Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Toshimo posted:

Step 1: Remove Opal Palace, Molten Slagheap, Urza's Factory, Temple of the False God, Rupture Spire, and maybe Grixis Panorama for either basic lands, Terramorphic Expanse, or lands that actually make 2 colors.
Step 2: Figure out how you want to win.
Step 3: Identify every card you have that doesn't do that thing, doesn't have an immediate impact, doesn't let you (not your opponent) draw/filter/tutor, and doesn't make mana.
Step 4: Start replacing those cards with cards that do.
Step 5: Why are you putting worthless durdles like Mind Funeral in your deck are you addicted to losing holy gently caress.

The commander land is definitely something I have to work on. Mind Funeral was a "that looks hilarious for the kitchen table" kind of card and I like mill stuff, but I'm sure there's better options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Temple of the False God only helps if your commander costs 6 or more. Thraximundar, Narset, and Maelstrom Wanderer benefit from it, to name a few.

Karador and Tasigur don't want it because they lop off that colorless cost. Any green commander that likes having mana dorks around, like Prossh or Prime Speaker, don't really get much mileage out of it either. Mana rock-heavy lists wouldn't be too happy about it. And never use it under the assumption it'll help pay commander tax because then you're begging to be let down. Temple of the False God's a useful tool for the decks that can use it but there aren't that many.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sorry, boss. I got poo poo to do before turn 5.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I just joined a club that apparently does a thing where people are trying to build the best decks they can based on the a $10 limit and the low prices from TCGplayer.com. i really liked green/black when I played, but I've got no idea how to build a good deck for cheap. Any pointers?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

Sorry, boss. I got poo poo to do before turn 5.

like lol if you didn't already draw your deck by turn 5 and win on your draw step from Lab Maniac

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Swags posted:

I just joined a club that apparently does a thing where people are trying to build the best decks they can based on the a $10 limit and the low prices from TCGplayer.com. i really liked green/black when I played, but I've got no idea how to build a good deck for cheap. Any pointers?

$10 is quite the limitation. My group has a $25 limit for our cheap decks, so we can go multicolor and have a decent manabase if we want and/or have a couple good moderately priced cards to make it interesting.

If your limit is $10, the easiest thing to do is go mono-green stompy.

Edit: So, I think I got my "Most-Offensive-EDH-Deck-Ever" list more or less finalized. The name changes in the list will be sharpie-altered on the cards. :v:

1 Bazaar of Baghdad
1 Contested War Zone
1 Desert
1 Opulent Palace

1 Abrupt Decay
1 Act of Treason
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Blind Obedience
1 Bribery
1 Chainer's Cheney's Edict
1 Chainer, Dementia Cheney, Hunting Master
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Citadel of Pain
1 Council's Judgment
1 Damnation
1 Diplomatic Immunity
1 Drown in Sorrow
1 Duneblast
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Fact or Fiction
1 False Peace
1 Formation
1 Goblin Kaboomist Jihadist
1 Gurmag Drowner Waterboarder
1 Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer
1 Incite Rebellion
1 Incite War
1 Infiltrate
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Invasion Plans
1 Iroas Jesus, God of Victory
1 Jeskai CIA Infiltrator
1 Jihad
1 Karona, False God
1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
1 Lightmine Field
1 Lust for War
1 Martial Coup
1 Master Warcraft
1 Military Intelligence
1 Minister of Pain
1 Misinformation
1 Mizzium Mortars
1 Mortarpod
1 Nin, the Pain Artist
1 Numot, the Devastator 9/11 Dragon
1 Outpost Siege
1 Pain // Suffering
1 Palace Siege
1 Powerstone Minefield
1 Profaner of the Dead
1 Profit // Loss
1 Reparations
1 Righteousness
1 Sandstorm
1 Secure the Wastes
1 Sword of War and Peace
1 To Arms!
1 Vandalize
1 Victorious Destruction
1 Vindicate
1 War Flare
1 War Report
1 War's Toll
1 Wrath of God

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 27, 2015

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Swags posted:

$10 is reasonable if you are playing Pauper, but then you are playing Pauper...

