Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Most of the EU tops said he was the best top in the region and he was very good at playing tanks. But he hasn't been a pro since the TP meta really started so he could be at a huge disadvantage there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Disinterested posted:

Most of the EU tops said he was the best top in the region and he was very good at playing tanks. But he hasn't been a pro since the TP meta really started so he could be at a huge disadvantage there.

yeah, zoro was kinda like the eu flame in a way... mechanical top laner that 1v1s noobs and throws down the way it should be done, before all these pussy rear end teleporters started ruining the gentleman's agreement of top lane

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

yeah, zoro was kinda like the eu flame in a way... mechanical top laner that 1v1s noobs and throws down the way it should be done, before all these pussy rear end teleporters started ruining the gentleman's agreement of top lane

I like to think of the pre-teleport days as baby's first top lane experience, until the point where people realized that everyone could have the same global strategic impact as Shen if they just chose the correct summoner spell.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Lovechop posted:

Zorro wasn't actually as flair or aggressive as Flame, he had more of a grindy style where he would try to slowly push you out by accumulating tiny advantages in trades, rather than just all inning you and then freezing and farming out a 150 cs lead.

Libertine posted:

I like to think of the pre-teleport days as baby's first top lane experience, until the point where people realized that everyone could have the same global strategic impact as Shen if they just chose the correct summoner spell.

Well they did change TP and nerf top carries as well, it's not like people never ran tp before. In fact Hotshot used to only play tanks and run tp and he would just get his head caved in by Jax/Vlad/Irelia players and hosed out of the game but a strong splitpusher with ignite.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Badfinger posted:

Caitlyn wants to be 200 range further away than Bork's active can be used. It also adds virtually nothing to her ult, which is part of her power in knocking people off towers.

It just doesn't synergize as much with what she wants to do as items that don't have mixed stats.

I'm just thinking about the update to the Recurve Bow, every hit has +10 damage from the get go.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Disinterested posted:

Zorro wasn't actually as flair or aggressive as Flame, he had more of a grindy style where he would try to slowly push you out by accumulating tiny advantages in trades, rather than just all inning you and then freezing and farming out a 150 cs lead.

Well they did change TP and nerf top carries as well, it's not like people never ran tp before. In fact Hotshot used to only play tanks and run tp and he would just get his head caved in by Jax/Vlad/Irelia players and hosed out of the game but a strong splitpusher with ignite.

I don't think that's changed much now. In solo queue it's exactly the same meta as it was years ago with people running Ignite and TP fairly equally. The difference is in pro play if you run a top lane carry with ignite now, you get 2v1'd on and you're pretty much screwed.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Disinterested posted:

blah i have a rose-tinted memory of lemondogs cause they were the first team i really got into watching, maybe i'm wrong x)

which is probably most of the reason i want the ELmondogs roster next split actually

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

GreyPowerVan posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/comments/32m2nk/alphadraft_challenger_league/

game 1 is them vs C9T

EDIT: Speaking of them exploding, I don't think they will. RFLegendary might be replaced with a new top laner eventually but Yuno is a legit really good support. They may need someone like LocoDoco to revoke their social media privileges so they can focus better. It does suck how much rage Remelia/Yuno will get for being a female player, though.

It's worse than that, both RFLegendary and Yuno have had trouble with the attention and criticism they got for being minor league celebrities before. On top of that Yuno isn't just female, she's trans, which is like throwing yourself to the wolves considering the league fanbase. Will be interesting if those two can handle the pressure.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've actually seen almost nothing but positive sentiment toward Yuno so far, but you can bet the second she commits a crime as grievous as not winning lane against Wildboys, the bullshit will start.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Cue a lot of lovely posts about how the only good woman league player is a dude.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Take any given post about Scarlett, search-and-replace SC2 with LoL, call it a day

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I don't remember the sc2 crowd being that bad with Scarlett but I also never read reddit so

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Jackie D posted:

I don't remember the sc2 crowd being that bad with Scarlett but I also never read reddit so

Or twitch chat....

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Calax posted:

I'm just thinking about the update to the Recurve Bow, every hit has +10 damage from the get go.

It's 10 damage though, not +10 or 10 AD. The reason that's important is that makes it flat damage and not additive or multiplicative, which means Caitlyn's passive doesn't interact with it in any way, rather than scaling up.

Bork got a pretty big buff by being able to lifesteal off its passive, but it still synergizes pretty poorly with what Caitlyn wants to do compared to the other items you'd buy in your build in its place.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Badfinger posted:

It's 10 damage though, not +10 or 10 AD. The reason that's important is that makes it flat damage and not additive or multiplicative, which means Caitlyn's passive doesn't interact with it in any way, rather than scaling up.

Bork got a pretty big buff by being able to lifesteal off its passive, but it still synergizes pretty poorly with what Caitlyn wants to do compared to the other items you'd buy in your build in its place.

Cait really really wants bonus AS though. Her steroid is keyed off attacks made so any AS you can squeeze in is huge. Bork's a better choice than thirster for her because it gives her a smoother ramp-up throughout the game, unless you're just getting bombarded by poke (and even then it may not be as big an issue anymore). It's not a bad idea to grab it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Yuno making LCS would be so huge for women but also the trans* community so I can't help but root for her wholeheartedly :3:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Jackie D posted:

SC2 fans were remarkably cool about Scarlett, by which I mean they weren't 100% loving assholes. She still got a lot of hate even though the community was overall reasonably supportive.

