Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Motto posted:

So are we posting untagged spoilers now?

the leader of the prone is YHWH and you fly the rebuilt White Whale into his face while Sawano music plays in the background. The last boss fight comes after that and you have to stop him from resetting the universe to just after Earth exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that answer your question?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Currently watching the credits roll on a stream.

Hi, can we not spoil that it has credits please, tia

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I know how this is going to go

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

I know how this is going to go

Well so long as you keep it in spoiler tags, it should be alright

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The modano's back, baby!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Well so long as you keep it in spoiler tags, it should be alright

[soiler]spoilers will be posted, some false, some true[/soiler]

Edit: poo poo!

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
I'm sorry if I spoiled the fisting scene for a 10 year old game nobody intends to play. You have my apologies.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If I have to turn the entire soundtrack off so I don't have to hear that Lincoln Park sounding lovely rap every time I fight something I'm probably going to do it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

If I have to turn the entire soundtrack off so I don't have to hear that Lincoln Park sounding lovely rap every time I fight something I'm probably going to do it.

From the few gameplay videos I've seen that track doesn't appear to be the default combat song. Could be wrong, though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

From the few gameplay videos I've seen that track doesn't appear to be the default combat song. Could be wrong, though.

From what I've heard I think you are correct.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
It is the default battle track when first starting the game, trying to battle your way to NLA though. Though the themes will start to branch out just as you get absolutely tired of hearing the first rap verse of Black Tar repeated over and over. Unless you get tired of it well before you reach NLA then welp.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
It's the standard battle on foot theme. But there's a billion different battle themes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I can't remember where the first one is from, but the second one was just the generic battle music that I have no strong opinions over.

It's the named monster fight. Did you even have the sound up while playing XB? You Will Know Our Names is one of the best JRPG rock battle themes since Still More Fighting.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I mean I don't think YWKON is a particularly good track but it is memorable because it was the "OH poo poo WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT" music.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
https://youtu.be/7OBZN1rL9gc

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

TurnipFritter posted:

I mean I don't think YWKON is a particularly good track but it is memorable because it was the "OH poo poo WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT" music.

This is the saddest post. Do you need someone to talk to? Chicken soup perhaps?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

It's the named monster fight. Did you even have the sound up while playing XB? You Will Know Our Names is one of the best JRPG rock battle themes since Still More Fighting.

Actually majority of the battles I had in the game lasted well under 30 seconds so it didn't even get a chance to get to the rock part.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xenoblade should have had Mechanical Rhythm/You Will Know Our Names for the entire game. I loving hate Mechanical Bounce.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Black Tar is the regular battle music in X, sometimes it just has a long intro thing in front of it for some reason.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

When you only have one full set of equipment, hard decisions have to be made

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ah, so this is what they mean by painting your house/apartment/whatever. I like the second one's coloring, looks like there's a primary blue and secondary almost-black going on, so it'll be fun to play with at least two colors at the same time but hopefully there will be more colorings to choose, even if it's just primary secondary and highlights. I can run around almost-naked and paint my room and my robot as an EVA-01 but can I redecorate? That couch is passable but the table has to go.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

bossfight posted:

I really enjoyed this one. It had a great contrast to the atmosphere presented in the game prior to it. Not a flagship track by any stretch, but it did the job and felt right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45gdP2OKmU

This is my favorite environmental track in the game, even beating out both Satorl Marsh tracks. It's just so goddamn chill and synthy. Sounds like it could have come from a DKC or Metroid Prime game. If we get anything remotely like it in XCX I'll be happy.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So how many playable characters does xcx have

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Calaveron posted:

24, if what I read elsewhere is to be believed, most of them being optional.

Edit: Plus 4 DLC ones, of course.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
god i really hope this isnt a gently caress up...

i really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles and i wish they would just rerelease it on wii u in 1080p

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Blackdog420 posted:

god i really hope this isnt a gently caress up...

i really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles and i wish they would just rerelease it on wii u in 1080p

You can do it on the Dolphin. Though I agree that I would have preferred a HD rerelease over a port with tiny resolution and slightly fuzzier textures.

Infinity Gaia posted:

24, if what I read elsewhere is to be believed, most of them being optional.

Edit: Plus 4 DLC ones, of course.

Sounds like they're trying to be Chrono Cross.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Technically infinite, since you can hire other players.

Normal NPCs, plenty of them, but not all are available all the time.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Terper posted:

Technically infinite, since you can hire other players.

Normal NPCs, plenty of them, but not all are available all the time.

I can count to 16-17 characters including the dlc characters but of course there might be more that we don't know off.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Do we know if there are time sensitive sidequests? Also can we still roam around the map and do sidequests after we compete the main story?

Those two things were big bothers in the first Xenoblade.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Davinci posted:

Do we know if there are time sensitive sidequests? Also can we still roam around the map and do sidequests after we compete the main story?

Those two things were big bothers in the first Xenoblade.

You spawn back in the Blade Home once the credits and epilogue are over, GTA style. I don't even know if there's a ng+. I haven't seen much in the way of timed quests but there might be a few.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

planetarial posted:

Actually no it's more or less Elder Scroll/Fallout style companions. You get their Intro quest and poo poo just like ES and Fallout.

The world itself is apparently larger than Skyrims. So 24 characters is actually a very very small number.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

planetarial posted:

You can do it on the Dolphin. Though I agree that I would have preferred a HD rerelease over a port with tiny resolution and slightly fuzzier textures.

Eh, there's probably a main core cast of characters, and a lot are more side people. I also doubt they will just give people all the same dialogue and have the English translation throw it through an accent generator and then call it a day.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dastardly posted:

You spawn back in the Blade Home once the credits and epilogue are over, GTA style. I don't even know if there's a ng+. I haven't seen much in the way of timed quests but there might be a few.

I can think of at least one set of quests that are probably timed due to super late game spoilers, but to say any more would give it away. But the vast majority of quests shouldn't be timed.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Dastardly posted:

Pretty much the exact answer I was hoping to hear, thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syrTstCZe-4

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

This is a much better battle theme than the original, especially since you'll be blowing poo poo up in giant robots.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is a much better battle theme than the original, especially since you'll be blowing poo poo up in giant robots.

It's hard to compete with the predecessor's one when I'm playing the 3DS port, and even now, I'm imagining pulling off a really long chain as soon as the high part hits. But I guess this can fit if you want to think of an X as more Mecha than multifunctional pure action.

But I'm still going to likely make my character Dunban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Noctilum (day)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64d_k89-DKw

Noctilum (night)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSlh24sF5c

• Locked thread