My group just did a $35 limit and that was doable.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
With my tax returns I decided I wanted to return to esper colors since combo Oona was getting boring and I'm not smart enough to know what exactly to counter or whatever. My commander is Sen Triplets (or could be Dromar, I don't know) and this is what throwing away my money has gotten me:

Deck: Esper EDH

//Commander
1 Sen Triplets

//Lands
1 Arcane Sanctum
1 Bad River
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Command Tower
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Darkslick Shores
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Esper Panorama
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Flood Plain
1 Forbidden Orchard
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Jwar Isle Refuge
3 Plains
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Seachrome Coast
3 Swamp
1 Tectonic Edge
1 Temple of the False God
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Tranquil Cove
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Marsh
1 Vivid Meadow
1 Watery Grave
1 Windbrisk Heights

//Spells
1 Act of Authority
1 Armillary Sphere
1 Austere Command
1 Blind Obedience
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Commander's Sphere
1 Curse of the Swine
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Dauthi Embrace
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Detention Sphere
1 Hatred
1 Hero's Downfall
1 Increasing Ambition
1 Jace Beleren
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Liliana Vess
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Mimic Vat
1 Mortify
1 Necropotence
1 Oblation
1 Perilous Vault
1 Phyrexian Arena
1 Pongify
1 Return to Dust
1 Rhystic Study
1 Rout
1 Skullclamp
1 Sol Ring
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Sword of Vengeance
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Utter End
1 Vedalken Orrery

//Creatures
1 Ashen Rider
1 Battlegrace Angel
1 Bloodgift Demon
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Divinity of Pride
1 Fog Bank
1 Ghastlord of Fugue
1 Grand Abolisher
1 Grave Titan
1 Karmic Guide
1 Liliana's Reaver
1 Magister Sphinx
1 Mother of Runes
1 Necropolis Regent
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Shadowmage Infiltrator
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Sun Titan
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Weathered Wayfarer
1 Wight of Precinct Six
1 Wrexial, the Risen Deep
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Ætherling

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Swags posted:

Does $10 mean per card or for the entire deck? Because the former seems cool and good but the latter seems almost impossible to do well, as others are saying.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My LGS' L2 judge does a similar thing, but $50/deck and TCG Mid. I think he's up to six of them now, and they're actually not bad at all. The Karn one can do funny things.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oraculum Animi posted:

My commander is Sen Triplets

Why?

Sep 13, 2007

Would Dromar be better? My answer is I kinda wanted to be a dick and be able to steal lands or spells from my opponents and basically have double the hand size during my turn. My third choice is Dakkon Blackblade but I don't really have much mana ramp and he's kinda bad.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oraculum Animi posted:

Would Dromar be better? My answer is I kinda wanted to be a dick and be able to steal lands or spells from my opponents and basically have double the hand size during my turn. My third choice is Dakkon Blackblade but I don't really have much mana ramp and he's kinda bad.

You can't produce Green or Red mana so the casting part of the Triplets ability is dead against those decks (you can take their lands but they'll just produce colorless mana for you outside of the colors you're allowed to produce. Same for any mana rocks you take) and any revealed cards that require those colors are dead to you too.

Color Identity rules. :v:

I like Sen Triplets but that part kills them outside of janky 5 color decks where they can't be your commander so consistency becomes an issue. :smith:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oraculum Animi posted:

You threw together 99 cards and a rando commander for no reason without even bothering to read the rules of the format.

Here's a better deck for you

Commander: Butts, who smiles at Dongs
Deck: 99x Poops

If you really want feedback on a Commander deck, try the following:
1. Read the rules
2. Figure out a purpose for your deck
3. Pick a commander that fulfills that purpose
4. Build a deck around that

My answer is I kinda wanted to be a dick and be able to poo poo on your badpost and basically have double the poop content of your shitpost.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oraculum Animi posted:

If stealing poo poo is what you want there's a 3 mana commander perfect for machine gun stealing entire boards with the right support (Merieke to Berit)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Toshimo posted:

My answer is I kinda wanted to be a dick and be able to poo poo on your badpost and basically have double the poop content of your shitpost.

Alternatively, if he goes the Dromar route he has a lot of cool options for a Esper Dragons tribal sub-theme.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Unless all your opponents are playing some combination of Red and/or Green, Dromar is a giant shitbird.

"I name blue. gently caress! Now I have to recast Dromar again."

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Toshimo posted:

Unless all your opponents are playing some combination of Red and/or Green, Dromar is a giant shitbird.