Keep in mind that Starcraft is dominated by Koreans to a far greater extent than League so Scarlett gets a bit of a boost just by being a competitive westerner. Yuno might not have that benefit.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Whether it's due to toxicity or not, if you read Yuno/Remilia's twitter she seems pretty seriously depressed and has been for a while. Makes me worry it's going to be a Gleeb-like situation or worse.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Zorozero has somehow attained mythic toplane god status and I can't even remember if he deserves it or not.

Nope. It made the promo series even funnier though.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jenny Angel posted:

I've actually seen almost nothing but positive sentiment toward Yuno so far, but you can bet the second she commits a crime as grievous as not winning lane against Wildboys, the bullshit will start.

Ppl have been posting her dox on reddit and there's normally loads of horrible posts by retards in any thread mentioning her. It really gets her down a lot. The league community is p lovely

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

curiousCat posted:

Yuno making LCS would be so huge for women but also the trans* community so I can't help but root for her wholeheartedly :3:

Why? Or, I guess a better question, what's her story? (Serious question, I know absolutely nothing about her except that she's on Misfits.)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mistaya posted:

Why? Or, I guess a better question, what's her story? (Serious question, I know absolutely nothing about her except that she's on Misfits.)

She is trans. A lot of people are really mad about that. That's the story.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think she used to be on Roar

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
also iirc she is the highest ranked female player in the west. near the start of the season she was top 5 challenger in soloq for quite a while. she's a really loving good support, especially on thresh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah she's absolutely good and got an undue amount of poo poo for "only being able to play Thresh" which described a lot of challenger supports and now is completely untrue.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Remilia/Yuno was first seen on curse academy back before they had Bunny and when they were hanging around in challenger, and played thresh mostly back then.

From what I gather she's been through some rough stuff on top of the whole thing with the double whammy of the internet/esports treatment of women and trans sorts. Also she really just wants to be respected and win on her own merits though rather than for her being a torch bearer or inspiration for others, which I can understand. Constantly having the conversation be about whether she is/isn't a real woman and poo poo rather than her play can get tiresome.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/rekkles-fnatic-elements/

#keepSteelback

Not really, Rekkles is still pretty good and will probably fit in perfectly on FNC. This makes them better.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

#keepSteelback

Not really, Rekkles is still pretty good and will probably fit in perfectly on FNC. This makes them better.

i'm not a big rekkles fan or anything, but he's basically steeelback but twenty times better, so this is a good move. Fnatic is the kind of team he has to be in for his style of play to work, I think they'll be pretty mean next season with this lineup.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

#keepSteelback

Team wins first place in the EU LCS, replaces their ADC with Rekkles after the international tournament.

And the cycle continues.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Yesss, perfect. This is exactly what Fnatic needed to do.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Fnatic's bot lane doesn't work as a standalone 2v2 so this was necessary.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
This is a good move for Fnatic. I approve.

e: I get why people are arguing for Bork on Caitlyn, but it synergizes with one part of her passive while flat AD synergizes with her passive and her Q/Ult (3.3 overall AD ratio). Plus, if you're in range to use its active you're in deep poo poo anyway. It's not a hideous item, but there's a reason that people overwhelmingly buy bloodthirster on Caitlyn. She's a siege AD and bloodthirster works in all ways with that. If Caitlyn comes back in competitive she's going to be a BT 3/4th item. Bork is like a 6th item sell boots thing.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 30, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sucks to be Steelback IMO. You manage to go for the win on the split, only to be replaced.

AAlthough Fnatic will come out ahead, I can't help but feel sorry for the dude.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Badfinger posted:

This is a good move for Fnatic. I approve.

e: I get why people are arguing for Bork on Caitlyn, but it synergizes with one part of her passive while flat AD synergizes with her passive and her Q/Ult (3.3 overall AD ratio). Plus, if you're in range to use its active you're in deep poo poo anyway. It's not a hideous item, but there's a reason that people overwhelmingly buy bloodthirster on Caitlyn. She's a siege AD and bloodthirster works in all ways with that. If Caitlyn comes back in competitive she's going to be a BT 3/4th item. Bork is like a 6th item sell boots thing.

Please tell me what people overwhelmingly buy instead of an item that was changed yesterday.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Good, Rekkles to FNC was one of the few things that actually made sense in terms of player movement this offseason.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Please tell me what people overwhelmingly buy instead of an item that was changed yesterday.

They don't. IE rush on Caitlyn. Why would you rush a BotRK on her at all.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Yellowstar gonna be :smaug: as hell

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I don't think Yellowstar and Rekkles work well together, not too fond of this happenning.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpL8HUL4yEc

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I just hope that xPeke comes in and styles on FNC to prove that he is the man. I mean the Origen house tour was cool as poo poo and I want those guys to be EU champs. They make me care about EU. On the other hand I want Rekkles to drag FNC down to show he is a shitter and for Elements with Tabzz to wreck poo poo to show that Rekkles was garbage.

• Locked thread