Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aladdin: Arabian Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
That episode was pretty good, but it seemed to go by really fast.

I have to think Oliver is somehow playing the long con on Ra's, but I don't see how it plays out exactly.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Aladdin: Arabian Knight

My name is Aladdin. For seventeen hellish years I lived as a street rat in the city of Agrabah with only on goal, survive and keep one jump ahead. But now, in order to show the girl I love a whole new world I'll need a friend like none other to become something else. To become... someone else.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ahahahaha Hahaha

Hahahaha

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Laurel continues her newfound reign as best character on the show

Up is down, black is white

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Moon posted:

My name is Aladdin. For seventeen hellish years I lived as a street rat in the city of Agrabah with only on goal, survive and keep one jump ahead. But now, in order to show the girl I love a whole new world I'll need a friend like none other to become something else. To become... someone else.
:vince:

If only a thread title could be that long...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

:eyepop:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Well at least the interminable Hong Kong flashbacks have a purpose now (introducing the alpha-omega virus thing). And Laurel was... actually good. And I counting down the episodes until we find out Felicity is pregnant (I'm gonna guess second ep of new season) because OF COURSE SHE IS.

Alternately they can go all balls to the wall crazy as they want this season because Flash is gonna time travel and change the whole timeline anyway so nothing's off the table.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spoilery as gently caress Gif from next week...

http://i.imgur.com/KdHpGCT.gifv

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I don't care what happens on the show as long as Katrina Law gets screen time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

Is that Thea? haha. What a strange thing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Drifter posted:

Is that Thea? haha. What a strange thing.

That's Katana's current comics look, so presumably that's her.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

Cosplay at the outdoor gun and bow range?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAH SYAG posted:

Cosplay at the outdoor gun and bow range?

Birds of Prey, Katana, Laurel & Nyssa!!

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
At this point Ra's Al Ghal is basically a drunken redneck dad sitting on his porch spouting incoherent nonsense about how "This country sucks now let me tell ya how to fix it!" and "My daughter ain't no LESBO! Let me just fix ya up with the right man!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ded posted:

I don't care what happens on the show as long as Katrina Law gets screen time.

Katrina Law needs to be a regular next season, Nyssa has been by far the best thing going in Arrow this year.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The best thing about this episode was goon Laurel, but Hong Kong and crytalking Felicity can gently caress off.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I almost want Nyssa and Laurel to be in lesbians with each other. I love them both. But that would be super hosed-up and kind of disrespectful to Sara, so they can stay besties and train each other in the art of being badass/being a normal person, respectively. :3:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Spergatory posted:

I almost want Nyssa and Laurel to be in lesbians with each other. I love them both. But that would be super hosed-up and kind of disrespectful to Sara, so they can stay besties and train each other in the art of being badass/being a normal person, respectively. :3:

And then they kiss?

I did like Oliver's stone cold brainwashed look after Ras told him what was going to happen with Nyssa.
"Well if it must be done, I will have procreative sex with this incredibly hot woman."

I just hope we don't get a power of love ending with Felicity.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

And then they kiss?

I did like Oliver's stone cold brainwashed look after Ras told him what was going to happen with Nyssa.
"Well if it must be done, I will have procreative sex with this incredibly hot woman."

I dunno, I thought he looked a bit skeeved out. He usually does that thing where he quickly turns and stares ahead when he's freaked out iirc. I think raping the lesbian lover of his former dead girlfriend is a bit beyond the pale even for him.

Or maybe I just hope that, jesus loving christ Ras gently caress you.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
None of them can get through to Oliver until suddenly the maid from the pilot episode shows up. "Mr. Queen, you always been such a good boy".

"M-Maid from pilot episode? I-I... You were the one I cared for most of all! I remember who I am now, I am Oliver queen, the green arrow!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mooseontheloose posted:

If we do get a power of love ending it should be with Starling City.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's some lazy background work.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Please tell me someone gif'd that scene with Oliver walking off the building.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Please tell me someone gif'd that scene with Oliver walking off the building.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

When did Thea jump off a building in MC Hammer pants?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

SEE YA LATER, SHITLORDS.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That episode was a lot better than I expected it to be so cool stuff

lol

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 30, 2015

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That image is hilarious.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress man she really is the DCTV equivalent of Deathlok from AoS :negative:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Katrina Law definitely the best thing about the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

gently caress man she really is the DCTV equivalent of Deathlok from AoS :negative:

It's comic accurate. It's just that that's a bad thing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Spergatory posted:

It's a bit weird, like it's not just that the characters have good chemistry with each other, it kinds seems like the show is intentionally framing things that way, even with simple things like the cinematography and how the two of them are placed into shots together. But I don't REALLY think that's where the show is gonna go...

Maybe after working at the CW for so long, this is just the only way the Arrow writers are capable of writing a relationship, of any kind.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Is Thea leaving the show? Her character is one of things that ties the hero stuff into the regular world and I don't know if I'd keep watching past this season if she left. Unless Arrow magically got a lot better.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Thea cutting through all the bullshit this season has been the greatest thing, this episode being no exception. Everyone else is angsting over whether Ollie can be saved, but Thea is straight-up ready to kill him.

It's very refreshing.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 30, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I did like how Diggle went from "we can get through to Ollie" to "gently caress you Oliver, I'll kill you" immediately after Lyla was taken.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

Thea cutting through all the bullshit this season has been the greatest thing, this episode being no exception. Everyone else is angsting over whether Ollie can be saved, but Thea is straight-up ready to kill him.

It's very refreshing.
She's been great, which was a big surprise, but she does comment in a very Deadpool/Whedon-esque kind of way, which is okay, as long s her dialogue is good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ufarn posted:

... she does comment in a very Deadpool/Whedon-esque kind of way, ...

How's that?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

How's that?
She's just very meta, but Felicity had some of that this episode as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Also of note: this is the second episode in as many weeks where a bunch of people opened fire in a densely crowded area and hit gently caress-all.

• Locked thread