Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

As a fellow 90s fan, you might enjoy 2k13 more, as the attitude era sim was pitch perfect. But again, you'd need a console.

I recently bought WWE 13 for 4 bucks at a pawn shop because I am a dumb 90's wrestling mark. It's alright, and the Attitude Era mode is great if you're into Attitude Era stuff (you get to play the Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker and Mankind :swoon:) but the "Hit the finisher and pin within 10 seconds" objective in Attitude Era mode is a big load of drat bullshit. They always ropebreak or kick out and then the match goes on for 5 more minutes until you get another finisher and go for it again, or they lightly tap you on the head and pin you and since kicking out is a total pain in the rear end, they win and you gotta do the poo poo all over again.

I just want to unlock everything :negative:

Also, there's next to no WCW representation except for "yeah, they were beating us because they had nWo, but eventually, we kicked their rear end, vinceflex.jpg" and that's lame because I liked WCW when I was a dumb kid. At least give me the Monday Nitro arena or something.

Anyway, that's my mini-rant on dumb outdated wrestleman games, hope you liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
2k14 has a lot of maddening little flaws and glitches, but is a fun e-fed simulator, which is why it's so disappointing that 15 not only fixes nothing beyond the graphics but actually does less.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yo what's the rainmaker called in this game, i know it's here

i got some rain to make

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cams posted:

yo what's the rainmaker called in this game, i know it's here

i got some rain to make

It's on one of the last pages, Wrestling Hero or something like that. I just found it last night. [edit: just realized that's the Rainmaker taunt, not the move]

What are the YeaOh! taunt and the Boma Ye called?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 30, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

2K14 is actually the best Smackdown-lineage game since probably HCTP. 2k15 is not. At least now we know they are doing PC releases so when an actual good game comes out the world will be ready.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The boma ye is the "strong style knee", Rainmaker is the "wristclutch lariat"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Add me on steam so I get slightly less generic opponents in career mode, username is ~Swinton.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

username is ~Swinton
gently caress this is so good i hate you

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

2K14 is actually the best Smackdown-lineage game since probably HCTP. 2k15 is not. At least now we know they are doing PC releases so when an actual good game comes out the world will be ready.

I really wish 2k14 had come to PC first, because even discounting the better make-a-whatever stuff, I really liked the base and DLC roster what with having so many classic guys compared to 2k15. Even if some of them didn't look that much like the actual wrestler.

Like, I can't even figure out how to rename my CAW.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

there are cm punk caws available that look better than the 2k15 cm punk

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Has anybody figured out a way to get more than 20 caws, considering it's on the pc hardware limitations shouldn't really be at thing for adding more slots.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The move list is amusing.

my signature moves are cattle mutilation and burning hammer and my finisher is the psycho driver.

I don't mind the game, the gameplay takes some getting used to but after a little bit it clicks, but it sure is frustrating up to that point.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my finisher sequence is rainmaker into anaconda vice, this game was worth my $40

http://steamcommunity.com/id/camsteh

add me for caw fun

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

pressedbunny posted:

It's total dogshit, unless modders really go to town on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odIsUBznsYE

This is probably good enough for me, since half the characters look like poo poo anyways :toot:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

wow, there is a real shortage of top rope dives in this game.

i want more flippy poo poo!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There's no create a finisher either

I wanted an obnoxious 30 second animation to grief everyone online, dammit!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm on the fence about getting this for the PC. I love, love, LOVE making me and all my dumb mates and setting up a federation and having the game sim a year or two and seeing where everyone is at the end. Seeing the feuds and the alliances and all that good stuff.

But if the CAW system is a bit naff I might wait until the modders have unlocked its true potential. If I can't have stupid hair and a weird mask then what's the point?

Also how is the Universe mode? Is that at least better than the previous years? Have they finally implimented random story lines at least?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

LvK posted:

Hyper NG64 is almost completely unemulated at this point, sadly. Buriki One looks pretty fun, and it's a game where the Ken and Ryu are Sakuraba and Gracie (and instead of Zangief, you get Karelin and Goldberg[with some sort of nWo Goldust alternate outfit]) (also the Goldberg guy is Dutch because of course the big brute forcer in a '90s JMMA game would be Dutch)

I don't even know what the hell was up with that Giant Baba thing in GG2k, it had Giant Baba's model, the anime Tiger Mask's moveset, and Misawa's super move. And it was a translucent yellow guy with a computer in his thoracic cavity. I'm not even sure where the Super Brody thing came from but it was hilarious.

Just going back to Buriki One and Giant Gram 2000 talk. You can actually play as the main character (Gai Tendou) and boss (Silver) from Buriki One in King of Fighters XI and both are pretty fun to play as. Also, SNK in the 90s seemed to have a thing about Dutch wrestlers. The boss in the SNK wrestling game 3 Count Bout, Master Barnes was also Dutch. That game was fun, but you had to mash buttons so much to pull off moves and not be overwhelmed by the computer.

The translucent guy in Giant Gram 2000, was called Hyper. There were two Tigers in the game. The one that had a literal tiger mask had some ridiculous moves (mainly the Kinnikuman ones). If you teamed him with Hyper, their two vs two super was the Muscle Docking.

The best thing about the Dreamcast version of that game was the create a wrestler mode. You started off with a bare minimum moveset (punch, body slam, elbow drop, etc), and would pick opponents to train against in short bouts. When they did moves on you, you could learn them and then be able to do them in your next bout. In addition to this, you could level the moves up, to strengthen them, so learning the brainbuster and getting it to level 30 would unlock the ability to change it into a sheer drop brainbuster, and then levelling the sheer drop brainbuster to level 30 unlocks the Steiner Screwdriver. You could also combine moves to make stronger ones, like combining the Argentine Backbreaker with the Orange Crush to make the Burning Hammer. It could be irritating to unlock all the moves, but if you got the Giant Gram 2.1 (Tiger's Burning Special), it was worth it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I remember 3 Count Bout. I couldn't even beat the first guy. I barely even got anything on him.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The modding is already getting good. Already seen updated Titantrons and ring gear and themes, but for me nothing beats this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjmbGwfVOGk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That just sounds like a regular Cena entrance, I don't get it?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Skunkrocker posted:

The modding is already getting good. Already seen updated Titantrons and ring gear and themes, but for me nothing beats this...

Art. Totally worth the wait.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No further mods needed.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Snacksmaniac posted:

No further mods needed.

No, this still needs to be modded into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXFvjqzP2E

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

The boma ye is the "strong style knee", Rainmaker is the "wristclutch lariat"

And the boma ye is a corner move, so you do the taunt automatically before kneeing their face off.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Skunkrocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtwcCxCWqLU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
When the modding community is done with this game it will be the last PC game they decide to release

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so what are the good sites to keep an eye on for mods and poo poo if nobody's gonna repost em here

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Hoss Corncave posted:

Just going back to Buriki One and Giant Gram 2000 talk.

this all made me think of the best wrestling game ever made, Hybrid Heaven, where you can put hosed up alien monsters in the god drat sharpshooter

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
The CAW for 2k15 is so, so bad, and if I had known just how bad I may not even have bothered. I know there's the potential for mods and poo poo, but even on just the most basic level it's fundamentally hamstrung in ways that surprised me. I know it's probably too much to expect to be able to make the sort of hosed up monstrosities I did back in whatever Smackdown game it was my roommate owned years ago, but the body morphing sliders are pathetic and all of the faces end up looking too similar as well.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

playing through punk's showcase is hilarious in retrospect.

when you get to the part where kevin nash shows up and alberto del rio cashes in on punk, it's like, "oh yeah, wwe ruins everything."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Judgement posted:

The CAW for 2k15 is so, so bad, and if I had known just how bad I may not even have bothered. I know there's the potential for mods and poo poo, but even on just the most basic level it's fundamentally hamstrung in ways that surprised me. I know it's probably too much to expect to be able to make the sort of hosed up monstrosities I did back in whatever Smackdown game it was my roommate owned years ago, but the body morphing sliders are pathetic and all of the faces end up looking too similar as well.

"This game everyone said sucks does in fact actually suck!"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Let's get ready to suck it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
So far I've had fun making myself as a CAW, then going into WWE Universe mode and squashing Ziggler for the IC belt. Last wrestlegame I played was a Smackdown on PS2, whereas I sorta did the same things.

If a CAW system can make me play out my adult childhood fantasy, it is a good CAW system.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Two Beans posted:

If a CAW system can make me play out my adult childhood fantasy, it is a good CAW system.

I made myself in 2k14 and my cat as a tag team partner

It was horrifying.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Sockser posted:

It was horrifying.

I like it. I'm just a vanilla midget shooter with Jeff Hardy arms.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Sockser posted:

It was horrifying.

wow get a cat that's better at wrestling than a 76 smh

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

schweens posted:

wow get a cat that's better at wrestling than a 76 smh

but that cat has a legends contract, he has seen some poo poo in the ring man

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

quote:

UPDATED TITANTRONS AND THEME MUSIC WITH LINK
https://www.youtube.com/user/Neverdead121/videos

STEAM FOR SOME REASON WONT LET ME UPLOAD

UPDATE: JUST UPDATED STING AND HHH TO THE AUTHORITY

UPDATE 2: Mega link for updated Titantrons and themes

https://mega.co.nz/#F!VQsyzJCS!69vWbUHOts2hE369tyFXKQ

UPDATE 3: ZIGGLER AND CENA UPDATED TITANRONS

https://mega.co.nz/#F!wEth3B4I!TLrnjCRXEnY8jlzRveDd8Q

just copy replace and set entrence song to NONE

(MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR TITANRON FOLDER FIRST)

once downloaded copy and replace all files in Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K15\movies\titantron now load the game and edit the superstar entrence and set entrence song to NONE and select the corresponding video as there titantron (see below) and the new titantron plays so will the new theme

the titantrons replaced with new ones are:

aj lee old - seth rollins

shield - roman reigns

sheamus - sheamus

hhh game old - the authority

tyson kidd - dean ambrose

cesaro - new cesaro/kidd (same one used with kidd also)

wyatt 1 - Erick Rowan

wyatt 2 - luke harper

sting 99 - sting new

ziggler - ziggler

cena - cena

YOU WILL HAVE TO UPDATE THE ENTRANCE WALK AND ATTIRES YOUR SELF THIS JUST GIVES YOU THE NEW TITANTRONS AND THEME MUSIC

One I'm using. Updating the walks is kinda annoying but also kinda fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm looking forward to the retro mods. I care less about updating the game to be current, I want to make WCW 2K15