Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's not too late for the Browns to hire Kevin Costner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Waroduce posted:

If they draft ted ginn 2.0 I will become a pats fan this yr allah akbar

lol why would you do that at the end of Brady's career

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I turn 19 in June and Chip Kelly is the resident madman of my generation and I think that's pretty cool. Kinda bummed I missed out on Al Davis doing crazy poo poo though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Buncha geriatrics in here.

I don't turn 30 until February, grandpas.

30 next April.

who's old now :smug:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

38 is really the perfect age. I just unironically rocked out to hair metal while out doing cardio and it owned

Shut up :negative:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Carlosologist posted:

I turn 19 in June and Chip Kelly is the resident madman of my generation and I think that's pretty cool. Kinda bummed I missed out on Al Davis doing crazy poo poo though

Al Davis owned though

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Wall Street Journal just proved that Lions fans are the most committed to proper mechanics. I knew we were the best. :smug:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/washington-redskins-bad-at-football-worse-at-spelling-1430252386

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 29, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
We're just over a day from the draft, hold it together fellas

No one cares how old any of us are

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

We're just over a day from the draft, hold it together fellas

No one cares how old any of us are

Yes but nothingness awaits us after this weekend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I care...

Have to work till around 7:30 tomorrow but should be free in time to be unsurprised at the first 10 picks with my goon brothers and... other brothers. The draft just isn't the same when you can't share it with people who irrationally care as much as you do.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Wall Street Journal just proved that Lions fans are the most committed to proper mechanics. I knew we were the best. :smug:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/washington-redskins-bad-at-football-worse-at-spelling-1430252386

One more thing where Dallas does around league-average

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm late on this but I'm 33. I just wanted you all to know.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Well, to be fair, I'm sure about half of the reader comments on Washington's website are just people swearing at Dan Snyder in incomplete sentences.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

38 is really the perfect age. I just unironically rocked out to hair metal while out doing cardio and it owned

Shut up :negative:

There's nothing wrong with that, bro.

Hair metal owns.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

quote:

To do so, they reviewed 150 reader comments that were at least 50 words long from the news section of each NFL team website (12,728 total words, on average, per team)

To be fair, this is probably really a measurement of who uses the most rivals puns. Not surprising to see the Saints near the bottom with the lovely combination of bucaqueers, falqueens, and pantards.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

It seems like only yesterday Hooverfan was calling me a human being 20 year old :smith:

I'll be 30 in October.

Whoa, you're only like a week or two younger than me probably

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

What up NFC North.

Why are the Vikings so high? I would have figured they'd be way low given the Twin Cities is a pretty affluent area.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Flikken posted:

Yes but nothingness awaits us after this weekend.

Well there are all the signing of pre negotiated contract terms and injury reports. We also get the draft grades that will say the Dolphins win the draft and are super bowl favorites now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't even know patriots.com had a comments section.

On the other hand, it does have a photospread promoting eating fruits and veggies:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The draft was much better when it was a two day weekend event.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pouring one out for my friends who still live, drive and work in downtown Chicago this weekend.

Have fun with that bullshit.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Kalli posted:

On the other hand, it does have a photospread promoting eating fruits and veggies:

how loving long are gronk's coat sleeves

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kalli posted:

What's with those bald spots?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

What up NFC North.

Why are the Vikings so high? I would have figured they'd be way low given the Twin Cities is a pretty affluent area.

All of the alcoholics in the Iron Range help keep that number in check.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

There's nothing wrong with that, bro.

Hair metal owns.

Hell yeah it does

I'm looking forward to round 1 of the draft, but going to miss day 2 due to a Cinco de Mayo party. Uno de Mayo? Whatever, it's Cinco de Mayo weekend. The moral of this story is I'm looking forward to doing either celebratory tequila shots or mournful tequila shots depending on how things go.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

If you've seen Jackass, they'd play a game where they sneak up on each other with an electric razor and give each other trick buzzcuts.

