Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

shadok posted:

Hoth and Belsavis are the ones that everyone remembers because those are the planets that, if you wander too far off the class mission path, the automatic "green arrow" navigation system will lead you directly into an enemy faction base to get to your next objective. But I agree with you that Corellia is horrible, particularly because there are so many areas that look like open paths on the map, but aren't.

Yeeeeeeep. Belsavis and Alderaan annoy me because you often don't know that you're going the wrong way until you've gone a few minutes down the road and uncovered the part of the map that shows where you're actually supposed to be going.

Corellia, for all its faults, is usually navigable if you stare at the map long and hard enough, iirc. Or maybe that map reveals in a bullshit fashion too, I don't remember really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So in oceanic. Which server will have the best pop/most goons for me?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Hahaha apparently people found a way to the locked boss and killed him. Bioware already punishing.

Three members of my guild got a 72 hour suspension - they beat it on 8m SM, 8m HM and 16m SM apparently. Bioware supposedly removing achievements, crafting mats and gear that dropped from the boss. Ouch!

The one night I am glad I was left out ;)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Pffft nothing but scrubs on JC.

Realtalk Harbinger is the unofficial APAC server so pretty much rolls 24/7.

How is the pvp/ranked/pugged raid scene compared to JC?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

How is the pvp/ranked/pugged raid scene compared to JC?

Reg queues pop all day at all lvls. Pubs dominate lowbies while 60's are fairly balanced.

Ranked solo is consistent at APAC prime time and PST prime time and Imp dominated, PvE equipped tryhards can be an issue. Teams are not organic and must be organized but they are there.

PvE is a no-brainer as Harbinger is the most progressed PvE server hands down.

The Ziost world boss exploit was reported on the PTS and there was even a thread about it, guess Bioware thought people would use the honor system. :rolleyes:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can the costume designer be used for companions, too? Basically I want to wear matching judge dredd outfits on my merc and mako without having to buy a bunch of crap

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can the costume designer be used for companions, too? Basically I want to wear matching judge dredd outfits on my merc and mako without having to buy a bunch of crap

Not yet. :( Which is a bummer because everyone's companions look the same with the Yavin gear

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Not yet. :( Which is a bummer because everyone's companions look the same with the Yavin gear

Nuts.

Though honestly, I'm so happy with this idea that I just had that I might just do it the hard way

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So the level 56 purple stims and med packs aren't re useable like the lower level versions. Why would I blast loads of money into crew missions for the purple mats needed to craft it for the sake of an extra 600 hp heal?

Or am I missing something..

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tai posted:

So the level 56 purple stims and med packs aren't re useable like the lower level versions. Why would I blast loads of money into crew missions for the purple mats needed to craft it for the sake of an extra 600 hp heal?

Or am I missing something..

Nope, the purple versions are no longer reusable. Don't use purple mats for consumables

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

Nope, the purple versions are no longer reusable. Don't use purple mats for consumables

Except for stims if you are raiding. The fact the purple stims last 8 hours still make them worthwhile.

I just use green medpacks now since the health healed is negligible and its. It worth the rarer mats. I still use my old lvl 52 reusable adrenal.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tenzarin posted:

I have a 50 jugg, 30 power tech, and a 30 sorc I need to transfer to a server but can't decide between Jedi covenant or harbringer. Don't really care what's more popular just want to be able to play late nights without feeling like I'm in a ghost town.

Are there any goon guilds on Harbinger? I joined that one when I signed up because it's West Coast PvE which makes the most sense for me.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is it me, or does Ziost look like Alderaan?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Aww yeah, buckle my swash!

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is it me, or does Ziost look like Alderaan?

Isn't everything on Ziost underground? To me it looks like Kaas City in a giant cave.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Love it! Been waiting for that since the pirate hats!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Love it! Been waiting for that since the pirate hats!

yeah, I love this set.

Gonna have to find one of those hats to go in my outfit designer. What's the best one?

nonentity fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 30, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay now you need to make a regen item that is "cut chandelier and fly up laughing".

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Has the game become completely unstable for anyone else after yesterday's patch?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

nonentity posted:

yeah, I love this set.

Gonna have to find one of those hats to go in my outfit designer. What's the best one?

