Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Just a good old ð

My phone doesn't do that :c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Passenger Of poo poo posted:

My phone doesn't do that :c

Don't worry, it's basically the same as Þ

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Really how stable big empires/kingdoms can be is one of the most annoying things about CK2 to me, especially with how easy it is to change your vassals culture to your own. It feels like within 100 years the entire HRE is German and doesn't want to rebel at all.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to force a particular succession law prior to forming a Kingdom? The Principality my Duke controlled was Agnatic Primogeniture. When I usurped a Kingdom it formed as a Gavelkind kingdom. 9 years later my King croaks, I lose the Principality Duchy to some idiot son as it split up and my new capital was in the loving boondocks so I had awful tech.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Gorelab posted:

Really how stable big empires/kingdoms can be is one of the most annoying things about CK2 to me,

I can partly agree with this. The general stability of megablobs is a) boring if they can't be challenged by anyone, b) what makes their occasional apocalyptic downfalls to internal (or player-arranged) dissent so exciting and c) leads to some fun-but-exhausting (because fighting large wars in Paradox games is always exhausting) scenarios if there are multiple comparable megablobs.

My current Persia CK2+ game is really weird because it's shaping up into a 700-years-early Cold War between Catholicism (France+Holland+Castle, the HRE and Burgundy+Italy,+North Africa literally from Morocco to Egypt) on one side and Zoroastrianism (me as Persia+Mesopotamia and the other independent empires I've fostered in Arabia/Syria and in Rum/Anatolia+the Caucausus+most of the way around the Black Sea, plus the GH and Ilkhanate will probably go Zoro because for some bizarre reason my vassals proselytized Zoroaster's teachings across the entire steppes, and they went that way rather than fight me so all their new vassals (and thus potential concubines etc) are Zoroastrians. There are occasional revolts (particularly in Mega-France) but nothing that's really been big enough to break any of them (particularly Burgundy because they and I routinely have 100k+ realm troop counts).

Sunni Islam has been literally extinguished, Orthodox Christianity and Shia Islam are barely hanging on in the remains of Byzantium, Muscowy, and the Egyptian caliphate, and every twenty years the Pope calls a crusade in the Levant or Genoa convinces the Emperor of Burgundy (honestly I should check if he could reform Rome because it's astonishing he hasn't) to try and embargo Rum's pet republic and six or seven figures worth of corpses start piling up in Greece or Egypt. I'm kind of curious how well this game will convert and I kinda think I should do that instead of playing out the string: I doubt the Timurids and (potential) Aztecs will shake things up much.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

YouTuber posted:

Is there a way to force a particular succession law prior to forming a Kingdom? The Principality my Duke controlled was Agnatic Primogeniture. When I usurped a Kingdom it formed as a Gavelkind kingdom.

If you usurp a new primary title it will usually keep the old title's laws (assuming they are valid for you - if not, they will eventually reset to the default which is usually Gavelkind)- if you CREATE it it will usually copy the laws from whatever primary title you had before. So the only real way to force a succession law before you form a title rather than changing it after is to entirely wipe out the previous holder so the title is destroyed, then recreate.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Here's a flavor event that should be showing up in PlagueMod:

(It's the same event chain, but I used a custom character for the second one, as I had to make some corrections for the localization)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Is Ragnarr Lothbrok the same as Ragnarr Lodbrok but the d is like really funky.

If you're asking is the dude from Vikings in the game, the answer is yes. His sons are too: Ivar the Boneless and Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, and that other dude.

Vikings spoiler I guess:
One of the starting bookmarks involves his sons invading England with the Great Heathen Army after King Aella kills him.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 29, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I took the seducer way of life as an 80 year old man and went after the Duke of Aquitaine's daughter. She refused several times but I had three children with her, whom I legitimized because why not. A few years later I checked his opinion of me, -400 for Cuckolding etc.

Then I saw his wife was dead, a red skull.

He assassinated her :v:

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Lunethex posted:

the Duke of Aquitaine's daughter

his wife

:stonk:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I married my heir to someone and then pressed her ducal claim thinking eventually it'd pay off. Eventually my dude died and I started playing my heir. Almost immediately my wife cheats on me so I divorce her and instead marry a princess of that same kingdom.

Then I assassinated said princess' siblings so she became queen of Lombardy while I was emperor of the Byzantine Empire (yay personal unions). It was sometime around this point that wife #1 lost a war and was replaced as duke by someone else, and she ended up count of some random province nobody cares about. When the son eventually inherited everything I revoked her last title. Take that, idiot cheater! You could have had it all!