"I name blue. gently caress! Now I have to recast Dromar again."

Eh, you could probably get clever with stuff that changes the colors of permanents, etc. Sometimes you just want to use Darigaaz over Karthus, for personal aesthetic or whatever reason.

Sep 13, 2007

Toshimo posted:

You threw together 99 cards and a rando commander for no reason without even bothering to read the rules of the format.

Here's a better deck for you

Commander: Butts, who smiles at Dongs
Deck: 99x Poops

If you really want feedback on a Commander deck, try the following:
1. Read the rules
2. Figure out a purpose for your deck
3. Pick a commander that fulfills that purpose
4. Build a deck around that

What rules am I missing? I know about color identity. I know I won't be able to cast an opponent's cards if they're green or red. I didn't post my deck as a shitpost and you're being an rear end for no reason, "Oh, you're looking for help? Let me just poo poo on you."

I can also use Sen Triplets to stop an opponent from interacting with my stuff during my turn.

TheKingofSprings posted:

If stealing poo poo is what you want there's a 3 mana commander perfect for machine gun stealing entire boards with the right support (Merieke to Berit)

I have been looking at her and I'm just afraid if I don't have Boots or Greaves she'll be too slow. At least with Dromar I can just treat him as a well costed 6/6 flyer.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Oraculum Animi posted:

What rules am I missing? I know about color identity. I know I won't be able to cast an opponent's cards if they're green or red. I didn't post my deck as a shitpost and you're being an rear end for no reason, "Oh, you're looking for help? Let me just poo poo on you."

Toshimo can be helpful at times but perhaps he thinks the deck doesn't have enough of a direction to really give any advice. Do you want a Goodstuff.dec? Do you want artifacts? Etc. Triplets works for one and not necessarily the other.

He's just shitposting, you shouldn't take it personally.

quote:

I have been looking at her and I'm just afraid if I don't have Boots or Greaves she'll be too slow. At least with Dromar I can just treat him as a well costed 6/6 flyer.

Commanders like Berit are better-suited for a Goodstuff deck since she's basically used as a spell (that you have "unlimited" access to, given enough mana) than any sort of creature, really, and compared to Dromar she's probably a bit easier to use since she costs 3 cmc to start with whereas Dromar at 6 turns into 8 after his first death, then 10, then 12, etc. That's why I mentioned going for a tribal Dragons sub-theme to get more use and aesthetic fit out of Dromar.

Sep 13, 2007

bhsman posted:

Toshimo can be helpful at times but perhaps he thinks the deck doesn't have enough of a direction to really give any advice. Do you want a Goodstuff.dec? Do you want artifacts? Etc. Triplets works for one and not necessarily the other.

He's just shitposting, you shouldn't take it personally.

Commanders like Berit are better-suited for a Goodstuff deck since she's basically used as a spell (that you have "unlimited" access to, given enough mana) than any sort of creature, really, and compared to Dromar she's probably a bit easier to use since she costs 3 cmc to start with whereas Dromar at 6 turns into 8 after his first death, then 10, then 12, etc. That's why I mentioned going for a tribal Dragons sub-theme to get more use and aesthetic fit out of Dromar.

Since my deck is more of a goodstuff kind Berit is probably going to be better suited, then.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oraculum Animi posted:

Since my deck is more of a goodstuff kind Berit is probably going to be better suited, then.

I was thinking of making a Tiny Leaders deck with her. It would have a tap/untap/blink theme going on. (If you blink a creature taken with Berit, you keep it forever, just like a Treason effect, right?)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

AlternateNu posted:

I was thinking of making a Tiny Leaders deck with her. It would have a tap/untap/blink theme going on. (If you blink a creature taken with Berit, you keep it forever, just like a Treason effect, right?)

Only if the blink effect you use doesn't say "Return to play under owner's control" on it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

theironjef posted:

Only if the blink effect you use doesn't say "Return to play under owner's control" on it.

Ah, true. How many of those effects exist? I was thinking Vensur and Ghostway schenanigans, but that obviously doesn't work.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

Ah, true. How many of those effects exist? I was thinking Vensur and Ghostway schenanigans, but that obviously doesn't work.

A whole 3 I think.

Cloudshift, Cold Storage, and Conjurer's Closet.

