Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Gotta say, this fills me with joy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nakama means crew

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd only be okay with it if they had half the words untranslated.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd only be daijoubu with it if they had half the words untranslated.

Also, later on there's a email from a character called L. Gaga who works for TV-New'hon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope there's another sub group called Working-Late.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'll admit I've been pretty boring so far with Chroma Squad, I've gone default with literally everything, and gone with the easiest setting(I figure I'll use this playthrough to figure everything out before I do a new playthrough that's more original in nature)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Can I give my squad capes? Capes own.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Also can you do Battilizers and things?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Solaris Knight posted:

Can I give my squad capes? Capes own.

Capes seem to be the final craftable item, I only had the materials to outfit 4/5 of my squad with them, but that's mostly because I wanted a +skill regen outfit for my healer, and I kept getting +TONS OF HEALTH suits.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Can you have female Reds and male Pinks? Oranges?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Light Gun Man posted:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

You can make everyone the same color, even!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here are all the colors you can pick. You can even have your team be all the same color.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yes.

All brown team with a shitposting theme.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Does it have to be a team of five? Can you do a team of 3 (sun vulcan) or one?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gotta be 5. Each member plays a vital role classwise.

I think there's supposed to be Rider episode DLC from a stretch goal.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Do you get a sixth ranger later on in the game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't believe so.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dexie posted:

drat your avatar! Now I want to do Crystal Sentai Gemman.

Why do Gem Knights have to be so bad as a deck, I love them so much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Poison Mushroom posted:

drat your avatar! Now I want to do Crystal Sentai Gemman.

Why do Gem Knights have to be so bad as a deck, I love them so much.

Their new support is pretty insane and lets them pull off some nutty plays.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Dexie posted:

You can get one, but there was an option to turn them down when I played. There are also occasional levels where a kickstarter backer shows up and fights alongside your team, and at one point I think I had 7 people under my control at once.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Pyroi posted:

You can get one, but there was an option to turn them down when I played. There are also occasional levels where a kickstarter backer shows up and fights alongside your team, and at one point I think I had 7 people under my control at once.

Can you target/incapacitate them?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Can you target/incapacitate them?

Why would you do that, they're under your control so just shove them off in a corner or use them for minion control.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Pyroi posted:

Why would you do that, they're under your control so just shove them off in a corner or use them for minion control.

It's lonely in the friendship locker, is why and a body gets bored.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Kanpai Senshi After V is getting another season sometime this year.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
All this talk about Chromasquad and none about CARRANGER BEING FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread, you disappoint me. And since I've already seen all of Megaranger I can skip right into the Vs as soon as thats done.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Cliff Racer posted:

All this talk about Chromasquad and none about CARRANGER BEING FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread, you disappoint me. And since I've already seen all of Megaranger I can skip right into the Vs as soon as thats done.

I think the VS was posted by MFC right after this was posted

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I missed the KS, but last night bought the game on the humble store as there weren't any Steam pre-orders

Still waiting on humble store code

Game's out on steam already.

:negative:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm planning out the adventures of the LIGHTNING RONIN SQUADRON, so we'll see how many electric gimmicks I can pack into this.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't play until tonight, but I might save it for tomorrow anyway so I can stream it.

I'm still strongly considering weird Christian Rock sentai "Evangelical Dance Team Archanger", but I feel like I'd run out of steam after making their robot summon "Jesus, take the wheel!"

I think I'd get more mileage out of something like "Fallen Star Sentai Ryuseiger" and give them all space gimmicks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, in theory, you could make all of the members women and have it be the most kickass magical girl simulator ever.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Team: Clown Posse Jugglman
Henshin: Whoop Whoop
Robot Summon: Time for some MMFWCL!

Work is taking forever.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fooley posted:

Team: Clown Posse Jugglman
Henshin: Whoop Whoop
Robot Summon: Time for some MMFWCL!

Work is taking forever.

poo poo. Make the henshin button the "Whoop Whoop" and the phrase they shout, "We're down with the clown!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

So from what I've gathered, the Rider stuff is one of the branches for Season 5.

What sorts of plot branches have people been running into so far? I can think of two emails that have seemed to have plot relevant decisions - choosing to fight the old studio in court was probably linked to the budget problems I had in Season 2 (though paying them off would probably just change one episode) and installing the Audience Booster made the entirety of Season 3 about how Lead was being controlled by the booster.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tricky posted:

So from what I've gathered, the Rider stuff is one of the branches for Season 5.

Kinda wish it was DLC, instead :shobon:
I mean, I'll see how I feel when I get there, but my gut says it will be weird switching gears from "beautiful sentai too pure for this world" to "beautiful kamen rider too pure for this world".

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Kinda wish it was DLC, instead :shobon:
I mean, I'll see how I feel when I get there, but my gut says it will be weird switching gears from "beautiful sentai too pure for this world" to "beautiful kamen rider too pure for this world".

I agree -- I'd definitely prefer if it was something you could just run through from the menu. I'd guess you eventually get the Rider as your 6th, much like how the other branches seem to be about the standard 6th or the redeemed enemy angle. That's just achievement speculation, though, so I won't know until I get a chance to power through the rest of Season 4. :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Man I just bothered glancing at the system reqs, and it looks like I can run this on my cheap-rear end windows tablet. Does Steam Cloud appear to be properly carrying save files and stuff? I might play this on my lunch breaks for the foreseeable future.

e: :laffo: the only negative review on the store page right now is mad because the game contains memes and social justice.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 30, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Tricky posted:

What sorts of plot branches have people been running into so far? I can think of two emails that have seemed to have plot relevant decisions - choosing to fight the old studio in court was probably linked to the budget problems I had in Season 2 (though paying them off would probably just change one episode) and installing the Audience Booster made the entirety of Season 3 about how Lead was being controlled by the booster.

Pretty sure you HAVE to install the booster, it's kind of important for the game's plot. Also, the email from Lord Gaga about it is a choice between "It's probably a scam, but do it anyway" and "FREE poo poo HELL YEAH". As for the court/tribute option, if you choose tributes Mi Ah attempts to steal Cerebro in the season 2 premiere, and the devil episode is replaced with one where you fight Spongebob. In the court option, you don't fight Mi Ah, but instead fight Satan, his lawyer.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Pyroi posted:

Pretty sure you HAVE to install the booster, it's kind of important for the game's plot. Also, the email from Lord Gaga about it is a choice between "It's probably a scam, but do it anyway" and "FREE poo poo HELL YEAH". As for the court/tribute option, if you choose tributes Mi Ah attempts to steal Cerebro in the season 2 premiere, and the devil episode is replaced with one where you fight Spongebob. In the court option, you don't fight Mi Ah, but instead fight Satan, his lawyer.

Ah, makes sense. It would have been pretty great if you could reject the booster and it ended up going through Mi Ah's studio instead, with the S3 plot focusing on an escalating series of gimmicks to compete with their media juggernaut. I'll have to goof around with some alternate options on my second run-through and see what all changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Man I just bothered glancing at the system reqs, and it looks like I can run this on my cheap-rear end windows tablet. Does Steam Cloud appear to be properly carrying save files and stuff? I might play this on my lunch breaks for the foreseeable future.

e: :laffo: the only negative review on the store page right now is mad because the game contains memes and social justice.

It will be made available on tablets as well, actually, but not smartphones.

• Locked thread