever read on these forums, good work poindexter

https://youtu.be/x4iBBfEHNaE

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Speaking of butts, Saw Furious 7 last night, and holy poo poo; it is CoD levels of "over the top", with a side of G.I. Joe.

In fact, I daresay that Furious 7 is the literal definition of the term.

:iia:

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'll make a new one tonight, been doing research all week

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Don't forget to list all of the masks and their possible symbological meaning, both to the plot and to the overarching CoD meta-arc.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3716726

done

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why it gotta be black

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Why it gotta be black

#BlackLivesMatter Racist. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Fetus Tree posted:

So I'm trying to play the one shot one kill/bolt action mode and its basically unplayable because its nothing but people spamming the hud-wrecking EMP thing

I'm just at the point where I always roll hardline, always. Only game mode where I seem to get away without it is Kill Confirmed.

• Locked thread