So basically just Ghostway and Cloudshift for TL.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 30, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

AlternateNu posted:

Here's a magiccards.info search for the TL-applicable cards that exile-and-return under "your" control rather than "their owner's" control:
http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Aexile+o%3Areturn+o%3A%22to+the+battlefield+under+your+control%22+cmc%3C%3D3

You can delete the last bit to remove the CMC/TL restriction.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Tomorrow is my Budget Commander night, and I just realized how good Silent Arbiter can be in my Alesha deck. Before I commit to putting him in there, do the two scenarios here work?

1. If Silent Arbiter is already on the field I can still bring back a creature attacking with Alesha, right? The condition of attacking is declared and since they come in attacking it doesn't break Silent Arbiter's rule, correct?

2. If I attack with 6 creatures and then use Alesha to bring back Silent Arbiter al of my creatures are fine, and my opponent can only block with 1 creature, right?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OssiansFolly posted:

Tomorrow is my Budget Commander night, and I just realized how good Silent Arbiter can be in my Alesha deck. Before I commit to putting him in there, do the two scenarios here work?

1. If Silent Arbiter is already on the field I can still bring back a creature attacking with Alesha, right? The condition of attacking is declared and since they come in attacking it doesn't break Silent Arbiter's rule, correct?

2. If I attack with 6 creatures and then use Alesha to bring back Silent Arbiter al of my creatures are fine, and my opponent can only block with 1 creature, right?

Yes, and yes. "Attack" and "Block" refer to those actions, of creatures being declared attackers/defenders, similar to Brimaz, or Rabblemaster.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Yes, and yes. "Attack" and "Block" refer to those actions, of creatures being declared attackers/defenders, similar to Brimaz, or Rabblemaster.

Gotcha. Guess I have to make room for $.75 in the deck.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

OssiansFolly posted:

Man, I didn't even THINK of that. I wonder if I can find another foil one...

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

Man, I didn't even THINK of that. I wonder if I can find another foil one...

Yea for a budget deck this idea sounds like a good idea...

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Alris posted:

Assuming I hate myself only slightly less than I hate everyone I am playing with, and want to make a degenerate Phenax multiplayer deck, what are some cards that would theoretically be worth adding? Eater of the Dead is a given, but what else?

This is from a while back but I've had a crack at making a list for this deck. I haven't put it together yet and if I do will probably skip the Underground Sea because honestly. Apart from that, how can this deck be improved upon?

Phenax Mill

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Alris posted:

This is from a while back but I've had a crack at making a list for this deck. I haven't put it together yet and if I do will probably skip the Underground Sea because honestly. Apart from that, how can this deck be improved upon?

Phenax Mill

Coffers isn't any good without Urborg and you don't have any way to search for it (other than, I think, Liliana, who i would cut). Cut some of your overcosted spells (like Spin into Myth) and add some tutors and/or draw/filtering. Also, more counterspells/removal, because you are begging to get run over by everything. Even if it's thematic stuff like Probe, Recoil, Forbidden Alchemy, or Grisly Spectacle, that's better than nothing. Also, the swords seem out of place.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Alris posted:

u.gif
Phenax Mill [timg][/timg]

I've been plotting a Phenax deck in my head for awhile now, but mine is self mill, with the specific idea that if you dump all your combo pieces into the grave yard, they are actually easier to grab than from the deck. You should have Mesmeric Orb+Basalt monolith in their if you're fine with eater of the dead. Some other combos to use are:

Intreuder Alarm+Phenax+Undead Alchemist
Intruder Alarm + Phenax + Tombstone Stairwell
Undead Alchemist + Grimgrin + Phenax

And some good stuff like mirror mad phantasm, and Dread Return along with other grave tutors and flashback reanimation. Mirror Mad Phantasm is amazing because it'll literally allow you to put your entire deck into the grave, and then you can combo off from there.

