Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

Late Night Toons

Over-Labelled Bird, too heavy to fly.

[.

Should I check to see what a raven looks like?

Nah! *draws vulture*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Post 9-11 User posted:

I didn't think there was any valid excuse for me to post this video:
Thanks for reposting these 4chan edits

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Isn't Ben Garrison the one trying to take legal action against /pol/-types editing and reposting his cartoons? Because 4 and 7 are clearly edited.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Thanks for reposting these 4chan edits

Yeah, I think you forgot to mention that. Garrison is a Paulbot but not a full-on Dees-level one. I think the Illuminati imagery is in the originals, but not the antisemitic stuff. The Wizard of Debt one in particular is p obviously altered

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, Garrison has been involved in his own little war with 4Chan for...reasons I don't quite understand.

He's an idiot, but more of a Ron Paul zealot than a full-on Rothschild screaming antisemite.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 29, 2015

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Is waifu just wearing some drapes or something, or do they live the windiest part of Texas... Or the place in Texas with the perviest wind?

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Pages pass by quickly, but I wanted to point out how much I love this one.

Is there even a political point to this? It's just a racist joke - there's not even an attempt to blame democrats somehow.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Liberal_L33t posted:

Is there even a political point to this? It's just a racist joke - there's not even an attempt to blame democrats somehow.

Racist jokes are political for some folks now. Conservatives have given up any pretense of trying to reach out to minority voters and are happy to portray them as subhuman caricatures who aren't worthy of being considered truly American.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sweet, so we've got back to the fuckbarn storyline. And once again magic money is coming in ex nihilo and transforming the main character's life from one of debauchery and making money from nothing into one of debauchery and making money from nothing while also having a sweet-rear end barn out back, where a bunch of men who hate women so much that they have to go to south Texas to find a place to get away from it all can hang out with each other, while a lady in a skimpy maid's outfit serves them five-star meals.

This is heroic in Muir's mind. This is his escapism.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

albany academy posted:

Is waifu just wearing some drapes or something, or do they live the windiest part of Texas... Or the place in Texas with the perviest wind?

Considering Muir keeps posting pictures of the farm's background (so he can cover them up in word bubbles without going through the effort of tracing people), no. There is actual greenery and hills, putting him anywhere in central or eastern Texas which are all woodlands (which reduces wind). The windy parts are the either the north-western parts up on the plataeu (flat as gently caress, dry and dusty), the far west by El Paso (more mountainous, still dry and dusty), and the gulf coast (which is admittedly green, but more swampy and Muir probably forgot Texas even has a coast because he got all of his information from classic Spaghetti Westerns which were filmed in loving Spain).

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I think my Jewish Money Sack must have gotten lost in the mail.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

oh?

Did he just cop a feel or something

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rorus Raz posted:

Over-Labelled Bird, too heavy to fly.

:laffo: I want to see more comics like this. It's like making a comic about lions and drawing a cheetah, or talking about sharks then drawing a manta ray.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

So they're just like the people they despise? I'm not sure how else to interpret this.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfxl0-sgJE0

"... Internet troll. Antisemitic political cartoonist. Sorry, Ben Garrison fans."

Wow, a clear visual about the cyclical failure of democracy, that's great! I don't know about the Illuminati imagery, maybe it's just artistic license...

Hell yeah, banks suck! They have ceased being an engine for investment, they're just parasites now.

Oh... oh my ... WHAT?

He is the monster hiding under Steve Greenberg's bed and is threatening to shoot people during a riot. :psyduck:

As terrible as Garrison is, you probably shouldn't post photoshops of his work that are deliberately made to make him look racist.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think I've had enough of political cartoonists suggesting that politicians are "pandering" just for wanting the same things as their voters do.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

IT'S OKAY EVERYONE I GOT THIS UNDER CONTROL

This is so perfect.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Knock down the barn. Build a new one out of durable, modern materials. Spend ten grand on TVs, a wifi hotspot, a bar, liquor license and various cleaning/disposable supplies. Spend the other 1.1 million exclusively on this: http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO

:getin:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

:laffo: I want to see more comics like this. It's like making a comic about lions and drawing a cheetah, or talking about sharks then drawing a manta ray.
I am pretty sure :thejoke:

The Raven is now a Vulture because this thing happened. It's silly but I get what they are trying to say.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Picnic Princess posted:

Red flag, spectacular obtuseness.
You've just lost Tumblr mocking privilege for a week.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

What?