I presume Gronk took that as inspiration.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brannock posted:

its from steroids

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

FizFashizzle posted:

One of TFF's favorite all time players fits that description.

Except his personal life was the opposite of Adrians as far as child/parent violence goes.

His children beat him with a switch?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The creator of a Gronking to Remember is being sued:

Gawker posted:

A Gronking to Remember, the first book in Lacey Noonan’s erotic novel series about Patriots tight end and white Shrek Rob “Gronk” Gronkowski, arrived in January to thrill a nation hopped up on playoff football and Fifty Shades of Grey. But it did not thrill one couple, whose engagement photo was featured on its cover, next to Gronk’s approving, possibly horny smile.

The couple claims in an Ohio lawsuit that Noonan, as well as Apple, Amazon and Barnes & Noble, who sold the book online, used the copyrighted photograph without permission, and profited by casting them in a “less than tasteful,” “offensive” light.

“The use of the Plaintiffs image has held them up to ridicule and embarrassment. This outrageous connection has been further aggravated when the book, with the Plaintiffs image, has been reproduced in the media nationwide. The book has been shown as a source of ribald humor on The Tonight Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live as well as being displayed and read before the press at media day for the Super Bowl,” the lawsuit claims.

Hard to imagine anyone being offended and embarrassed by lines like, ““Suddenly, all I wanted to do was watch Gronk do his thang-thang in the zone place there. My vagina demanded it” or “Look at me, ungh, splitting my own seam, oohh… going deep. You like how I work my slot receiver, like a tight end. Like Gronkowski...”

Casting the husband as a Jets fan is going a little far, though. That’s probably defamation.

The case is now going to federal court, The Hollywood Reporter notes, where Apple and the other eBook sellers will likely raise a Communications Decency Act defense, arguing that they’re not liable for the things authors self-publish on their platforms.

It’s also still not clear how Noonan got the photo of the anonymous couple in the first place, or what damages were actually caused by its use on the cover of a book about a football-playing “stone god” and his “huge stone pillar of a cock.”

http://gawker.com/couple-sues-after-their-engagement-photo-ends-up-on-ero-1700712172/+jayhathaway

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

What up NFC North.

Vikings fanbase extends into the Dakotas and Iowa.

Also Twin Cities proper has a decent amount of midwest transplants who want to live in a bigger city but not one where they have to interact with too many black people.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Chip Kelly is going to make every delay between picks so amazing.

"X team is taking a while here to get their pick in"

*CHIP KELLY*

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

davecrazy posted:

The draft was much better when it was a two day weekend event.

Agreed

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm shocked the Bengals are so low. Who cancels out Kentucky?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Do ya'll think the Browns are serious about moving up for Mariotta? It keeps blowing up on my timeline every other day.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm shocked the Bengals are so low. Who cancels out Kentucky?

Lexington, I guess.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

FuzzySkinner posted:

Do ya'll think the Browns are serious about moving up for Mariotta? It keeps blowing up on my timeline every other day.

I think they are serious about finding a way to get something from the Eagles so Chip can have him.

They really seem to want Bradford and seem willing to do some crazy poo poo to get there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When I turned 32, the Saints won the Super Bowl. When I turned 34, Bama spanked LSU for the Championship on my birthday and GODDAMMIT VERNON DAVIS happened a few days after.

The lesson: don't get older, it doesn't get better.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Street Journal Wall proved I am illiterate

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

When I turned 32, the Saints won the Super Bowl. When I turned 34, Bama spanked LSU for the Championship on my birthday and GODDAMMIT VERNON DAVIS happened a few days after.

Since I was born there has never been a nuclear attack on a civilian population.

You're welcome, TFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

My first and best college football memory happened with Seth Morales and Drew Brees beat OSU on a bomb with 2 minutes to go, helping them go to the Rose Bowl.

I was 11.

Purdue now is well..uh..:negative:.

• Locked thread