I would drop all of the mill legendaries that aren't Phenax if you go this route, as well as the swords of x and y. You want to mill someone out all at once if you mill them, otherwise you should just go ahead and mill yourself. Mill is really only effective with combos in edh, especially multiplayer, so if your group isn't okay with that I wouldn't suggest it. 93 cards are just way to many to effectivly mill out the "fair" way, think of it like while your opponets only have to do 40 damage (or 21 commander damage) to you, you're sitting their having to do near 100.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 2, 2015

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
My Mill deck runs Lazav, with Phenax in the 99. Lazav is a better kill condition, IMHO.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I've been having tons of fun with my Marchesa, the Black Rose, aggro-control-ish deck online. I would have thought online EDH would be insufferable, but people complain a lot, lot less there than IRL :v:. The MVP of this deck is probably Oona's Blackguard, which does an excellent job of helping my deck to keep decks of higher power level (which is pretty much every other EDH deck out there) off balance. This deck is completely reliant on having Marchesa on the battlefield, though. With her and just one or two other creatures out I have a resilient board that grows every turn, but without her I have a pile of overcosted 2/2s. Luckily her ability works on herself, so she's really only vulnerable to tuck, exile effects and the few pacifism variants that remove all of her abilities. I've built in a few self-damaging effects so I can avoid being the throne, and usually I can at least get enough dethrone hits in to build up a good group of attackers.

The plan is usually to drop 2 or 3 creatures + Marchesa and then keep up counterspells for the rest of the game, but being very stingy with them. If I feel like I would be vulnerable to removal on Marchesa + a sweeper, I hold some creatures, otherwise I start playing more once I can keep up a counter. I've found Counterspells to be surprisingly good in EDH as long as you aren't trying to be draw-go and counter everything. I've been trying to run Marchesa for a while now and always found that if my first wave got dealt with it was almost impossible to recover. Stuffing some counterspells in there made a huge difference.

This deck is extremely color intensive, so much that I'm not even running Sol Ring right now. I haven't missed it so far, but I will probably try again at some point, it seems to powerful not to run. I am planning on adding a Shatterstorm at some point, in any case, since I run so few artifacts. There's still a number of experimental slots, but some of the weird looking creatures are actually super powerful with Marchesa. Puppeteer Clique is one I've always been disappointed with even though it always looks good, but here I can grab a self-saccing creature, attack the current throne with it, sac the creature and have it permanently due to the Marchesa. Slave of Bolas has all of that built right into it also, which is nice. Kathari Bomber is pretty hilarious too.

I think what this deck needs the most right now is a good sac outlet or three. I'm thinking something like Goblin Bombardment or one of the Abyss variants that they've printed.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I run Grimgrin Corpseborn (Sac Outlet) and Olivia Voldaren (repeatable creature steal) in my Marchesa Deck. Those might be some cards to consider adding if you think they fit your theme.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ShadeofBlue posted:

I've been having tons of fun with my Marchesa, the Black Rose, aggro-control-ish deck online. I would have thought online EDH would be insufferable, but people complain a lot, lot less there than IRL :v:. The MVP of this deck is probably Oona's Blackguard, which does an excellent job of helping my deck to keep decks of higher power level (which is pretty much every other EDH deck out there) off balance. This deck is completely reliant on having Marchesa on the battlefield, though. With her and just one or two other creatures out I have a resilient board that grows every turn, but without her I have a pile of overcosted 2/2s. Luckily her ability works on herself, so she's really only vulnerable to tuck, exile effects and the few pacifism variants that remove all of her abilities. I've built in a few self-damaging effects so I can avoid being the throne, and usually I can at least get enough dethrone hits in to build up a good group of attackers.

The plan is usually to drop 2 or 3 creatures + Marchesa and then keep up counterspells for the rest of the game, but being very stingy with them. If I feel like I would be vulnerable to removal on Marchesa + a sweeper, I hold some creatures, otherwise I start playing more once I can keep up a counter. I've found Counterspells to be surprisingly good in EDH as long as you aren't trying to be draw-go and counter everything. I've been trying to run Marchesa for a while now and always found that if my first wave got dealt with it was almost impossible to recover. Stuffing some counterspells in there made a huge difference.

This deck is extremely color intensive, so much that I'm not even running Sol Ring right now. I haven't missed it so far, but I will probably try again at some point, it seems to powerful not to run. I am planning on adding a Shatterstorm at some point, in any case, since I run so few artifacts. There's still a number of experimental slots, but some of the weird looking creatures are actually super powerful with Marchesa. Puppeteer Clique is one I've always been disappointed with even though it always looks good, but here I can grab a self-saccing creature, attack the current throne with it, sac the creature and have it permanently due to the Marchesa. Slave of Bolas has all of that built right into it also, which is nice. Kathari Bomber is pretty hilarious too.

