Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Let me make these things fight please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Also reporting in as hype for D4 PC and new DBZ. I was never really into DBZ as a kid but the DBZ Abridged series dragged me back in, in a big way.

Side note: Huzzah for years more work for Team Four Star!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Pokken is probably going to be a better game than the next Tekken.

*runs and hides*

Machamp is about 10 times cooler than Big Daddy Marduk.

Machamp is the best pokemon because he wrestles and wears a championship belt and has 4 arms. 4 is like twice as good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I am always baffled that there are people in this world who don't know every detail about DBZ and keep it locked in their memories for eternity.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Kai isn't really a new show, it's a fix of Z where they throw out most of the filler, make the style better, that kinda stuff. It's been forever since the last proper Dragonball show.

The problem with Kai is they took out the episode where Piccolo and friends go to get their driver's licenses which while filler is probably the best single episode of DBZ.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NKdAPsle4Q

That whole bit with Scorpion and Quan Chi is my favorite part in the game. Raiden's NWO beatdown was pretty great too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Which podcast/video did Chewie & Fuckface originate from? I'm usually good at catching their sudden running jokes but this one I have no clue.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Yinlock posted:

Which podcast/video did Chewie & Fuckface originate from? I'm usually good at catching their sudden running jokes but this one I have no clue.

About sixteen minutes into podcast #22. Matt and Woolie were at Magfest and met a guy who called them Pat and Chewie. Fast forward to last week's and this week's podcast.

It culminated into Chewie and gently caress Face. So yeah.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

I am always baffled that there are people in this world who don't know every detail about DBZ and keep it locked in their memories for eternity.

I know multiple people who are into anime but have never seen it, it's not natural

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thank you. I must've missed it. That'll teach me to not pay attention to lunatics talkin' about videogames.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NKdAPsle4Q

That whole bit with Scorpion and Quan Chi is my favorite part in the game. Raiden's NWO beatdown was pretty great too.

Question for Matt or anyone who played a lot of the ps1+ era MK games, why do so many people (Don't mean just the Zaibatsu with this. I've heard it from some MK fanboys I know) act like Liu Kang is some super paragon that's just stratospheres above everyone else? Like I know he canonically beat the villains in the old poo poo but even then they're usually pretty close fights, and almost none of that happened in MK9's versions of the story so he never had a chance to grow so powerful. It's weird hearing Pat talk about how it's dumb that Jax and Raiden are winning fights against him when he never really got up to the heights of his old protagonist powers and everyone else has had years of training and experiences different from what they were pre-retcon.

MK9 didn't exactly treat Liu Kang as some end all be all hero man who could beat anyone. Hell, who did he even beat in MK9/X's version of the timeline? Shang Tsueng? That dude was a joke from the get go. Had to call in a ringer for his own tournament and he called in Henson Puppet.

Now Johnny Cage, there's a hero.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 29, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Plus, Raiden beat Liu Kang in the last game. It's not surprising that he could do it again.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
What even happened to Shang Tsung? It's been interesting seeing all the new "lore" as someone who's last serious MK game was 3 on the SNES.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Charles Martel posted:

What even happened to Shang Tsung? It's been interesting seeing all the new "lore" as someone who's last serious MK game was 3 on the SNES.

Shao Kahn killed him in MK9 and used his soul to power up Sindel

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Finally, Liam can put that Zaibatsu money horde to use to officially own the company behind his second-fave video game machine: http://fortune.com/2015/04/28/exclusive-gaming-startup-ouya-needs-to-find-a-buyer-quickly/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MK9 didn't exactly treat Liu Kang as some end all be all hero man who could beat anyone. Hell, who did he even beat in MK9/X's version of the timeline? Shang Tsueng? That dude was a joke from the get go. Had to call in a ringer for his own tournament and he called in Henson Puppet.

He put his hand through Shao Kahn's chest

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ruggington posted:

He put his hand through Shao Kahn's chest

Raiden held his own against Shao Kahn in that same story. Pissed off "You're literally the last thing in my way" Shao Kahn. Raiden can probably hang with Liu Kang.

EDIT: God I forgot that Shao Kahn just loving walked off getting his heart exploded. I'm glad MKX is at least just a tiny tiny bit more grounded than MK9. There's like talks about politics and poo poo and nobody lets Sindel talk for more than a few seconds. It's truly a golden age in Earthrealm.

Tae posted:

Wasn't he super-juiced by the elder gods?

I thought that happened after he held him off for a bit. Maybe I'm misremembering the order of events there. I thought Raiden beat off Liu Kang then scrambled to stay alive against Shao khan and THEN the elder gods finally decided to do something.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 29, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wasn't he super-juiced by the elder gods?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, that's what happened. Liu Kang died, Shao Kahn shows up and beats the poo poo out of Raiden like in the intro, showboats about merging realms, long enough for the rules to be considered broken and have the Elder Gods intervene.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

is mortal kombat story like wrestling where people only ironically enjoy it because it's so loving stupid?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Indecisive posted:

is mortal kombat story like wrestling where people only ironically enjoy it because it's so loving stupid?

I enjoy it unironically because it's so loving stupid.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Indecisive posted:

is mortal kombat story like wrestling

Yes because both are cool & own a bunch

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm kind of surprised they were even able to remaster the show, unless the cameras they shot the show with was HD they must've preserved the original cels, which is crazy considering the animation industry's habit of burning most of the pencilwork and cleaning out the celluloid for re-use.

Yeah I thought sure it was new art based solely on how good it looks. Dragonball Kai is still incredibly valuable for the recut alone though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Radio Paranoia posted:

I enjoy it unironically because it's so loving stupid.

Same, Ed Boon clearly knows how stupid his product is and he just goes full on nuts. Yea gently caress it a zombie demon army wants to enslave earth because we pussed out in a universe wide fighting tournament and mr skullface dictator hates pussies. Also there's ninja and aztecs and poo poo because why wouldn't there, now here's a cowboy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NE-NE-NE-NEW WORLD ORDER!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Indecisive posted:

If you have to claim you like poo poo like this only under the guise of liking it 'ironically' instead of just owning it:

then you're dead inside and I hate you

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
MK's story is batshit insane and I love it. :colbert:

Also to add to CJacobs

If you didn't love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNkRvcUn6VM

Get out.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Link the better version :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5_N6APwHUk&t=383s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

If you have to claim you like poo poo like this only under the guise of liking it 'ironically' instead of just owning it:

then you're dead inside and I hate you

A monk got bullied by zombies, goty.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rhonne posted:

NE-NE-NE-NEW WORLD ORDER!

I'm imaging the gif before those two and Scott Hall is walking toward Raiden along with everyone else doing his "Ohhh, scary!" thing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is raiden a monk or a god of thunder?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

All that was missing was a few fuckers throwing up the wolfpac sign and makin' em' touch.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Al-Saqr posted:

Is raiden a monk or a god of thunder?

Yes.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Indonesian Bob has finally entered the animation game and should be made a Super Best Friends Canon animator.
Warning: This is really freaking weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=551gkdo-rrY&feature=youtu.be

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I typed in beyblade tournament in youtube and now I'm in a hole help

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I typed in beyblade tournament in youtube and now I'm in a hole help

I can hardly fathom what Beyblade tournaments are even.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Indonesian Bob has finally entered the animation game and should be made a Super Best Friends Canon animator.

I'm not even sure what I just watched.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Those must be some good rear end drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Aw yeah, they managed to successfully advance Eileen's quest. Can't wait for week of Grand Cathedral Hunter.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 30, 2015