Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

deadly_pudding posted:

This was my thought, as well. I wonder if this is gonna be one of those sentai that has like 8-10 rangers by the end of the series, like Kyoryuger or Magiranger.

If Dadranger doesn't end up being a thing I'm going to...something suitably appropriate for a toxx I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
An awkwardly foreign influenced ranger will join until half the team are ninja, and the other half is basically Battle Fever J.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fooley posted:

An awkwardly foreign influenced ranger will join until half the team are ninja, and the other half is basically Battle Fever J.

Please give us a cartoon Russian ninja. There's a star on that hat, and everything.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Please give us a cartoon Russian ninja. There's a star on that hat, and everything.

Chuuni demon Ninja with an upside-down pentagram on their helmet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chroma Squad, the toku tactical RPG-tycoon of sorts has 'shipped' to backers, and it's coming out officially on Thursday. :toot:

VV: Have just finished the tutorial, but I don't think I will regret the 10 euros (I think) I spent on it, especially when I see what the Rider "DLC" will be. Wouldn't mind higher-fidelity graphics, but that might just be me being spoilt by Shovel Knight :v:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 28, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Serperoth posted:

Chroma Squad, the toku tactical RPG-tycoon of sorts has 'shipped' to backers, and it's coming out officially on Thursday. :toot:

It's also pretty decent! I don't know what they're charging for it, but it's worth ~$20, I would say.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

will it be on Steam?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes! I believe it is also DRM-free.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
For anyone wondering and also lazy, here is the Steam page.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Why did 50 randomly detransform in this episode between the start and the middle portion when he shows up again? It doesn't usually seem to happen; like it happened in like episode 8 and hasn't happened since.

Also I like how Even as he was preparing to transform Chase just kept shooting the Roidmudes, and I totally called it being some additionally reason as to why Go was so insistent on dealing with the Roidmudes, all of them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why did 50 randomly detransform in this episode between the start and the middle portion when he shows up again? It doesn't usually seem to happen; like it happened in like episode 8 and hasn't happened since.

Also I like how Even as he was preparing to transform Chase just kept shooting the Roidmudes, and I totally called it being some additionally reason as to why Go was so insistent on dealing with the Roidmudes, all of them.

That was a plot bombshell that seemed a bit out o the blue, but at least we know why Gou was so insistent on killing all Roidmudes for the past few episodes. Of course, A: Does Kiriko know and B: What's Gou running out of time for since that still hasn't been explained. This also seems like a good time for Gou to get an upgrade of sorts, but alas, it doesn't seem like it'll happen.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I don't think it was out of the blue but I don't want to spoil people before they've seen it so I don't want to point out the buildup just yet

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So in a month I may have tokusatsu news of my own to share!

Most likely won't, but you know. Keep an eye out for my stupid face around the end of May!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Xelkelvos posted:

That was a plot bombshell that seemed a bit out o the blue, but at least we know why Gou was so insistent on killing all Roidmudes for the past few episodes. Of course, A: Does Kiriko know and B: What's Gou running out of time for since that still hasn't been explained. This also seems like a good time for Gou to get an upgrade of sorts, but alas, it doesn't seem like it'll happen.

I feel like the Gou "running out of time" thing ties in to the Roidmude "promised day" thing they mentioned way back but never really elaborated on.

If that is the case they'll probably talk about it soon-ish.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chroma Squadron has fake tweets and one of them is "Wow. Much episode. Very explosions. Amaze. #DogeKruger"

I don't know if I love that or hate that. Probably both.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I like that the Saban-mandated credit is nigh invisible on the title screen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jivjov posted:

I like that the Saban-mandated credit is nigh invisible on the title screen.

There's also a plotline about their former director accusing them of stealing his ideas and attempting to sue them and repeated subtle references to the fact he is greedy and an rear end in a top hat for trying to claim that their work is stolen from his.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Chroma Squadron has fake tweets and one of them is "Wow. Much episode. Very explosions. Amaze. #DogeKruger"

I don't know if I love that or hate that. Probably both.