Should have made a Cyborg with a robo eyepatch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I resubbed :negative:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just started playing this and I appreciate that Powertechs only carry around a single pistol for their main weapon compared to rifles or cannons or whatever

Also, the male Bounty Hunter's voice acting is pretty incredible.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Any chance we'll ever see some more cool looking vibroswords anytime soon?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Purple stims are like 6k on the GTN and they last 8 hours, through death. That's less than one elite mob drops on Ziost, ain't no excuse for coming raiding without purple stims :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any way to stop the game doing that thing where tabbing in gives you a no-poo poo loading screen? What the gently caress is up with that?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Pierson posted:

Is there any way to stop the game doing that thing where tabbing in gives you a no-poo poo loading screen? What the gently caress is up with that?

Run it in Windowed Fullscreen mode.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Which DPS class is most in demand on raids? I might try flogging some purple stims.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CharlesM posted:

Are there any goon guilds on Harbinger? I joined that one when I signed up because it's West Coast PvE which makes the most sense for me.

I don't think so. I'm in a pubbie Pub guild on Harbinger though and they're pretty chill.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Tai posted:

Which DPS class is most in demand on raids? I might try flogging some purple stims.

Aren't Gunslingers/Snipers and Sentinels/Marauders still the only pure DPS classes and overall outperform the others in the same role? With maybe the exception of Commandos/Mercenaries, since they just poo poo damage everywhere.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't think so. I'm in a pubbie Pub guild on Harbinger though and they're pretty chill.

We've got got a guild for the LP on Harbinger though it's basically inactive.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DoubleDonut posted:

I just started playing this and I appreciate that Powertechs only carry around a single pistol for their main weapon compared to rifles or cannons or whatever

Also, the male Bounty Hunter's voice acting is pretty incredible.

It's apparently the same dude who did the main character from Cowboy Bebop.

Also I'm on Harbringer and have no guild. Pretty tempted to join one of the ones shouting in general.

One more question. I went to go buy Shadow of Revan but when I clicked purchase and it asked me to log in and when I did that button is greyed out and I can no longer purchase it but my game thingy says I only have hutt cartel in my profile. Do I own it or not or is it given free to subscribers?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ramadu posted:

Nope! Steve Blum does a few voices in this game, but not that one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Also I'm on Harbringer and have no guild. Pretty tempted to join one of the ones shouting in general.

One more question. I went to go buy Shadow of Revan but when I clicked purchase and it asked me to log in and when I did that button is greyed out and I can no longer purchase it but my game thingy says I only have hutt cartel in my profile. Do I own it or not or is it given free to subscribers?

That's Steve Blum, and according to the IMDB page he voiced the Male Trooper, not hte Male Bounty Hunter, though in retrospect I could have sworn he was the voice of the BH... then again, I haven't played the BH in like 3 years, so...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Male Trooper is Brian Bloom, BH is Tom Spackman. Steve Blum, while in everything, is not a PC voice.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ok well at least I got "in the game" and the anime right! Gosh!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Aren't Gunslingers/Snipers and Sentinels/Marauders still the only pure DPS classes and overall outperform the others in the same role? With maybe the exception of Commandos/Mercenaries, since they just poo poo damage everywhere.

SM Rav/ToS isn't so demanding that it really matters. Play what you enjoy.

For HM yes Mando/Mercs are in demand but not for their damage but because Hydraulic Overrides/Hold The Line makes them well equipped to deal with certain mechanics especially in ToS. They also have good utility since they have off-heals and a battle rez if you're healers can't spare the GCD. GS/Snipers are nice since they can place their damage shields over healers and again Hunker Down/Entrench and Covered Escape trivializes some mechanics which again is all about taking pressure off of healers.

For Sentinels/Maras you want exactly one since they're buffs don't stack and they otherwise don't bring any other utility.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

SM Rav/ToS isn't so demanding that it really matters. Play what you enjoy.

This is the correct train of thought. Seriously, 99% of the people in this thread will never be pushing HM/NiM content so there's no need to worry about "ideal" DPS. Play the class you enjoy playing, the DPS difference in classes is miniscule for SM content.

Even our progression group in TNG before Savarra abandoned us didn't have too much thought as to our group composition - we had 3 DPS mercs, 1 healer merc and two Assassin tanks for the most part.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I'd add though that, if you choose to play as a Marauder, please don't be like 95% of the Mara players... Try to control the instincts that apparently push you to jump and aggro everything in range, wear willpower gear, and have level 10 greens at level 60. Just... don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Hulk Smash! posted:

Try to control the instincts that apparently push you to ju

Sorry, you started talking and then Force Charge came off cooldown, and there was an enemy in range. What were you saying?

• Locked thread