Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hahah D.Coil. I DID NOT see these Garth votes coming :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's a vote for Met.

Two votes Met, two votes Garth, two votes PMush.

One vote remaining.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
what the gently caress guys

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

what the gently caress is happening

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's no way this worked...

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

just post the last vote already :argh:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And the final vote...

Met.

That's 3 votes Met, 2 votes Garth, 2 votes PMush.

Met, you have been eliminated. Please bring me your torch.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
so mean!!

*edit* so three seconds late :lol:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bye Met! Nice job with the idol fake-out.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Met posted:

Psyched for Tribal Tonight.

:munch:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh man! Was it Poison or D. Coil who didn't go with the plan?

But are you guys not entertained?! Hell yeah that was great!

Have a great game, guys. That was a lot of fun. :ghost:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Nice fake Idol. I respected your game-play. You were in a horrible unlucky position, and you gotta do what you gotta do man! :black101:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm so confused by what just happened.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can we post now, I want somebody to explain what the gently caress just happened

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
But it was so artistically done...

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I don't know what's going on but that was fun.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I, for one, AM entertained.

Also my sand dollars increase!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tribal Council was kind of similar to the plot of the Aristocats 2.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

That... That was so brilliant.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
you guys like my crab hat? I LOVE MY CRAB HAT!! :lol:

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Has anyone ever played a fake idol for somebody else in the actual Survivor? I don't think so, right? Just....drat. What a crazy day for me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

you guys like my crab hat? I LOVE MY CRAB HAT!! :lol:

No coconut shoulder pads, would not recommend.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I just watched survivor China and Jaime played a fake idol but she thought it was a real one LOL

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

D. Coil posted:

Has anyone ever played a fake idol for somebody else in the actual Survivor? I don't think so, right? Just....drat. What a crazy day for me.

In this season.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That super hornio brothers film looks pretty fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay gently caress it.

I am officially sick of having no warning for this poo poo and it taking up every single evening. "BTW, see you tomorrow and the day after" is getting pretty loving old.

There wasn't even room for negotiation on when, just "hey lemme know if you need more time".

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, us in the swole tribe have had to give up pretty much every evening this week thus far to this game and it's really cramping my social life.

Can we please move the challenge to like, tomorrow or next week or SOMETHING

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I ain't even showing up tonight, gently caress it.

I'm tired of having my social life and free time held hostage without any kind of communication or ANYTHING for what to do if it doesn't work out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And that's not even getting into the fact that some people have finals to study for.

Not me because I'm a washout, but some people!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also even beyond the social life thing I have finals next week

I need to study and having my evenings disrupted EVERY EVENING is really shooting that effort in the foot

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay gently caress it.

I am officially sick of having no warning for this poo poo and it taking up every single evening. "BTW, see you tomorrow and the day after" is getting pretty loving old.

There wasn't even room for negotiation on when, just "hey lemme know if you need more time".
Hmm, I'm always open to feedback, so let's talk about it! Sorry if this is a bit long-winded, but here's my thoughts:

Theoretically, Tribal Councils are not supposed to be too demanding. That's why we started off having a 5-hour window for TC, and I only narrowed it because I got feedback that all that time wasn't necessary. If TC is not time intensive, then there's just two challenges a week that really would be a demand on your time. So, if there's a problem with this game asking for too much of you, I'd like to look at Tribal Councils and start there in coming up with a solution. Whenever I post a Tribal Council time, I've always stressed that I'm willing to extend it as far as needed to make it work for people. Don't feel like just because you can make it at 8:30 that you have to sacrifice your evening and agree to the 8:30-9:30 time. If something else would be more convenient, ask for that window to be moved or extended! Again, theoretically, making a couple posts and sending in your vote is something I think we should be able to achieve without imposing too much on people's time.

All that said, I do recognize that the game is time-demanding. I realize people are caught in a position of sometimes not having a challenge be good with their schedule but not wanting to let their tribe down. So far all the challenges have allowed for people to sit out, though. If you have something else going on, I think you can inform your tribe and I encourage tribes to be understanding, which I'd expect people would be as long as you let them know in advance. It should be okay if you can't make a challenge! If you say, look, I really want to be there, but I'm going out with friends that night, I don't think your tribe will hold it against you and don't think they should. Give yourself some time off if you need it. Don't put pressure on yourself to have 100% attendance if it's not what's right for you.

As far as notice goes, so far we've been on a consistent schedule: challenges Tuesday and Thursday, TC on Wednesday and Monday. I'm not trying to take people by surprise. Beyond that, when someone requested having challenges on Wednesday, I was willing to incorporate that, and I really am willing to adjust things to make the game a good experience for you all. If there's a certain week that's busy for everyone, it's just a matter of making that known, and we can look at scaling things back that week, finals week for example. It's a balancing act between not wanting the game to last into July plus wanting to keep people immersed in the gameplay, and the fact that we don't want to take over people's lives.

All that said, though, this is a game that's in general a bit demanding on those who play it, and we can't totally escape that. Further, if one or two people can't make a challenge at this point, I'm not going to try to reschedule it because there's almost never going to be a time that's perfect for everyone. That's why the challenges are designed to work without 100% participation.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I was not able to get rid of my work shift so I can't make it to the challenge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

So that's a long post I made above but if we zero in on this for a second...

Fast Luck posted:

If there's a certain week that's busy for everyone, it's just a matter of making that known, and we can look at scaling things back that week, finals week for example.
If next week is finals week and that's gonna be a busy time for multiple people, we could make next week a week where we just have one challenge. On Wednesday, as per request. Something like that. feel free to hit me up with your conflicts and we'll see what we can do!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

idk if I could do a tribal tomorrow, so I'd like to request that Super Sexy win this challenge.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

At the risk of being "that guy", I'm fine with the current schedule. It really isn't that much time out of my day

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I guess I'm THAT guy too. I don't have a work schedule so I can make it pretty much anytime. The thing that has gotten me down this week though, is having to be here 4 nights straight in a row. I realize that if we'd won the challenge, that would not have happened, but I think it's putting some wear-and-tear on people. It's not like I have some AMAZING social life, but I have not been able to go out all week. Of course I could turn down a challenge, but I literally have the least good excuse for it, of anywhere here

I personally think you've been good about asking people to ask about changing the times, but it's the 4 days in a row that is getting people a little bonkers. It's already technically a game that never stops, but this week has been draining even to me, and I have nothing else I HAVE to do.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

DoggPickle posted:

I guess I'm THAT guy too. I don't have a work schedule so I can make it pretty much anytime. The thing that has gotten me down this week though, is having to be here 4 nights straight in a row. I realize that if we'd won the challenge, that would not have happened, but I think it's putting some wear-and-tear on people. It's not like I have some AMAZING social life, but I have not been able to go out all week. Of course I could turn down a challenge, but I literally have the least good excuse for it, of anywhere here

I personally think you've been good about asking people to ask about changing the times, but it's the 4 days in a row that is getting people a little bonkers. It's already technically a game that never stops, but this week has been draining even to me, and I have nothing else I HAVE to do.
:hfive:

I do think it's possible the 4 days in a row draining thing is an intended side effect of the game and losing though

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

After today we're probably off until Monday :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly it probably wouldn't be as bad as it's been for me if I wasn't in finals runup hell right now

But I am so it's been really bad

• Locked thread