They also make a doge reference after winning one of the episodes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Let's get into the real Chroma Squad questions: What did you name your robot/transformation phrase/etc.?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I really want to play that game.

How much are they going to sell it for?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Let's get into the real Chroma Squad questions: What did you name your robot/transformation phrase/etc.?

The greatest of questions!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My team is Burstranger, our transformation phrase is "Burst it up!", our roll call is "Let's blow this thing!", the mech is Starburst, which we call with "Starburst, explode!" and out finishing move is "Kaboom!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

They also make a doge reference after winning one of the episodes.

It is less the Doge reference and more Doge Kruger being a goddamn amazing/horrible pun.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Waffleman_ posted:

My team is Burstranger, our transformation phrase is "Burst it up!", our roll call is "Let's blow this thing!", the mech is Starburst, which we call with "Starburst, explode!" and out finishing move is "Kaboom!"

So you're playing as Dynaman?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

So you're playing as Dynaman?

Pretty much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ImpAtom posted:

It is less the Doge reference and more Doge Kruger being a goddamn amazing/horrible pun.
I got it. :c00lbert:

I remember way back when, I was in a short-lived FATE game with the concept of "SA Sentai Awfulrangers", and I made an audio for the transformation sound.

GO HOG WILD

I'll probably use that again, because I'm a terrible human being.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I stayed as Chroma Squard kept the color theme going and when with "Shine! CHROMATIZE". The robot is 'Prism-oh, Color King' and the summon line is 'Shine Justice, Prism-Oh!"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Poison Mushroom posted:

I remember way back when, I was in a short-lived FATE game with the concept of "SA Sentai Awfulrangers", and I made an audio for the transformation sound.

GO HOG WILD

Oh man, I forgot you made that thing! (It was me. I ran that game, and was so sad to see it die)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

GO HOG WILD

I considered a goon theme before the game came out, with the name "Hidoi Sentai Goonranger."

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, well, I changed my name halfway through the game, because it was the fourth season, we had to change out the team power.

The original team was Iro Sentai Chromager, who used their Chou Chou Dai-Mech-Oh to fight against evil. Their transformation call was "Henshin a-go-go, baby!", and were basically as generic as I could get.

The team after they discovered and harnessed the power of the Bug Crystal was Stunt Sentai Bugman, with their Chou Bugking Z mecha. The transformation call remained the same, because Viewtiful Joe is wonderful.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
My team's gonna be Knightranger and their transformation phrase will be "MOTORING!"

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Ironforce Fighranger is a band of five justice-allied cyborgs punching evil with their super attack robot Go-Fighter Robo. FIGHT ON!

I still can't get over how the marketing contract with the toy company gives you a bunch of buffs to the robot.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 29, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
More Eastwood poncho please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6dG-alYChY

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Can we talk about Rodeomaru's combining jingle, with the electric bluegrass and "YEE HAW" loop?

Is this what Japan thinks we are like? :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wish America was more like how anime perceives it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I have to know now, is there some kind of history or reference going on with bright blue Wild West ninjas?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
poo poo, I just watched Polygon's gameplay video of Chroma Squad, and it is so thoroughly my jam. Guess I'm spendin more money on video games tomorrow :shepspends:

e:
can't decide between Cynical Marketing Force Bandaiger, or Evangelical Dance Squad Archanger

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally my only problem with Chroma Squad (as far as I am) is that the dialogue is so very obviously "english as a second language." Which isn't crippling but I do wish they'd gotten someone to go over the script a little since it makes some of the jokes fall flat.

I also enjoy seeing my #GGer cousin flip the gently caress out over the boy/girl capture mission but that is unrelated.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see how the gameplay works and what the customization options are before I start making plans, but good lord I'm going to have to nab this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Burkion posted:

I want to see how the gameplay works and what the customization options are before I start making plans, but good lord I'm going to have to nab this

You can change the colors of all of the rangers, and the suits change depending on what armor you equip. So it's a choice between giving them a 100% chance to counter everything or making them look like Rider Sentai Ryukiman.

• Locked thread