Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if you want epic loot like high level gems and blood rocks and stuff, those are probably only in the depth 5 dungeons, so explore the ones that say depth 5 in the description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the idea of chalice dungeons but I haven't been a fan of the design so far. I've only done the 2 early ones though so maybe it gets more interesting

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

you can rush to the bosses but you should probably check the side room that can appear at the beginning of a floor or right before a boss. they usually have rare mats you will need for the later chalice dungeons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chalice Dungeons are like Bloodborne's version of Warframe. Procedurally generated levels that you go through in hopes of finding good loot, but at most all you'll find is crafting material to make newer dungeons.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I like the idea of chalice dungeons but I haven't been a fan of the design so far. I've only done the 2 early ones though so maybe it gets more interesting

they stay boring. the ailin loran and isz dungeons are worth doing once cause they have different enemies and look different. the isz dungeons actually look cool imo but they're 'designed' the same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Chalice Dungeons are like Bloodborne's version of Warframe. Procedurally generated levels that you go through in hopes of finding good loot, but at most all you'll find is crafting material to make newer dungeons.

They're not procedurally generated, only the root dungeons are.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Hidetaka Miyazaki posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he's so good.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

please rename me mad as gently caress wank-demon, thank you

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
gently caress wank boner demon

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I.N.R.I posted:

u can just run to the bosses if thats all your interested in dude... its your party
Ah okay, that's what I wanted to hear, thanks

Anyone want to coop with me sometime? PSN is theAASman, im lvl 105 or something. Maybe make the CD's less boring? |:)__

Ausmund fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 30, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7ST7Ysc9I3s6zLXr-DOzWjoAtu6afOOCaU3ucCdBDk/edit

jesus christ

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I don't think there was ever a single nanosecond that I gave a gently caress about the story in Bloodborne.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

AHungryRobot posted:

I don't think there was ever a single nanosecond that I gave a gently caress about the story in Bloodborne.

maybe because your a retard.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Nah. More power to you if that's your thing though.

All I really give a poo poo about is when the next boss is and exploring the hell out of every area.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 30, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

:worship:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

I really hope that's real. :pray:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

owns

no way in hell am i reading a novella's worth of some random shmuck's thoughts on the plot of bloodborne

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

im just watching the page number go up and up and up

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I didn't think much of the plot of Bloodborne until I explained it to a friend, and realized how awesome it was. When I told him you have to rescue a whore then kill her demon child and eat the umbilical cord of said child, it comes to light how great of a story this really is.

I then went on to explain that this can all be undone if you invite the wrong dude to the cathedral because then she'll get eaten by him. His mind was blown.

The great thing about the game is that you can play it and enjoy the gameplay, or you can get into the plot. Either choice works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

somebody is speed running this on giant bomb for some reason.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried to open up a locked door and just now saw what the ghostly hand in gascoigne's graveyard was attached to. holy poo poo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

i tried to open up a locked door and just now saw what the ghostly hand in gascoigne's graveyard was attached to. holy poo poo.

The True Bloodborne Starts Here.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

seiferguy posted:

I didn't think much of the plot of Bloodborne until I explained it to a friend, and realized how awesome it was. When I told him you have to rescue a whore then kill her demon child and eat the umbilical cord of said child, it comes to light how great of a story this really is.

I then went on to explain that this can all be undone if you invite the wrong dude to the cathedral because then she'll get eaten by him. His mind was blown.

The great thing about the game is that you can play it and enjoy the gameplay, or you can get into the plot. Either choice works.

This is true, I love the story theorizing myself but the game works equally well if you just look for bosses to kill.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, the statues are changing, right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that beggar dude seems like a nice fellow, let's invite him to odean chapel.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kurtofan posted:

that beggar dude seems like a nice fellow, let's invite him to odean chapel.

no don't

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

He transformed into a big fluffy monster

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kurtofan posted:

He transformed into a big fluffy monster

he keeps trying to give me huge bear hugs

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I'm a humungous lorefag, so that google doc is like crack to me.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
It's written poorly and it sucks

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

It's written poorly and it sucks

it does seem like it was written to say in 100 pages what this guy said in 4. http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/whats-really-going-on-in-bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*clicks on a motherfucking Kotaku link*

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kotaku celebrates their first good article since their inception

Dec 26, 2012

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i think the wet nurse was a cool boss but a pretty easy fight; i only died because I rolled directly into that one wind up uppercut slash like an idiot

I think she's the most annoying by far because its like 4 solid minutes where the safe move is to walk in a lazy circle and dodge every so often from the clones. if you don't try to fight her in the fog there's like zero challenge.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This is the best game ever made

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

This is the best game ever made

it has definitely usurped hotline Miami 2 as my goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012