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

It's obvious isn't it? Only persons 18 or older are allowed to vote. Obama therefore believes that any consenting adults can marry. AGC

It may come off written a little odd, but that's only because your BAC is less than .20.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think I've had enough of political cartoonists suggesting that politicians are "pandering" just for wanting the same things as their voters do.

Eh this one is kinda fair to be honest. As much as it galls me to say that.

I mean Obama has supported gay marriage privately for a long time, and it's hard to blame him for not making that fact obviously. Still, while his "evolving" bit was hardly cringeworthy, it's not exactly laudable.

E: wait completely misread the cartoon. Okay, Tinsley's still dumb, news at 11.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 29, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tinsley is jubilant that, for once, his cartoon managed to be timely. This calls fer a little cellybrayshun!

*Cartoons about Baltimore don't show up in the paper until July*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

pkfan2004 posted:

Knock down the barn. Build a new one out of durable, modern materials. Spend ten grand on TVs, a wifi hotspot, a bar, liquor license and various cleaning/disposable supplies. Spend the other 1.1 million exclusively on this: http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO

Knew what it was before I even read the link

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Knew what it was before I even read the link

If the gently caress barn is going to adopt a theme, should it perhaps be based on Muir's favourite ancient culture, the Spartans? He could call it 'The 300 Club'.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pkfan2004 posted:

:aaaaa:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pkfan2004 posted:

46,173 gallons of lube. It's a start, I guess. And he'll have saved quite nearly a MILLION DOLLARS on his lube bill, which is great because saving money is the number one fear of all liberals.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Mellow Seas posted:

46,173 gallons of lube. It's a start, I guess. And he'll have saved quite nearly a MILLION DOLLARS on his lube bill, which is great because saving money is the number one fear of all liberals.
But will it scare away

luberals

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr Jaunts posted:

There were originally 15, but Moses dropped one of the tablets.

No, but you're right, Judaism has 613 mitzvot, or commandments. Full list of which is here.

That's the old covenant. The new covenant with Jeezus only has ten. Which is why Jews love Big Government and honest, upstanding Christians oppose it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go wash my hands after typing that and drink vodka at 8.40am after thinking like the American right.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Electronics and liquor are more valuable by volume and weight than belts and suspenders. A knapsack problem cartoon.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Post 9-11 User posted:

Wow, a clear visual about the cyclical failure of democracy, that's great! I don't know about the Illuminati imagery, maybe it's just artistic license...

Hell yeah, banks suck! They have ceased being an engine for investment, they're just parasites now.

Oh... oh my ... WHAT?

He is the monster hiding under Steve Greenberg's bed and is threatening to shoot people during a riot. :psyduck:

I believe we've hit a maximum in the (drawing ability/intelligence) ratio

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I know 4 and 7 are obvious edits, but please tell me 'chemtrails' and 'false flag events' were always part of this. :allears:

The real story is that Obama was openly for gay marriage before he ran for president, then pulled out some weak sauce "civil unions are cool but marriage is sacred" appeasement when he ran, which he walked back once political winds started blowing a bit gayer, right? Why is this still an item in 2015, and why is it always the "evolution" people pick on rather than the appeasement?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

Don't be wilfully dense.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Did Dees finish the cartoon and then refresh infowars?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I know it's mostly because I actually worked in construction and contracting, but this one is really striking in how much it is "Muir wants desperately to be a manly-man but knows jack poo poo about what, say, building demolition and remodeling even looks like." Just some weird string pulling up a bunch of ?shingles?

Damon and Portago aren't going to remain millionaires for long if they blow money on cranes and giant diggers, the latter of which was rented way too early and is going to sit there unused for weeks or months as they slowly dismantle an entire building with a crane for some reason. I'd like to imagine the backstory to this entire odyssey—the whole strip—is a group of successful, sane people accidentally consuming a bunch of lead-infused food. Now they buy and abandon businesses and swamp trailers, or spend the fortunes they made as younger men (always men) on completely batshit paranoid schemes protecting their rights and manliness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Plague of Hats posted:

I know it's mostly because I actually worked in construction and contracting, but this one is really striking in how much it is "Muir wants desperately to be a manly-man but knows jack poo poo about what, say, building demolition and remodeling even looks like." Just some weird string pulling up a bunch of ?shingles?

And this right here is the thing. If you're actually interested in writing a story that involves stuff you don't know about, you can call someone and say "Hey, I'm a writer, do you have time to answer a couple questions about [your industry]? How would one of my characters [literally anything]?" People love babbling to writers who might use what they told them in a story. It's so painfully simple. You can get a worryingly large, worryingly specific amount of real-world information this way.

But Muir shuns contact with the real world.

• Locked thread