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 29, 2015

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Can you use cheats to enable enatic laws with the "succ" cheat or does it only do the other type of laws?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I married the Byzantine emperor so many times it turned him catholic

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Can you use cheats to enable enatic laws with the "succ" cheat or does it only do the other type of laws?

There's just a value in one of the game's .txt config files that let's you switch on the enatic succession laws.

All the way at the bottom in "CK2/decisions/succession_laws.txt"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

I married the Byzantine emperor so many times it turned him catholic

Shouldn't that turn him Anglican?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

One of the oddest things about the stability of blobs is how quickly the Byzantine empire will just become Catholic without any real problems or the Holy Roman Empire will get a heretic leader and just kinda jive with it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gorelab posted:

One of the oddest things about the stability of blobs is how quickly the Byzantine empire will just become Catholic without any real problems or the Holy Roman Empire will get a heretic leader and just kinda jive with it.

Yeah. Kinda wish the Byzantine Emp had been overthrown when he went catholic, because it is silly as heck that they would abandon orthodox christianity like that. Now pretty much everything up to where Anatolia connects to asia is catholic and there's like one tiny province in armenia that is still orthodox, which be for much longer because its owned by a catholic.

Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

If you're asking is the dude from Vikings in the game, the answer is yes. His sons are too: Ivar the Boneless and Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, and that other dude.

Vikings spoiler I guess:
One of the starting bookmarks involves his sons invading England with the Great Heathen Army after King Aella kills him.

No I meant I had a son named Ragnar who then became known as Ragnar Lothbrok. Was wondering if that was like the historical guy or just some neat luck

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

No I meant I had a son named Ragnar who then became known as Ragnar Lothbrok. Was wondering if that was like the historical guy or just some neat luck

it's meant to be the pseudo-historical guy (iirc no one knows if Ragnar Lothbrok actually existed).

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Random characters can' tget that name I don't think

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: oh crap nm

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Gorelab posted:

Or in my case, the Byzantine Empire going Sunni. Which is going to be hilarious, because the Arabian Empire, while not Abbasid anymore, is still mostly intact.

If you're currently Sigurdr Ring, yes, that's the "historical" Ragnarr.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Is there a working "yesman" console command in CK2?

I've tried all the ones I can find via google searches but they all tell me that it's an invalid or unrecognized command. I'm not playing on Ironman (other commands work) or with any mods activated and all the DLC is turned on.

Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015

Dareon posted:

If you're currently Sigurdr Ring, yes, that's the "historical" Ragnarr.

I am. Or well was. Sigurd died and now I'm Ragnarr looking to get my last holy site reform the faith and start kicking the poo poo outta Britannia

That's cool though that I'm playing pseudo history right now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish there was a decision to blood eagle some fool regardless of historical accuracy.

Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I wish there was a decision to blood eagle some fool regardless of historical accuracy.

If there is any expansion I'd like its a more flavor/ slight roleplay

Ruler is wrothful? Event where you can declare your self the Iron One or something to signify to not gently caress WITH ME or something.

Ruler is humble? Boom event to allow a portion of your taxes to go to your religious heads/ religious holders to improve those types of buildings.

Something I dunno. I'd like a CB that is just kick the poo poo outta someone and that's it.

Just breakem down and call it a day. Maybe make them weaker for an ally to invade then back up. That actually seems dumb so never mind but ya know

Things!

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

420 Gank Mid posted:

I've tried all the ones I can find via google searches but they all tell me that it's an invalid or unrecognized command. I'm not playing on Ironman (other commands work) or with any mods activated and all the DLC is turned on.

Not as far as I know. imprison <charid> for winning wars and stuff, otherwise tag over to them and then tag back

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Actually, there is one guy you can blood eagle: Aella of Northumbria, but only if you capture him as one of the sons of Ragnarr.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Actually, there is one guy you can blood eagle: Aella of Northumbria, but only if you capture him as one of the sons of Ragnarr.

Oh well poo poo there you go. That's the only one I wanted to do it to anyway.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

The closest thing I've done is pretty convoluted. Use "neg_diplo" to allow you to send messages that otherwise you couldn't send, then switch to the other character with "play ###" and then accept the message and switch back.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorelab posted:

I once saw the HRE go Monophysite. I have no idea how, it didn't seem like they married into the Ethiopian line or anything else bizarre like that. Just one day a Salian emperor somehow ended up a Monophysite and it ended up sticking. A few generations later, the majority of Germany has converted.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GSD posted:

I once saw the HRE go Monophysite. I have no idea how, it didn't seem like they married into the Ethiopian line or anything else bizarre like that. Just one day a Salian emperor somehow ended up a Monophysite and it ended up sticking. A few generations later, the majority of Germany has converted.

