Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Woah, I didn't expect the Tyler and Will both voting for Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

TMMadman posted:

Woah, I didn't expect the Tyler and Will both voting for Dan.

I'm willing to bet the core alliance discussed a Plan B for if Mike actually played it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

TMMadman posted:

So let's guess who voted for Tyler/Dan before they show it.

I guess: Sierra/Tyler

I was going to say Tyler voted for Shirin, given his "I hope this works", so I'm surprised that he didn't catch on to Mike's obvious plan. I'm also surprised that Rodney did catch on to the plan. Will is no surprise.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Nice play by Mike given how hopeless his situation had become. Hopefully things get shaken up a bit, if Dan doesn't wake up now he's totally clueless.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't really think that was a smart play by Mike, for what it's worth. Either he has to go on a challenge run or the idol play successfully instilled distrust within the core six alliance. If it's the former, one round of idol is only going to do him so much good, and if it's the latter, he only needs to get two flippers if Shirin stays.

I think the extra vote is better than the extra round of guaranteed safety when you're facing the odds he's facing. Even if it places Tyler as enemy number 1, he's still the second biggest threat.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I get why Mike did that, but he probably still should have played the idol. Rodney's four seem pretty unbreakable, so even if he flips Dan and Sierra next week he's still down 4-3. At least if he plays the idol, he knows for sure Rodney's four is down to three meaning he has a fighting chance to ever regain a majority.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 though.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

mancalamania posted:

even if he flips Dan and Sierra next week he's still down 4-3.

4/4 with Dan's vote. :getin:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I don't really think that was a smart play by Mike, for what it's worth. Either he has to go on a challenge run or the idol play successfully instilled distrust within the core six alliance. If it's the former, one round of idol is only going to do him so much good, and if it's the latter, he only needs to get two flippers if Shirin stays.

I think the extra vote is better than the extra round of guaranteed safety when you're facing the odds he's facing. Even if it places Tyler as enemy number 1, he's still the second biggest threat.

Well, it's not terrible because Mike has to know if he doesn't win immunity then he would have to use his HII. So by showing it now, he is telling the group of 6 that their 'game' is going to have to get started earlier than they thought. They are going to have to pick one of their own to vote out next tribal no matter what now and that's going to make people nervous.

edit - Sure it means he's all alone this week, but he can also just sit back watching the antics for a few days and then see what he can do with the fallout.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

And being a part of a swing vote puts Mike in a spot to be decide who he plays against, even if he has to play his idol.

Best part of the whole thing was everyone's faces.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Well, it's not terrible because Mike has to know if he doesn't win immunity then he would have to use his HII. So by showing it now, he is telling the group of 6 that their 'game' is going to have to get started earlier than they thought. They are going to have to pick one of their own to vote out next tribal no matter what now and that's going to make people nervous.

edit - Sure it means he's all alone this week, but he can also just sit back watching the antics for a few days and then see what he can do with the fallout.

With the way things went down, I don't see how there will be any significant antics or fallout. Rodney's alliance of 4 is tight and has an idol too. They have no real reason to turn on each other. Even if Sierra and Dan both flip, and even if Dan uses the extra vote it's a 4-4 tie. Presumably, Dan loses the extra vote on the re-vote, and Rodney's alliance wins. Mike would need to get lucky and play the idol on the right person to make a dent in Rodney's alliance (whereas this week he had a clean shot and didn't take it), and even then would need to hope that Carolyn doesn't play her's on the right person.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Dan being adopted explains a lot about him

Him cheering on Rodney was so creepy to listen to, too. Chill your boner, man.

e; I'm still not really over the adoption thing. What was the point in that? Does he seriously think verbal abuse at the hand of a father is equivalent to not... knowing your bio dad, since he said he knows his bio mom?

This guy keeps getting worse, it's incredible.

aidoru fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 30, 2015

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I want Dan to lose this game. I want him to lose this game hard. :black101:
I'd say the same about Will... but that would require actually playing the game. So I'll settle for the audience just laughing him into rear end in a top hat-oblivion at the reunion.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Is there anybody you wouldn't take to the final tribal with you? Besides Mike?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Man. Shirin must have been a lot more annoying out there than the edit has been suggesting. Since day one she's been obviously aloof, but the amount of hatred that the rest of the tribe has for her is bewildering. Still, the fact that none of them would denounce Will for the way he acted is bizarre. And they have such hatred, to the point that they are willing to forego her as an obvious goat in the finale, unless they are lying and suspect that she might actually gain enough votes.

What a weird season. The cast is not as unlikeable as last season, but the fact that this cast has me rooting for someone like Mike, weird, weird, weird.

And, Jeff hypes every season. We should all just know to ignore his opinions on upcoming seasons. His job relies on it. He wants every season to sound incredible, and better than the last.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shirin got that edit because of the fan voting for next season's cast, which is apparently going to begin next Thursday

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Was talking to my buddy tonight, and he laid out this scenario for me: Rodney, Mike, Dan final 3. Mike gets 4 votes, Rodney gets 4 votes, Dan gets 0. In that tie, Dan gets pushed to the jury and casts the deciding vote for a million dollars.

Words can't even describe how awesome/horrible that would be.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nihonniboku posted:

Man. Shirin must have been a lot more annoying out there than the edit has been suggesting. Since day one she's been obviously aloof, but the amount of hatred that the rest of the tribe has for her is bewildering. Still, the fact that none of them would denounce Will for the way he acted is bizarre. And they have such hatred, to the point that they are willing to forego her as an obvious goat in the finale, unless they are lying and suspect that she might actually gain enough votes.

There's no shortage of goats this season, and Shirin has 3-4 votes (Joe, Hali, Jenn, maybe Mike) if she makes it to the end.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Recursive posted:

Dan totally distracted Rodney, when he was concentrated on his own poo poo, he had it, it was when he looked at Mike that he slipped.

Tribal should be fun.

uhh, I don't think Dan was helping, but Mike had like 5 coils left to Rodney's 1 and a half. Rodney was just barely holding on for the whole cheer-leading part. The challenge really reinforced the challenge threat tier as Joe > Mike > Jenn/Tyler/MamaC > everyone else. And every one of those > is a massive drop off.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

SteveVizsla posted:

Joe has the prettiest hair.
He looks so much like how Orlando Bloom did in Pirates Of The Caribbean. :allears: It's such a refreshing change from having to look at Dan's saggy, hairy manboobs for half an hour.

I'm watching the more memorable parts of the older seasons and holy poo poo, the whole thing with the crazy old lady and the animal graveyard was hilarious. By all accounts, Thailand was the worst season (I was a first grader when it aired so I can't remember why) but Jan was something else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn9x4rGsAwQ

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 30, 2015

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I have no idea why anyone is talking about tribal when four people tried to barrel roll for 20 yards and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Best season ever

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I realize there's interesting and funny things but I just hate all these people too hard to enjoy it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

If anyone picked Rodney as their poison, they are getting their wish.

Met posted:

Pony: Shirin
Poison: Rodney

:confuoot:

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Might have been nice to see some of the Tyler that everyone's apparently going to give 1 million to in the first 10 episodes.

Episode 11 arrives and he's suddenly got one hand on the cheque.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

Might have been nice to see some of the Tyler that everyone's apparently going to give 1 million to in the first 10 episodes.

Episode 11 arrives and he's suddenly got one hand on the cheque.

But only because everyone else says so. Tyler still did nothing this episode either. He didn't even vote correctly.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

blue squares posted:

But only because everyone else says so. Tyler still did nothing this episode either. He didn't even vote correctly.

If he voted for anyone else and Mike actually used the idol on Shirin he was gone

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
In her Ponderosa videos Shirin said that she was used to people like Will yelling at her and verbally assaulting her, and the reason she started crying shortly after that incident wasn't because of Will's abusive words but tears of happiness because when Mike stepped in and defended her it was the first time that a man ever came rushing in to defend her from something like that. Which is both :smith: and :unsmith:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Mike and Tyler played chicken. Tyler lost.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ughhhhhhhh

Go Mike, I guess?

Ugh

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Well, Mike's play was a pretty good one. Playing his idol would have been great TV but counter-productive to his game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

TMMadman posted:

The frustrating thing is that Sierra could flip back to Mike, but she's so concerned about it being an ineffective move because she's 'only one person'. She could have made a women's alliance earlier in the game as well - nope, not strong enough. I mean, she's got a hard road ahead, since Carolyn's tight with Tyler, Rodney doesn't see the threat Tyler is, and Will and Dan are useless as well as scum.

Next vote Mike's guaranteed safe unless he's dumb enough not to play the idol. So I'm guessing Dan, Tyler or Sierra are on the block.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

blue squares posted:

If Mike plays the idol and the six all vote for Shirin, Tyler goes home. The two Dan votes were smart; I assume there was some sort of communication during tribal or a contingency plan heading into it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I thought Tyler was just a useless nobody with no game until this episode. They did a 180 on his camera time and now my house is all rooting for him.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Mike played that brilliantly, if it wasn't for Will it could have been amazing.

