Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You guys are weird

Rin is Trash tier waifu

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Actually she's a solid #2 behind Rider.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

You guys are weird

Rin is Trash tier waifu

Banned

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm sure Lotax can use the extra 10 bux.

Also something something about mod tyranny (and Zorak for some reason)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know who's a good waifu

Caster

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

You know who's a good waifu

Caster

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fate/Extra was okay

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Trash

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Die!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Casko win.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Quite possibly the worst part of Extra, even beyond the lame Clown Team and Twice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Quite possibly the worst part of Extra, even beyond the lame Clown Team and Twice.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Holy Waifu War continues, I'm glad

edit; also, Casko's okay I will take her over Clown Wife any day

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Caster is the one time Gawain was right.

Nero though, that's a lady

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'd like Zero Lancer as my wife, but Rank E luck is kind of a drawback.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to protect Rin's smile.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I want to protect Rin's smile.

That's always been one of the creepier shonen catchphrases.

Particularly in Fate, where you absolutely know someone would try to do it by preserving her face in a jar.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yup, they've really for the most part picked the best lines of dialogue. Though they skipped: Tohsoka getting all embarrassed for nicknaming Gil as "Goldie" when Shirou asks about it.
I was so sad about this not happening :negative:

Fangz posted:

The thing about Ilya is that really her character follows a broad arc from being a creepy little sociopath in Fate and being entirely sympathetic and heroic in HF. So she suffers the most from this strategy of adapting UBW, where she has little presence and is at a interstitial stage in her development. Depending on how well they do HF, the payoff will be there.
This has been bothering me. Like, I feel like it just didn't have... enough of Ilya in the series for us to really care? I know you're partially supposed to come into this from Fate/Zero, but even then, she didn't exactly get a big role there.

When you see so much of her and have a lot of little scenes in the visual novel up until then, the scene hits with way more brute force impact. But I also feel like that scene carried more weight for me in written form anyway (not that it wasn't well done here or anything), so I'm probably biased v :v: v

edit: Whoops, missed the part where people discussed Ilya's scene not having a big enough impact 3 pages ago.

Irukandji Syndrome fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 29, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth Walrus posted:

Particularly in Fate, where you absolutely know someone would try to do it by preserving her face in a jar.

:shepface:

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I don't remember the exact rules about discussion of the Fate route but I'm pretty sure that literally happens to Shirou in one of the various bad ends.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Caster does it to him lol

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

That actually isn't the one I was thinking of. Am I misremembering or did Ilya kill him and keep his head around for a while in one ending?

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

glomkettle posted:

That actually isn't the one I was thinking of. Am I misremembering or did Ilya kill him and keep his head around for a while in one ending?

IIRC what she did in that ending was Put his soul in a teddy bear.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

glomkettle posted:

You may be misremembering an episode of School Days. :unsmigghh:

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Actually I somehow mixed it up with one of the Hatoful Boyfriend endings. I'm really tired but that's still a bit embarrassing.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ilya always did have the most disturbing / sick bad ends. In Fate, if you choose to run away from the first Berserker encounter and leave Saber to the birds, Ilya eventually catches you and she basically tortures Shirou just hard enough to destroy limbs, but not kill you. When Shirou regenerates all his lost limbs, she'll do it again.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but there's another one in UBW where during the scene where Caster has Taiga, if you choose poorly there, Caster captures Shirou instead and puts him in a weird incubator thing, and eventually Shirou's delirious fever dreams are interrupted by Rin breaking you out, but by that point you're so far gone you can't even think clearly. She pities you before leaving to continue the fight by herself.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

glomkettle posted:

Actually I somehow mixed it up with one of the Hatoful Boyfriend endings. I'm really tired but that's still a bit embarrassing.

I... I should try and play through Hatoful Boyfriend again.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

littleorv posted:

I... I should try and play through Hatoful Boyfriend again.

It's really good! The first half is a bizarre comedy with some darker undertones. Those undertones become more overt as you get closer to the "secret" route, which is a little flipped in tone; a murder mystery with some absurdist humor mixed in.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Pensive posted:

IIRC what she did in that ending was Put his soul in a teddy bear.

The loss of Tiger Dojo is this adaptation's greatest flaw.
(I don't think I have to spoil a bad end)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

HellCopter posted:

The loss of Tiger Dojo is this adaptation's greatest flaw.
(I don't think I have to spoil a bad end)

Here's to hoping they do like the Einzbern Consultation Room and show up as BD extras.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

ilya rules

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

New episode is good.

That is all

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Looking forward to gifs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Episode was bad. Didn't enjoy it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There was a lot of Lancer therefore this episode was good and I liked it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Episode was bad. Didn't enjoy it.

Cripes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

You guys are weird

Rin is Trash tier waifu

How did I miss this post. Prepare to die.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So will it be next week or the week after that they will finally confirm what they have been hinting at almost this entire season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't watch until tonight, did Lancer flash his gay bulge

• Locked thread