I think what this deck needs the most right now is a good sac outlet or three. I'm thinking something like Goblin Bombardment or one of the Abyss variants that they've printed.

"This deck is extremely color intensive, so much that I'm not even running Sol Ring right now."

~runs reliquary tower and desolate lighthouse in a 36 land deck~

Get the gently caress out.

Drop that poo poo and all your CipT lands for some pains, a City, a Mana Confuence, and maybe even a Tarnished Citadel if you're feeling pretty :black101:

And why you tryin' to slowboat basics with Armillary sphere? Jam a signet or that Commander mana rock that cycles. Cripes.

Mana leak is a bad Miscalc. Delay is a bad Remand. Telling Time is a bad Impulse. Sapphire Charm is a bad card. Same with Thought Scour.

Where's your free cards? Force? Misdirection? loving Snuff Out? Snuff Out is like a solid gold handjob in a control deck that wants to hemorrhage life.

Also, if a deck was begging, pleading for Reanimate, it's this one.

This deck ain't gonna hit 7 mana enough for Akroma's Memorial to even be a consideration. Also, :laffo: at playing 6s and 7s with Dark Confidant and no Top.

If your commander matters so much and she has to attack to live, why don't you have a Lightning Greaves in your deck?

Exava: Strictly better than every creature in your deck.

Get that persist junk out of there, it works the opposite of what you want. Undying is what you want. Rock a Flayer of the Hatebound or a Mike 2.0 (and Trike cause that's mad synergy).

Also, it's probably not good, but Vigean Graftmage does all the right things with your commander.

Flame-Wreath Phoenix is cool and good. Oracle of Bones, too.

Yeah. Do that stuff. That's the ticket.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also run 38 lands and if you want a sac outlet get Phyrexian Altar because ~mana issues~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

"This deck is extremely color intensive, so much that I'm not even running Sol Ring right now."

~runs reliquary tower and desolate lighthouse in a 36 land deck~

Get the gently caress out.

Drop that poo poo and all your CipT lands for some pains, a City, a Mana Confuence, and maybe even a Tarnished Citadel if you're feeling pretty :black101:

And why you tryin' to slowboat basics with Armillary sphere? Jam a signet or that Commander mana rock that cycles. Cripes.

Mana leak is a bad Miscalc. Delay is a bad Remand. Telling Time is a bad Impulse. Sapphire Charm is a bad card. Same with Thought Scour.

Where's your free cards? Force? Misdirection? loving Snuff Out? Snuff Out is like a solid gold handjob in a control deck that wants to hemorrhage life.

Also, if a deck was begging, pleading for Reanimate, it's this one.

This deck ain't gonna hit 7 mana enough for Akroma's Memorial to even be a consideration. Also, :laffo: at playing 6s and 7s with Dark Confidant and no Top.

If your commander matters so much and she has to attack to live, why don't you have a Lightning Greaves in your deck?

Exava: Strictly better than every creature in your deck.

Get that persist junk out of there, it works the opposite of what you want. Undying is what you want. Rock a Flayer of the Hatebound or a Mike 2.0 (and Trike cause that's mad synergy).

Also, it's probably not good, but Vigean Graftmage does all the right things with your commander.

Flame-Wreath Phoenix is cool and good. Oracle of Bones, too.

Yeah. Do that stuff. That's the ticket.

I'm out of tickets right now, but yes, I would run all the painlands you mentioned.

Delay and Sapphire Charm are excellent cards, although Mana Leak does suck, it is true. Impulse should be in the deck in addition to the rest of the cantrips, I haven't found a bot with one lately :(.

The free cards cost too much money :(.

I should run Reanimate, yes.

The deck hits 7 mana most games. People cannot seem to beat a resolved Akroma's Memorial, so I leave it in there :shrug:. :laffo: at being worried about dying to Bob.

I haven't had issues with my commander dying before getting an attack off. The greaves are pretty lovely otherwise, but I guess I can give them a shot.

What the gently caress does Exava do for me in this deck? My creatures don't tend to have +1/+1 counters on them until they've already attacked.

The persist junk is in there because it works well in the deck, the persist isn't why I'm running those creatures.

I'm going to assume the graftmage was a joke.

Same for the Phoenix and the Oracle.

There's enough cantrips that I haven't had issues with mana screw.