He is also in a pretty good position now. He is guaranteed 6 more days and even longer if he can win one of the next two immunities. It was a perfect wake up call for Dan and I think this game is now wide open.

I can see this conversation happening next week based on the previews Dan loses his poo poo at Tyler, we saw that. "Why did you lie to me. I thought we were friends" and then I can see Tyler pulling the "Well why did you lie to us and not tell us you had 2 votes?" That would definitly make Dan go back to Mike and may make the rest of the blue collar team realise that they can re-take over the game again.

The thing that annoys me most about Dan's stupidity is the fact he doesn't believe that Rodney flipped on him. If he stopped trying to get TV time with some sort brilliant witty quote every 10 seconds (I emphasise "trying") and and breathed he might actually be able to see straight. What makes more sense?

"Mike went crazy and turned on us out of the blue for no reason to form an alliance of three against six after being Blue Strong! all season" or
"Rodney flipped and made a power move to get Mike out"

It's a no loving brainer.

xbilkis posted:

What on earth did Jeff see in this

Are you serious?

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 30, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Mike is gonna win and Mike is basically Jeff's wet dream

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there any clarification on what would have happened if Mike had played the idol and there was a Dan-Tyler revote? Would Shirin be eligible to vote, since all her votes would have been nullified?

If Rodney was smart, he would get back into a Blue Collar alliance next week and take out either Tyler or Carolyn if Dan spills that he has an extra vote. Tyler/Carolyn aren't threatening on their own, but because they're a tight duo, if it gets down to Rodney/Will/Tyler/Carolyn he has no real chance of winning unless he wins immunity, since they would much rather take Will instead of him. By joining with the BCs, he could take out either WC, then join with Dan/Sierra/Will and take out Mike or the other WC in either order. From there he would have his pick of goats to the end.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there any clarification on what would have happened if Mike had played the idol and there was a Dan-Tyler revote? Would Shirin be eligible to vote, since all her votes would have been nullified?

Everyone except for the people deadlocked (in this case Dan and Tyler) would be allowed to vote.

ApplesandOranges posted:

If Rodney was smart, he would get back into a Blue Collar alliance next week and take out either Tyler or Carolyn if Dan spills that he has an extra vote. Tyler/Carolyn aren't threatening on their own, but because they're a tight duo, if it gets down to Rodney/Will/Tyler/Carolyn he has no real chance of winning unless he wins immunity, since they would much rather take Will instead of him. By joining with the BCs, he could take out either WC, then join with Dan/Sierra/Will and take out Mike or the other WC in either order. From there he would have his pick of goats to the end.

Depends on who Rodney thinks he will win against and who Tyler/Carolyn think they will win against. E.g. If Carolyn thinks she loses against Tyler but wins against Rodney he should be able to convince her and Will to vote Tyler out.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 30, 2015

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005

ColdBlooded posted:

If Mike plays the idol and the six all vote for Shirin, Tyler goes home. The two Dan votes were smart; I assume there was some sort of communication during tribal or a contingency plan heading into it.

The only problem I have with Tyler's vote is that he should have voted Sierra. He knows Dan has two votes and is significantly less likely to receive jury votes than Sierra is. If I'm Tyler I'm pumping Dan's ego that we're going to the final three because he'll eat it up and use his extra vote how you want him to. Hell, if he takes him to the final three he'll be a fantastic goat.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Arkane posted:

Was talking to my buddy tonight, and he laid out this scenario for me: Rodney, Mike, Dan final 3. Mike gets 4 votes, Rodney gets 4 votes, Dan gets 0. In that tie, Dan gets pushed to the jury and casts the deciding vote for a million dollars.

Words can't even describe how awesome/horrible that would be.

I wonder if Dan can take his extra vote to jury and use it in Final Tribal Council, cast 2 votes for the winner

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kid posted:

I wonder if Dan can take his extra vote to jury and use it in Final Tribal Council, cast 2 votes for the winner

I forget where I read it but I think the deadline on the bonus vote is final 5, just like the hidden immunity idols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Lone Goat posted:

I forget where I read it but I think the deadline on the bonus vote is final 5, just like the hidden immunity idols.

It's not written on the rules inside the vote-case-thingie, but Dan confirms it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEtcr-qE4I

• Locked thread