Some random viking count from Norway in my game is Orthodox and has converted his county to Orthodoxy. It's 901. Although I guess Varangian Guard could explain that.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I once had the king of France go Fraticelli and a crusade was called on him. He almost beat it, except that the king of Mali joined the crusade and took over France as a result of leading the crusade to victory.

In plague mod news, I have this as the title of one of my events.txt files:

quote:

# And so the nightly hunt begins
No fighting werewolves, but it will involve violence and going into the depths of madness.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Are you sure about that?
I know I've captured him before and never had a special option, so I loaded up the game and console imprisoned him as both Ivar and Halfdan. No special intrigue options or flavour text when he is executed.
Maybe its part of a mod?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

TheBlackRoija posted:

Are you sure about that?
I know I've captured him before and never had a special option, so I loaded up the game and console imprisoned him as both Ivar and Halfdan. No special intrigue options or flavour text when he is executed.
Maybe its part of a mod?

That's a possibility. I got an event pop-up right after the battle where I captured him.:shrug:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

It's in the game's files.

quote:

# Event where the sons of Lodbrok exact their revenge on Aella
character_event = {
id = 62950
desc = OK

hide_window = yes

prisoner = yes

trigger = {
character = 163103 # Aella
host = {
OR = {
character = 163108 # Björn Ironside
character = 163110 # Sigurd
character = 163111 # Ivar
character = 163112 # Halfdan
character = 163119 # Ubbe
}
}
culture = saxon
NOT = { has_character_flag = aella_punished }
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1
}

immediate = {
set_character_flag = aella_punished
host = {
character_event = { id = 62951 }
}
}
}

character_event = {
id = 62951
title = EVTNAME62951
desc = EVTDESC62951

picture = GFX_evt_torture
border = GFX_event_normal_frame_war

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = EVTOPTA62951 # Blood Eagle
ai_chance = {
factor = 100
}
FROM = {
death = {
death_reason = death_execution
killer = ROOT
}
}
prestige = 500
}
option = {
name = EVTOPTB62951 # Sacrifice
ai_chance = {
factor = 0
}
FROM = {
death = {
death_reason = death_sacrificed
killer = ROOT
}
}
piety = 250
}
option = {
name = EVTOPTC62951 # Blinding & Castration
trigger = {
NOT = { lifestyle_traits = 1 }
NOT = { has_dlc = "Way of Life" }
}
ai_chance = {
factor = 0
}

prestige = 500
add_trait = impaler

tooltip = {
FROM = {
add_trait = eunuch
add_trait = blinded
add_trait = wounded
}
}
hidden_tooltip = {
FROM = {
character_event = { id = 62952 }
}
}
}
option = {
name = EVTOPTD62951 # Other plans
ai_chance = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

character_event = {
id = 62952
title = EVTNAME62951
desc = EVTDESC62952

picture = GFX_evt_torture
border = GFX_event_normal_frame_war

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = EVTOPTA62952
add_trait = eunuch
add_trait = blinded
add_trait = wounded

hidden_tooltip = {
opinion = {
who = FROM
modifier = opinion_hate
years = 100
}
}
}
}

Translated (SA doesn't like tab spacing in posts), it means that if Aella is a prisoner of the Sons of Lodbrok, he can be executed, sacrificed, castrated (and blinded), or saved for some other fate.

edit: there is a hidden event that fires when he becomes a prisoner, which fires the event that leaves the Sons to decide his fate.

edit2: Aella needs to have Saxon culture for some reason in order for it to fire. Apparently the Sons wouldn't execute a Scottish Aella. :iiam:

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 30, 2015

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That really needs to be an option for any character who imprisons someone who murdered or executed their parent/child/spouse.

Also Roaring Rampage of Revenge should be a CB.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Gorelab posted:

The HRE converted to Lollardy in one of my games. This was the result:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yea, in my current ERE game, good old Karl turned Lollard and his sons still sticking to it. Makes for some amusing wars between them and Italy, when the latter isn't ravaged by religious uprisings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015
The Khan of Pannonia just ate the full left half of the Byzantine Empire.

The current Basilissa is a homo possessed depressed iconoclast with herpes who just kicked the Jews out under the guidance of Satan

0 0 0 5 11 for stats lol

Passenger Of Shit fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread