Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Speedy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
So that's about five episodes in a row felicity tries to give Oliver a pep talk

Need to go watch season 1 again I guess

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well that's one way to...talk him down.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Paradise Lost posted:

So that's about five episodes in a row felicity tries to give Oliver a pep talk

Need to go watch season 1 again I guess

They've completely ruined her. She is the worst part of the show now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thea has been reborn, she wears full length shirts now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Show ruined

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

gently caress that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is totally Batman :lol:

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
This dude loves getting heroes to gently caress his daughters.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAH OKAY I ENJOY THIS A LOT

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You did not hesitate to execute my daughter. I give you my blessing, enjoy the honeymoon.

Edit: Eddie, take some notes.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Welp. Nothing quite as hosed as offering your own daughter to your platonic ideal of yourself as a wife.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Oh my god, this is very special episode territory.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Did they SERIOUSLY NOT TELL THEA Roy was alive until now oh my GOD

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
:lol: at Laurel with the french fry in the milkshake. So out of place

VV The way she threw it away like she was scared of it. Hahahah

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I literally lol'd at the forlorn french fry drop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone in Starling should probably just move.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Laurel mourning Nyssa over a burger and milkshake is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing Arrow has ever done.

e: Beaten

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This was honestly a really good episode -- there was a plot! And the plot actually matters! They even introduced an actual threat! -- but yeah a lot of this show borders on unintentional hilarity right now.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

What the gently caress is Malcolm running from the League for if destroying cities is their idea of freshman initiation?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JohnSherman posted:

What the gently caress is Malcolm running from the League for if destroying cities is their idea of freshman initiation?

Malcolm killed JUST the poor. That's distasteful. Gotta kill everyone.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

JohnSherman posted:

The League is just a hosed up mental asylum of pointless traditions that don't make any sense whatsoever and I'm embracing it at this point.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have to say that the "to become the next head of our honorable guild of assassins, you must depopulate your home city. Just loving because" requirement is really, really loving ludicrous and dumb.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Okay Oliver looks fly as gently caress in League of Assassins wedding threads. Also gently caress yeah Katana, hoping she doesn't become the Deathlok of DCTV costume work though.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Wiping cities off the map is always a part of the League. Here they just made it a really rare thing they only do as a way of wiping away the past of a new Ra's, which given how long they live is pretty uncommon. No more hosed up than "Your city is pretty corrupt and lovely, think we better nuke it." I rather it be a "this is what we rarely must do" than a "this is our ultimate purpose".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember when people were like, why doesn't he just take Ras' offer and declare a nonviolent LoA.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The League of Non-Violent Assassins: We'll still kill you but its more like euthanizing an old dog rather than shoving a sword through your chest which admittedly hasn't been as effective lately.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The League really needs better ascension rituals. What's wrong with just some naked spankings?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

VBane posted:

Wiping cities off the map is always a part of the League. Here they just made it a really rare thing they only do as a way of wiping away the past of a new Ra's, which given how long they live is pretty uncommon. No more hosed up than "Your city is pretty corrupt and lovely, think we better nuke it."
...Yes it is. There's at least a greater civil purpose, as ruthless and cruel as it may be, to destroying a city that is corrupt and lovely and degenerate. Destroying a city because you used to live there and you have to forget your past life or something is utterly pointless and psychopathic.

It's as ludicrous as the notion that Ra's went through all this trouble to make Oliver into the next Ra's because there's something special and significant about this person that would make him a good leader of the League of Assassins, only to mindwipe him and turn him into an addled drooling slave that does everything you want him to do anyway.

At this point I kind of expect them to reveal that Ra's only went after Oliver because he needed some kind of excuse to destroy Starling City and the easiest way to do that is to have the next Ra's be someone who came from Starling, thanks to Ridiculous League Rule #8539 Section BX.04 Clause %@^$* that he probably made up. And even then we run into the issue of why the heck is would he be angry at Merlyn for wanting to do the exact same thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ra's hated Robert Queen. What better revenge than brainwashing his son and then making him destroy his city

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

zoux posted:

Remember when people were like, why doesn't he just take Ras' offer and declare a nonviolent LoA.

You mean when people were making jokes on a comedy forum? Yes, I remember it quite well.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Each of the HK flashbacks was about 30 seconds long. I'm not complaining because they are the worst but why even bother at this point?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Catching up but I thought it was a funny easter egg that they were holding her at Fullerton and Halsted, which is a very specific location in Chicago, IL. It's where Depaul University is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

You mean when people were making jokes on a comedy forum? Yes, I remember it quite well.

You say you recognize jokes but there's one you're missing...

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Hollismason posted:

Catching up but I thought it was a funny easter egg that they were holding her at Fullerton and Halsted, which is a very specific location in Chicago, IL. It's where Depaul University is.

I was wondering when Starling apparently became Chicago.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Kilson posted:

I was wondering when Starling apparently became Chicago.

I'm a bit more interested in when Starling went from being a city to being the Arrow Cave, a rooftop, and a concrete building lit by tiki torches.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Darth Oliver is a pretty great line though, over all episode was alright.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I guess this whole season was working up to that badass Oliver walking off the roof bit. I think it was worth it, that was some Winter Soldier poo poo.

Haha they are doing weirdo dad pimp R'as

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 30, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That was finally a good episode but I feel like this should've happened much sooner. Felt like they were trying to do the Mirakuru connection last season but they really don't bring it in until the last 3 episodes, so it feels wasted. Cause including this, it's probably what, only 3 episodes of LoA Oliver? Doesn't seem like enough. I know they killed him midway through but I feel like he shouldn't have fought the offer and thought he could turn it around only to be brainwashed (and I doubt even if he resisted/still was Oliver coming out the other end he'd have to wait a long time to reform the LoA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I guess this whole season was working up to that badass Oliver walking off the roof bit. I think it was worth it, that was some Winter Soldier poo poo.

• Locked thread